Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2010, 03:49 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Good point...
It's actually funny that the devils recognized what Jesus actually came to destroy (death and all that pertains to it) and yet fundamental christianity can not see it , but turned the gun on those He came to seek and save.

It's the thief that came to kill and destroy(John 10:10) .Jesus said He came to save life not destroy it .

It's death and him who had the power over it that He came to destroy.

Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might destroy him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil— .

The devils recognized this was Jesus's mission , why can't you ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 06:50 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times
Quote:
Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
Rom 9:22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
Rom 9:23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

Looks pretty special to me...

Of course you think your better than others, that much is clear.

Old 07-15-2010, 06:51 AM

Quote:
What did Jesus say Himself about His Mission?...

Oh, jesus said he would fail?

Old 07-15-2010, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
The devils confessed who Jesus is and are terrified.

Mark 1:24
"What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are—the Holy One of God!"

They didn't say this from the standpoint of faith, but of inevitability.
No less will be the unbeliever...their knee will bow, they will be forced to confess to what they refused to do, and then follow God's will for the devils...destruction:

Matthew 25:41
"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels."

Oh, here we have the hypocrisy of some ridiculous teachings in Christianity all summed up,

God won't force you to do anything you don't want to do, but he will force a confession "For his Glory". Riiiight.

The Devils did not confess Jesus as Lord,. but because teachings are so watered down and generalized you can't tell the difference in the passages.

This is shown by your unscriptural commentary. "They will be forced to confess to what they refused to do"

Philippians contains no such thing. The passage says that every knee shall Bow and every tongue confess "JESUS as LORD" TO "THE GLORY OF GOD THE FATHER"

You are now equating "confessing Jesus as Lord" to "Confessing what they refused to do"

You might disagree with me, but telling me I have to believe such a ridiculous difference in wording is a bunch of nonsense.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:58 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
UR denies the purpose of the cross, it gives man the power to overcome his sins in his life through a symbolic post mortem judgement, for those very sins that Christ suffered for on the first place for those who put their faith in Him.

Good post Twin!
Hi sciotamicks,

didn't you post something a short while back stating that God will not punish us a second time for our sins? If Jesus Christ is the atonement for the sin (not sins) of the whole world, then why do you say that UR denies the purpose of the cross??
On the contrary, we glory in it!!

I must be missing something here..

Blessings,
brian

Old 07-15-2010, 08:12 AM

1,897 posts, read 2,112,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Hi sciotamicks,

didn't you post something a short while back stating that God will not punish us a second time for our sins? If Jesus Christ is the atonement for the sin (not sins) of the whole world, then why do you say that UR denies the purpose of the cross??
On the contrary, we glory in it!!

I must be missing something here..

Blessings,
brian
IMO, you are not missing anything here. He and others purposefully misstate what UR believes, perhaps to mislead someone who is reading that doesn't know the difference. There's no way they can believe what they say after all we've told them.

Sciotamicks, in case my opinion is wrong and you really are under the impression we deny the purpose of the cross, let me put it to you like this (even though you've probably read it before). God gave us a heart to live. It would be foolish to believe that since we are now alive that the heart has no purpose. God gave us Jesus, but that in no way means the cross has no purpose.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:22 AM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
IMO, you are not missing anything here. He and others purposefully misstate what UR believes, perhaps to mislead someone who is reading that doesn't know the difference. There's no way they can believe what they say after all we've told them.
I agree with you BHFT . . . they are purposeful in their obtuseness because they refuse to intellectually engage their primitive interpretations. They consider the very notion of UR (as they have been programmed to see it) as heresy that must be rejected by any means. (This is another of the absurd methods of blind obedience that seems to encourage ignorance and deceit in defense of their perceived TRUTH, IMO)

Old 07-15-2010, 08:49 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,129,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I agree with you BHFT . . . they are purposeful in their obtuseness because they refuse to intellectually engage their primitive interpretations. They consider the very notion of UR (as they have been programmed to see it) as heresy that must be rejected by any means. (This is another of the absurd methods of blind obedience that seems to encourage ignorance and deceit in defense of their perceived TRUTH, IMO)
That is quite a mouthful, but I think you are exactly right. Their "truth" is defended against all scripture, logic, and reason, because they are unwilling to accept that they might be wrong. It can be quite traumatizing to realize you have believed a lie for most of your life, so in some ways your subconscious trys to protect you from that trauma, at the expense of finding out the real truth.

Here is a general principle. Never be afraid to question what you perceive to be the truth. If it really is the truth, any answers you discover will only further confirm it as the truth. It is the perceived "truths" that cannot be questioned that we should immediately suspect.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:52 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
It really ails me when I see posts such as this one, who have no regard for the fact that Paul is addressing the church solely, as Israel Jew and Gentile, who will be doing this bowing and confessing. This prophecy is directed solely at Israel, and the resurrection of the dead. How many times must this concept be thrown into UR's face till it swallows it?

Like your linguistic analyzation has anything to do with the message.....so you analyze confess.......so what?

It ails you? What must be ailing you, though you seem to be completely unaware of it, is the fact that you are unable to understand what the scriptures are saying.

Indeed sciotamicks, every knee will bow, and every tongue confess that Christ is lord to the glory of the father. Not just those who believe before they die.

Romans 11 is a very telling chapter, speaking of the Israelis who did not believe, not those who do believe.

Rom 11:31-32
Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy. For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

See, this is about those who do not believe, specificaly the Israelis who reject Christ.

Your constant and incessant iteration of "only spiritual Israel/those that believe" is here put to death. You cannot understand, your eyes are blinded and your ears are deafened. Hear what the spirit is saying and see the glory of God in his everlasting mercy for all people ...

Peace ...

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 07-15-2010 at 09:02 AM..

Old 07-15-2010, 08:57 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Here is a general principle. Never be afraid to question what you perceive to be the truth. If it really is the truth, any answers you discover will only further confirm it as the truth. It is the perceived "truths" that cannot be questioned that we should immediately suspect.
Well said, Legoman!!

The message of "turn or burn" is, plain and simple, extortion. Said by any man, it would be considered criminal.
But now that it has become accepted doctrine, it somehow cannot be questioned!
But God is bigger than all our doctrines, whether yours, mine, or someone else's.
And since God is truth, we should only rejoice when we are able to discover more of it!!

But much of Christendom is running and hiding.

Blessings,
brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity