Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 03:35 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,432,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
So only jewish christians are held in slavery by the fear of death ?
Captives released...Matt 27:52
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 04:13 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Captives released...Matt 27:52
Camps rolls over the floor laughing his English ass off .

Old 07-16-2010, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Camps rolls over the floor laughing his English ass off .
I guess you deny the scriptures....your choice...laugh all you want.

Old 07-16-2010, 04:42 PM

Just answer 2 simple questions

1 Have you ever been held in slavery to the fear of death ?.

2 Were you one of those mentioned in Matt 27 : 52 ?

Old 07-16-2010, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Just answer 2 simple questions

1 Have you ever been held in slavery to the fear of death ?.

2 Were you one of those mentioned in Matt 27 : 52 ?
1) realized this as a past event when I accepted Christ.
1) No.

Old 07-16-2010, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
1) realized this as a past event when I accepted Christ.
1) No.
I didn't ask you when you realized it ?

I asked you have you ever been held in slavery to the fear of death ? . You either were or you wasn't .

Anyone who denies this is not being honest and especially with themselves

Last edited by pcamps; 07-16-2010 at 07:10 PM..

Old 07-16-2010, 07:03 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,152,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Jesus was picking and choosing?

silly Jesus!
No, He was fulfilling prophesy as needed.

Soon enough, the world shall see. They really don't want to, but they will.

Old 07-16-2010, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Speaking of wages.. I think you might be confused.

See... Paul explains: For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Wages are payment for work. Sin is a master of his servant and pays wages. So your payment for working for sin is death.

But eternal life has nothing to do with wages.. it is a gift.

Paul also states: Now when a man works, his wages are not credited to him as a gift, but as an obligation. However, to the man who does not work but trusts God who justifies the wicked, his faith is credited as righteousness.

So the wages of sin is death... but then we see that:
So it is God who decides to show mercy. We can neither choose it nor work for it.

And - But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works, otherwise grace is no longer grace.

So Paul taught that although the wages of sin are death.. there is no wages with God.. it is a pure gift of justification to the wicked. Undeserved love and mercy..

The gift is freely given.

Once you understand the correlation between the wages of sin and the gift of God.. you will, perhaps, understand where URers are coming from.
Once again, you are skipping whole sections of the Word to come up with your conclusions. Not saying your argument is not right, just not in the context you think it is.

I think you really need to read Romans again.

Everything you posted above applies ONLY to believers.

There is nothing in there that applies to another chance beyond physical death of the body. Nothing....

Old 07-16-2010, 07:35 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Once again, you are skipping whole sections of the Word to come up with your conclusions. Not saying your argument is not right, just not in the context you think it is.

I think you really need to read Romans again.

Everything you posted above applies ONLY to believers.

There is nothing in there that applies to another chance beyond physical death of the body. Nothing....
There is NOTHING in the bible that applies ONLY to ANYONE . . . let alone believers. It is for ALL humans to gain spiritual understanding and instruction, period. All you "special people" who revel in your "specialness" and boast about the different treatment and special verses that apply only to you are in for one heck of a shock. The regret and remorse will flow from your souls . . . like melted butter in the hot Sun under God's spiritual fire during refinement.

Old 07-16-2010, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
There is NOTHING in the bible that applies ONLY to ANYONE . . . let alone believers. It is for ALL humans to gain spiritual understanding and instruction, period. All you "special people" who revel in your "specialness" and boast about the different treatment and special verses that apply only to you are in for one heck of a shock. The regret and remorse will flow from your souls . . . like melted butter in the hot Sun under God's spiritual fire during refinement.
Then so be it Mystic. Like I have said REPEATEDLY. I hope UR is true. If so, then God can punish me for speaking out against it. Either way, I would still love Him with ALL of my being.

Sadly, you cannot say the same thing if the doctrine I hold to is truth, can you. You would rather He just kill you, right?

And I do not feel I am 'special', so please quit trying to generalize me. I am the worst of sinners according to my past. So to be given the grace needed for sanctification was the greatest of blessings for me personally.

Special verses are what you UR folk do. Read the whole chapter, and book to see if your doctrines line up with the WHOLE counsel of God. Not cherry picked verses pulled out of context to suit a desire based upon frivolous emotions, not understanding the complete will or judgment of our Creator.

To compare God to humans is no different than the pagan gods of old, from egypt to greece. My God is above all that nonsense. If needed, He could give you over to Satan, TONITE, to sift through. Would that be something a loving human would do? God would though, so how does that stack up with your reason and logic concerning the Creator of all?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity