Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2010, 09:36 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,618,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Ilene, I don't quite understand that. You might want to clarify.

A child dying before they reach the "age of accountability" would guarantee their salvation if ET and AOA were true. Even though that would be the case, I don't think people actually think about killing a loved one, as in, really contemplating it. But this does show how bizarre the belief in ET is. A child can live with the risk of someday burning forever, or die as a child and not have to risk an eternity in flames. If that were true, then God forgot to close a huge loophole when He came up with the ET plan.

Any believers in a literal lake of fire care to explain the loophole?
Hi BHFT,

That's why I said anyone who believes in ET has had that thought pass through their mind at some point, or they would be lying. Not that they would actually do it, but there has been people who have actually done it, case in point the woman who drowned all 5 of her children in the bathtub because she was afraid of her children burning forever. Obviously mentally ill also, but you see my point. Not everyone can handle the teachings of ET and it causes them to do outrageous things. I'd like to hear the explanation of this loophole also. I mean, is that woman really crazy for what she did or was it pure love and mercy if she truly believed in ET?

Old 07-20-2010, 10:12 AM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Hi BHFT,

That's why I said anyone who believes in ET has had that thought pass through their mind at some point, or they would be lying. Not that they would actually do it, but there has been people who have actually done it, case in point the woman who drowned all 5 of her children in the bathtub because she was afraid of her children burning forever. Obviously mentally ill also, but you see my point. Not everyone can handle the teachings of ET and it causes them to do outrageous things. I'd like to hear the explanation of this loophole also. I mean, is that woman really crazy for what she did or was it pure love and mercy if she truly believed in ET?
Well, if ET were true, then even if she were mentally ill... it would not have been crazy to do so!! It would have been the supreme act of love and mercy.

Now watch. let's see how many folks come on here and say that I am sick and twisted to say such a thing.

But it's something that they cannot deny.
ET'ers CANNOT get around this dilemma.
It's the elephant in the room that is not going away.
No matter how much they try to cover him up, throw blankets over him, pretend he's not there, pretend like other people are twisted or sick for saying that he's there.
HE is there.
That big ol' elephant is sitting right over there.

Sitting right over there telling the world that those who were aborted, according to the belief and logic of ET, are actually the luckiest of all.

ET - The square peg trying to be jammed into the round hole.
It won't EVER fit. No matter how many people believe it.
No many how many preachers preach it.
No matter how many repeat it.
IT doesn't fit.
Never has.
Never will.

Old 07-20-2010, 10:15 AM

1,897 posts, read 2,111,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Hi BHFT,

I assumed that's what you meant, and not that people were lying if they said they didn't "think about it," as in comtemplate it. I just wanted you to clarify before someone took it the wrong way and jumped on you!

I really would like to hear someone who believes in ET explain the loophole. In ET theology, either the loophole exists, or children are subject to the lake of fire. And even though Andrea Yates has mental illness, she admitted that she drowned her 5 children because it was better to kill herself and her children rather than to allow them to continue stumbling and go to hell.

Old 07-20-2010, 11:12 AM

38 posts, read 51,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Annihilationism is a false doctrne and is easily refuted.

Annihilationism is not Biblical. Unbelievers will spend all eternity in the lake of fire, as will Satan and his angel
For ET to be true then men must be immortal. No where in the scriptures does it teach that men or angels are created immortal. On the contrary Lord Jesus says that only HE HIMSELF IS IMMORTAL.

1 Tim 6-15 - Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; 16. Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Men and angels cannot be created immortal. To be immortal a man must have infinite energy and power. To have infinite energy and power, a man must not have boundaries. To have no boundaries, a man must share the same space with God. This cannot be.

Man is finite. His body is finite, his spirit is also finite. A man’s spirit exist inside his finite body. A man’s body can only exist inside God.

Acts 17:28 - For in him we live, and move, and have our being;

If man is immortal, then we can exist, live and power ourselves without God. But The Lord Jesus says without him (His power) we can do nothing. Whether on earth on in heaven, He will be the One constantly supplying the power to keep us alive. Just like the vine supplying water and nutrients to keep the branches alive.

John 15:5 - I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing

Immortality of human being is taught by the ancient Egyptians and Plato. Not by the Holy Spirit. Thus ET is a false teaching.

Old 07-20-2010, 11:21 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
I assumed that's what you meant, and not that people were lying if they said they didn't "think about it," as in comtemplate it. I just wanted you to clarify before someone took it the wrong way and jumped on you!

I really would like to hear someone who believes in ET explain the loophole. In ET theology, either the loophole exists, or children are subject to the lake of fire. And even though Andrea Yates has mental illness, she admitted that she drowned her 5 children because it was better to kill herself and her children rather than to allow them to continue stumbling and go to hell.
Ahhh, they finally figured it out. Yes it is true, Christians have babies only so they can kill them later. After all, the food is free and tasty in prison and you can make many friends before your execution.

Yawn....

When will the harping against Christians stop?

Old 07-20-2010, 11:22 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,022,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presby View Post
For ET to be true then men must be immortal. No where in the scriptures does it teach that men or angels are created immortal. On the contrary Lord Jesus says that only HE HIMSELF IS IMMORTAL.

1 Tim 6-15 - Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; 16. Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Men and angels cannot be created immortal. To be immortal a man must have infinite energy and power. To have infinite energy and power, a man must not have boundaries. To have no boundaries, a man must share the same space with God. This cannot be.

Man is finite. His body is finite, his spirit is also finite. A man’s spirit exist inside his finite body. A man’s body can only exist inside God.

Acts 17:28 - For in him we live, and move, and have our being;

If man is immortal, then we can exist, live and power ourselves without God. But The Lord Jesus says without him (His power) we can do nothing. Whether on earth on in heaven, He will be the One constantly supplying the power to keep us alive. Just like the vine supplying water and nutrients to keep the branches alive.

John 15:5 - I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing

Immortality of human being is taught by the ancient Egyptians and Plato. Not by the Holy Spirit. Thus ET is a false teaching.
Actually, Jesus taught the way to immortality. Because of this, EVERYONE can become immortal. We are no longer bound to the teachings of the OT. We are bound by the teachings of Jesus. If you understand what Jesus taught, then you should know this. Otherwise, you are just another robot in the material world reiterating what you have been taught by someone else.

God will never allow ET. That is not who or what God is. He is Love and Love does not condemn.

Old 07-20-2010, 11:41 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,757,439 times
The truth of God is eternal evil and everlasting torture for most people who ever live? Oh dear, sounds like the lie of Satan to me. Maybe that is the truth of your God of infinite hate and limitless violence, it is not the truth of God of unending mercy and the victory of love and life. Your idea God is sick if you ask me ... I don't want anything to do with it thanks. My God is love, and love never fails ... Praise Jesus, the true God who is love ... As it is written, "be of Good cheer" ... Not, "be very afraid" ...

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 07-20-2010 at 12:40 PM..

Old 07-20-2010, 11:55 AM

2,031 posts, read 3,223,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
The truth of God is eternal evil and everlasting torture for most people who ever live? Oh dear, sounds like the lie of Satan to me. Maybe that is the truth of your God of infinite hate and limitless violence, it is not the truth of God of unending mercy and the victory of love and life. Your God is sick if you ask me ... I don't want anything to do with him thanks. My God is love, and love never fails ... Praise Jesus, the true God who is love ... As it is written, "be of Good cheer" ... Not, "be very afraid" ...
He will grant your request.

Old 07-20-2010, 12:01 PM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
The truth of God is eternal evil and everlasting torture for most people who ever live? Oh dear, sounds like the lie of Satan to me. Maybe that is the truth of your God of infinite hate and limitless violence, it is not the truth of God of unending mercy and the victory of love and life. Your God is sick if you ask me ... I don't want anything to do with him thanks. My God is love, and love never fails ... Praise Jesus, the true God who is love ... As it is written, "be of Good cheer" ... Not, "be very afraid" ...
1 John 4:8
Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

God is Love.
Doesn't 1 Corinthians 13 tell us that:

Love Conquers ALL.
Love Never Ends.
Love Endures.
Love keeps no record of wrongs.
Love is Kind.
Love is Patient.
Love always Protects.
Love Never Fails.

Whoever does not love, does not know God, because God *IS* love.

It's so simple that even a child could understand...
and most DO. I suppose that's why the kingdom of heaven belongs to children.

I think we all were closer to truth when we were children.
Growing up is a struggle to stay in that truth.
We are led astray but... Love endures.
Love never fails.
All are ultimately safe in the palm of his hands.

And this contrast we walk will not be in vain.
What we will have learned, will stay with us.
What we will have learned about the POWER of LOVE, the POWER of our Creator... will stay with us for always.

Just some thoughts,
peace,
sparrow

Old 07-20-2010, 12:10 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,757,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
He will grant your request.

If you say so ... So long as you get to heaven and everyone who agrees with you, that is all that matters right? To hell with everyone else ... That is Fundamentalist Christianity in a nutshell ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity