Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2010, 04:24 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,438,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
You be careful as well. Following men instead of studying and rightly dividing scripture can be hazardous to your health. Seriously.

Fearing death, fearing where you will end up, fearing where your loved ones will end up does not bring peace, love, patience, and joy into your life.

It brings anxiety, frustration, impatience, anger, hopelessness, paranoia, and more.

Check fruit often.........

And STUDY!

You were given the Holy Spirit just like any other follower of Christ out there.
"It brings anxiety, frustration, impatience, anger, hopelessness, paranoia, and more".

My spiritual diagnosis? Thank you Dr. herefornow. Can you walk me through the self-examination? Oh, doctor.....by the way, if you don't mind me asking, when was the last time YOU performed one?

And by the way.....don't confuse concern with fear! And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

You understand? I'll call you to scheduled the next appointment.....

Old 07-20-2010, 04:28 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,192,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
"It brings anxiety, frustration, impatience, anger, hopelessness, paranoia, and more".

My spiritual diagnosis? Thank you Dr. herefornow. Can you walk me through the self-examination? Oh, doctor.....by the way, if you don't mind me asking, when was the last time YOU performed one?

And by the way.....don't confuse concern with fear! And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

You understand? I'll call you to scheduled the next appointment.....
I forgot one. Denial.

Please, study. I'm begging you.

Old 07-20-2010, 04:32 PM

[quote=herefornow;15123715i forgot one. Denial.]

I have a question...have you ever experienced sitting with the dying, day after day, year after year? Have you ever seen someone bargain with God on their deathbed? Have you? Well, that's where concern comes in. Anxiety, frustration, impatience, anger, hopelessness, paranoia....are stages leading up to death, to that final hour, where death not only approaches, but is imminent! I've never had one (praise be to God), atheist, or not refuse the POWER OF PRAYER before death finally approaches! YES, concern for ones soul is key, do you understand?

Last edited by Betsey Lane; 07-20-2010 at 04:46 PM.. Reason: typo's.....

Old 07-20-2010, 04:52 PM

[quote=Betsey Lane;15123765]
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow;15123715i forgot one. Denial.

I have a question...have you ever experienced sitting with the dying, day after day, year after year? Have you ever seen someone bargain with God on their deathbed? Have you? Well, that's where concern comes in. Anxiety, frustration, impatience, anger, hopelessness, paranoia....are stages leading up to death, to that final hour, where death not only approaches, but is imminent! I've never had one (praise be to God), atheist, or not refuse the POWER OF PRAYER before death finally approaches! YES, concern for ones soul is key, do you understand?

Yes, Betsey! I was a nurse. You have no idea what I have been through and what I've seen.

You are not the only one out there who deals with chaos, madness, death, and violence.

Study.

Old 07-20-2010, 04:55 PM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
The wages of Sin is death, not hell ... We are saved from sin and death, not everlasting torment. If the wages of sin was everlasting torment in eternal hell, i am pretty sure that is what the scriptures would have said.
It does. Not in the sentence that you constructed-''the wages of sin is everlasting torment in eternal hell,'' but throughout the many and various warnings and descriptions of lake of fire, the furnace of fire, the eternal fire, the place where their worm never dies, etc... The wages of sin is death. That includes both spiritual death and physical death. Spiritual death is loss of relationship with God-separation from God. In Gen. 2:17 God told Adam that if he ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil that he would die both spiritually and physically. '...for in the day that you eat from it, dying you will die.' Or, 'to die you shall die'. Muth thmuth. Adam died spiritually immediately after he ate the fruit. He died physically many hundreds of years later.

Thereafter, every member of the human race is born physically alive but spiritually dead. Everyone is born already separated from God. All who die without receiving Christ as Savior remain under eternal condemnation and go first to the 'torments' part of hades, and then after the Millennium, they are resurrected out of hades to stand before Jesus Christ for final sentencing at the Great White throne judgment, at which time they will be thrown into the lake of fire. Revelation 20:11-15.

Many passages warn of hell-Gehenna-the lake of fire. Matthew 10:28; 18:8; 25:41,46; Revelation 20:10, 11-15. 2 Thess 1:-9 warns of the penalty of eternal destruction. There are others.

Most Christians understand that the Bible is clear on its teaching concerning the lake of fire and the eternal imprisonment of the unbeliever, Satan, and the fallen angels in that place. But there will always be those who continue to deny the word of God in favor of either universalism or annihilationism. Both are false doctrines which appeal to those who just won't accept what the Bible says.

Old 07-20-2010, 04:55 PM

[quote=herefornow;15124055]
Quote:

Yes, Betsey! I was a nurse. And, you have no idea what I have been through and what I've seen.

Just leave it alone.

Hey, you're the one that diagnosed me, didn't you? Well, I'm a nurse today, and nothing's change, people still need the Lord, before they die, amen?

Leaving it alone.

Old 07-20-2010, 04:59 PM

Quote:

Hey, you're the one that diagnosed me, didn't you? Well, I'm a nurse today, and nothing's change, people still need the Lord, before they die, amen?

Leaving it alone.
People still need to be salvaged, yes. Life is full of pain, and there are a lot of people hurting out there.

Thank you.

Old 07-20-2010, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Most Christians understand that the Bible is clear on its teaching concerning the lake of fire and the eternal imprisonment of the unbeliever, Satan, and the fallen angels in that place
Mike, most of Christianity is sleeping, and has been for a LONG time. It is comfortable following the crowd and the leading men in that crowd.

The last days were 2000 years ago.

At what point in this journey are we at now?

Old 07-20-2010, 05:15 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,567,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Mike, most of Christianity is sleeping, and has been for a LONG time. It is comfortable following the crowd and the leading men in that crowd.

The last days were 2000 years ago.

At what point in this journey are we at now?
In wait...to be reconciled at his coming...

Old 07-20-2010, 05:16 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Fundamentalist Translation: "Believe in eternal hell or you will not be saved."
"Salvation is all about avoiding hell."
Your words, not mine. Again, I wonder what motivates you guys to make these anti-Christian comments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity