Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 08:24 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,693,572 times

Advertisements

Ecclesiastes 7:14 (The Message)

"On a good day, enjoy yourself; On a bad day, examine your conscience. God arranges for both kinds of days So that we won't take anything for granted."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2010, 08:32 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,693,572 times
II Corinthians 4:16-18

Therefore do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:29 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,955,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityflair View Post
God's will...I know He wants the best for me and my family, but that doesn't make it any easier to swallow when He says "NO," and my plans are derailed. I have prayed, been in the Word, and am obedient, but I could sure use some encouragement. Thanks!

Maybe your plans were derailed because you didn't do something right, perhaps there is a better way to do the same thing.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:37 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,377,214 times
Quote:
God's will...I know He wants the best for me and my family, but that doesn't make it any easier to swallow when He says "NO," and my plans are derailed. I have prayed, been in the Word, and am obedient, but I could sure use some encouragement. Thanks!
Letting go, my friend, is really quite easy. And as you do, you allow the divine even more room to work in you, thereby increasing your joy.
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done..!

I think it's the only way to really live without hard disappointments.

Blessings to you!
brian

Old 07-26-2010, 11:47 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,221,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
June is (truly) "just June."

"Soulfulness" and what you all think is "the presence of God" is sometimes found in the most unexpected of places, my friends....

~Take utmost gentle care.
Brava!!! I couldn't have said it better myself!!!!

Old 07-27-2010, 06:17 AM

889 posts, read 2,715,368 times
ahigherway, You said, "Letting go...is really quite easy." Could you expound on that? I'm sure this lesson isn't just for me. Thanks! Your friend, city-flair

Old 07-27-2010, 09:54 AM

1,315 posts, read 1,870,644 times
Quote:
ahigherway, You said, "Letting go...is really quite easy." Could you expound on that? I'm sure this lesson isn't just for me. Thanks! Your friend, city-flair
Letting go is something that I need Jesus Christ's help to do, just as I do in living the christian life. By the grace of God go I, and the more trapped a person feels, the more they need to let go and trust in God.

Since Jesus is with us always, we have the words of the Psalmist's that declares Our Good Shepherd will walk us through that valley of death.

Philippians 4:11Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.

1 Timothy 6: 6But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. 8And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.

1 Peter 4: 19Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

Romans 8: 18For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:20 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,377,214 times
Hi Cityflair,
I read something once, which, seemed to just "hit me right." It was this:

"If the will of God is our will, and if He always has His way, then we always have our way also, and we reign in a perpetual kingdom."

From this reading at Tentmaker.org: Is God in Everything?

Giving our "stuff" to the Lord is really quite easy, as long as we're not attached to what we are giving up!

Blessings to you,
brian

Old 07-28-2010, 01:51 PM

595 posts, read 762,926 times
Quote:
Remember when Peter and his friends had been fishing all night and didn't catch a thing? Jesus told Peter to put out his boat and Peter said to Jesus, 'Master, we have worked hard all night long and not caught a thing. But because you say so, I will let down the nets."
When they let down the nets thay caught such a large number of fish their nets began to break. Then they called for their partners to help and filled both boats so full that they began to sink.
When Peter saw this, he fell at the knees of Jesus and felt so unworthy. Luke 5.
I can see Jesus smiling at Peter.

God Bless,
Mercy

Old 07-30-2010, 02:56 AM

5,503 posts, read 5,581,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
June,

You're the most spiritual unbeliever I've ever read. That was beautiful.

Peace -
Heartsong
I also tried to tell her that and what do I get in response? This>>>
Sometimes I just hint around the bush and still...this is what I get>>>

Quote:

~But thank you, sincerely.....

~June
See what I mean...

Quote:
June is (truly) "just June."

"Soulfulness" and what you all think is "the presence of God" is sometimes found in the most unexpected of places, my friends....

~Take utmost gentle care.
Now...this last reply is so much better...she held back the...

But we know better......she's being "just June"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity