U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 06:01 AM

8,693 posts, read 7,902,207 times

Advertisements

The dark spirit of this world talk and talk like people and have a limited vocabulary of ideas which are the same or what is remembered or said by people , where believer must cast down all demons who speak or sin will be a home in believers ...... Jesus has an articulate vocabulary of Words which is quicken whole sentences at once to His People , and will never cross the truth of the Word of God by the Bible ...To hear the Voice of God , an easy way is to pray unceasing , as you study Gods Word writing down scriptures and even help others in some way through the calling of Jesus
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2013, 06:03 AM

5,178 posts, read 4,181,866 times
There is NO SATAN - not as believed by many today. Satan was an aspect of El and a member of the Elohim in the OT. Satan is the adversary. Adversary to God. Adversary to Messiah. We humans have free will. We dont need the help of some supreme evil being to commit evil.

All this nonsense about Satan as the great tempter and the equal of God is false.

Consider - if evil is the result of Satan's influence, then why are we punished with unending punishment? If we have free will, then the choice is ours and Satan does not figure into the equation. At ALL!!!!!!

Old 10-06-2013, 03:15 PM

11,752 posts, read 7,633,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrasekaran View Post
The Difference Between The Voice of God and the Voice of Satan

1. The voice of Satan is always loud, strong, and clamorous. But the voice of God is always quiet and persuasive.

2. The voice of Satan never deals with specifics, but is often dealing with generalities. The voice of God is always to the point, and specific. God is not a God of confusion.

3. The voice of Satan is often demanding and always trying to get an immediate decision. The voice of God is always leading. Time is always a great asset to know the voice of God.

4. The voice of Satan perplexes, creates turmoil, and mixes up. But the voice of God is always clear and distinctive.

5. The voice of Satan is never marked by a restful spirit. The voice of God gives us a great rest of certainty.

6. The voice of Satan is always afraid of the light of God and will draw back from it. But the voice of God is always open, and willing for counsel or question.

7. The voice of Satan brings depression and discouragement. But the voice of God brings great encouragement to the Christian.

8. The voice of Satan appeals to the lower instincts and he suggests "I WANT". But the voice of God appeals to the higher instincts and suggests "I OUGHT".

9. The voice of Satan disappears if the Christian refuses to listen to it. But voice of God grows strong and deeper.

(Original Author Unknown)

Satan has no voice. God has a voice.

Do not put Satan at the same level of God. Satan is simply the evil within us. This evil seems to talk loud, but it only represents our tendency to sin.

Old 10-06-2013, 03:34 PM

9,862 posts, read 12,399,400 times
An important distinction is that Satan TEMPTS, while God TESTS. In other words, Satan says, "Do this pleasing thing and do not be hindered by the fact that it is wrong" --- God says, "Do this right and noble thing and do not be hindered by the fact that it may be difficult or painful."

Also, since God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow, He never contradicts His Word. From the beginning, Satan has always encouraged people to mistrust God and His Word ... in favor of that which seems 'right' or 'appealing' to men.

Of course, to distinguish the latter, one must first know what the Word of God says; a real problem in a time when so many (even Christians) are either ignorant or unconcerned about God's truth (... and unwilling to endure sound doctrine).

Last edited by jghorton; 10-06-2013 at 03:48 PM..

Old 10-06-2013, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
An important distinction is that Satan TEMPTS, while God TESTS. In other words, Satan says, "Do this pleasing thing and do not be hindered by the fact that it is wrong" --- God says, "Do this right and noble thing and do not be hindered by the fact that it may be difficult or painful."

Also, since God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow, He never contradicts His Word. From the beginning, Satan has always encouraged people to mistrust God and His Word ... in favor of that which seems 'right' or 'appealing' to men.
Some Christians continue to place God and Satan on a similar level when it comes to MANKIND.

THERE IS NO SATAN.

Satan is simply the symbol of evil within MANKIND.

The Satan made me do it excuse is not valid.

Old 10-06-2013, 09:46 PM

2,818 posts, read 3,053,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allen antrim View Post
Why did you waste your time with posting nothing? You contributed nothing to the thread, nothing to thought, and nothing to help explain this issue. All you are concerned about is attacking my character and the other guy my grammer. I think I have stirred up flatterers!
For what it's worth, I think you got good grammar. You even used the {}. I have no idea what those are for. But the post was toooo long. Most don't read those long posts.

Old 10-06-2013, 11:06 PM

6,282 posts, read 5,522,509 times
Only a deceiver would tell you Satan does not exist.
I have with many others dealt with that creature .
Jesus said, Satan is the father of lies .
They whom look for excuses to be wicked deny Satan's existence strongly externally ,but God knows their heart.
Matthew 4;1,11, Is a dialog of confrontation between Jesus and Satan.
Satan was thrown out of heaven with a third of the angels .
That is not a fictitious character, nor imaginary demons that can and do torment mankind.

Thinking Satan to be stupid is another misconception . influence can and often is right in their forecasting and reciting past events .
Peter and John dealt with a woman the had a familiar , and once she was delivered of that spirit, she could no longer make money for her masters, and had Peter and John thrown in prison.
A dear friend of mine has a son , that hi son with other kids invited demons in them selves thinking it was a game. Turns out it was no game . On of the boys almost died and others acquired demons that did all kinds of damage . My friend's son has sense gotten freed, but there are scars and the capacity to see things that will interrupt the rest of his life negatively .
Don't try and tell me Satan is not real, when I have had his hands on my throat.

As for the OP ,
Satan manipulates with fear ad the lure of self gratification , power, influence, wealth, or the fear of the threat to life or the loss of these things.

God knows my heart and provides me guidance in the path I am about to take or decisions I am about to make ,or guidance in scriptures or things of issues beyond scripture ,both of the past and the future.
Guidance in the way to pray for folk put on my heart, when to speak and when to hold my peace.

Old 10-06-2013, 11:55 PM

5,965 posts, read 6,136,804 times
Amen! Wonderful post!

Old 10-07-2013, 01:25 AM

5,178 posts, read 4,181,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
They whom look for excuses to be wicked deny Satan's existence strongly externally ,but God knows their heart.
Matthew 4;1,11, Is a dialog of confrontation between Jesus and Satan.
Satan was thrown out of heaven with a third of the angels .
That is not a fictitious character, nor imaginary demons that can and do torment mankind.

Thinking Satan to be stupid is another misconception . influence can and often is right in their forecasting and reciting past events .
Peter and John dealt with a woman the had a familiar , and once she was delivered of that spirit, she could no longer make money for her masters, and had Peter and John thrown in prison.
A dear friend of mine has a son , that hi son with other kids invited demons in them selves thinking it was a game. Turns out it was no game . On of the boys almost died and others acquired demons that did all kinds of damage . My friend's son has sense gotten freed, but there are scars and the capacity to see things that will interrupt the rest of his life negatively .
Don't try and tell me Satan is not real, when I have had his hands on my throat.

As for the OP ,
Satan manipulates with fear ad the lure of self gratification , power, influence, wealth, or the fear of the threat to life or the loss of these things.

God knows my heart and provides me guidance in the path I am about to take or decisions I am about to make ,or guidance in scriptures or things of issues beyond scripture ,both of the past and the future.
Guidance in the way to pray for folk put on my heart, when to speak and when to hold my peace.
Have you run this by a rabbi or two? Oh wait! What would Jews know about the Old Testament?

Perhaps you missed my comment above. Satan ins the ADVERSARY! But to whom? In Job he is the adversary to God, and the purpose of God. In Matthew, Satan is adversary to Messiah and the purpose of Messiah.

Free will. We dont need a made up boogie man Satan at all. Humans are way capable of evil without such help.

Besides, if the devil made us do it, how are we responsible for the outcome?

Old 10-07-2013, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Please understand that the bible has a ton of allegoric passages. Satan is merely the symbol of evil. NO one denies EVIL.

Please do not elevate Satan to a status similar to God. That is not very logical.

Furthermore, there is no such thing as Satan made me do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity