U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 03:54 PM

5,439 posts, read 5,436,620 times

Advertisements

The scribes and Pharisees presented themselves as holy and pious on the outside, but were not clean on the inside; they were hypocrites. Did Jesus do away with holiness because He rebuked them? Not at all. Jesus said,

Matthew 5-20 - For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

God demands that we are to be holy and righteous; the inner man (or woman) must be purged by the blood of the Lamb.

1 Peter 1
[16] Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
[17] And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:
[18] Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
[19] But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 07:30 PM

75 posts, read 93,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
God demands that we are to be holy and righteous; ....
God demands...? If we see God as a 'demanding God' then we don't see Him as a 'father' who deals gently, and lovenly with His children. His love comes with discipline, and we are to respect and fear Him, but not with the kind of fear that makes children afraid, rather the kind of fear that bonds us to Him.
Hebrews 12:6-7
6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth,
and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with
you as with sons; for what son is he whom
the father chasteneth not? KJV
Rkin

Old 08-11-2010, 02:19 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,193,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkin-saw View Post
God demands...? If we see God as a 'demanding God' then we don't see Him as a 'father' who deals gently, and lovenly with His children. His love comes with discipline, and we are to respect and fear Him, but not with the kind of fear that makes children afraid, rather the kind of fear that bonds us to Him.
Hebrews 12:6-7
6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth,
and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with
you as with sons; for what son is he whom
the father chasteneth not? KJV
Rkin
Along those same lines - I see the carnal man as perceiving a "demand" from God to be pure, something that it can not comply with. Religious systems try to conform the 'old man' into something with a form of Godliness, and so the "demand" takes the form of rituals of purity and generally leads to legalism (look at the 'holiness' movements throughout history).

The new man in Christ is actually the will/desire of the Father (perfect love) being manifest through the sons. The son in turn is empowered to have dominion over his own earthen vessel (base ego self AKA: the carnal mind) so that it effectively dies.

So then, my goals and the Father's become one and the same IF I am able to embrace the reality of the new nature which is born in me from above AS the new me.

Old 08-11-2010, 02:32 AM

5,965 posts, read 6,432,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Along those same lines - I see the carnal man as perceiving a "demand" from God to be pure, something that it can not comply with. Religious systems try to conform the 'old man' into something with a form of Godliness, and so the "demand" takes the form of rituals of purity and generally leads to legalism (look at the 'holiness' movements throughout history).

The new man in Christ is actually the will/desire of the Father (perfect love) being manifest through the sons. The son in turn is empowered to have dominion over his own earthen vessel (base ego self AKA: the carnal mind) so that it effectively dies.

So then, my goals and the Father's become one and the same IF I am able to embrace the reality of the new nature which is born in me from above AS the new me.
Yep. This process takes time. But first you have to enter through the narrow gate...

"Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. - Luke 13:24

.... and if you can't even enter the gate, well, you can't easily walk the road in this lifetime. And there are so many trying to enter that there is a bottleneck at the gate and a lot of talk going on to distract a sheep. But Christ will go after all the sheep, whether or not they are able to get in through the gate. But a lot of hardship awaits a lost sheep who is wandering around outside unprotected by the Shepherd.

Old 08-11-2010, 02:38 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,868,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post

Yes; and man is "demanding" that God be pure, too.

Blessings,
brian

Old 08-11-2010, 12:14 PM

Ephesians 4:24 - And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:58 PM

75 posts, read 93,996 times
Quote:
The scribes and Pharisees presented themselves as holy and pious on the outside, but were not clean on the inside; they were hypocrites. Did Jesus do away with holiness because He rebuked them? Not at all. Jesus said,

Matthew 5-20 - For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

God demands that we are to be holy and righteous; the inner man (or woman) must be purged by the blood of the Lamb.
Jesus met and fulfilled ALL the 'demands' that God requires of the human race. When/as we live IN Christ, those 'demands' are met. So, what does it mean to be 'IN Christ'...
Micah 6:8
8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good;
and what doth the LORD require of thee,
.....but to do justly,
.....and to love mercy,
.....and to walk humbly with thy God? KJV
Peace....Rkin

Old 08-12-2010, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkin-saw View Post
Jesus met and fulfilled ALL the 'demands' that God requires of the human race. When/as we live IN Christ, those 'demands' are met. So, what does it mean to be 'IN Christ'...
Micah 6:8
8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good;
and what doth the LORD require of thee,
.....but to do justly,
.....and to love mercy,
.....and to walk humbly with thy God? KJV
Peace....Rkin
Unless you are walking in Jesus' holiness, then you are not IN Christ; He's not the Lord of the disobedient; they're father is the devil. It is written.

Luke 6
[46] And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
[47] Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like:
[48] He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.
[49] But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:06 AM

7,855 posts, read 8,370,536 times
Thank God Jesus died for us and now God sees those who believe as holy and righteous.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:15 AM

122 posts, read 178,215 times
Quote:

1 Peter 1
[16] Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
[17] And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:
[18] Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
[19] But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
Amen....

Quote:
Ephesians 4:24 - And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
Amen....

Quote:
Unless you are walking in Jesus' holiness, then you are not IN Christ; He's not the Lord of the disobedient; they're father is the devil. It is written.

Luke 6
[46] And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
[47] Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like:
[48] He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.
[49] But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.
Amen.... Yes, God is seeking those who will worship in spirit and truth (His holiness) !!!

God bless you, scgraham, keep sharing the word, it stands on its own and never comes back void, accomplishing that it was sent forth to do !

It corrects those in error giving them a choice to receive the truth !
It rebukes the lies !
Encourages those who are His who are at all levels spiritually !
And strengthens the faith of the weak and strong.

He brings the word giving confirmation to one who is walking in His Spirit that they are on the path of His righteousness and holiness !

His word protects those by telling them not to lean on their own understanding, but to acknowledge Him in all that they do and He will definitely direct their paths.

oh, it does so much too and for the heart of those who will believe Him, producing the fruit of holiness, Him, in their lives when we acknowledge and listen to what the Spirit is saying....... Amen ???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity