Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2010, 03:01 PM

128 posts, read 99,010 times

Advertisements

I have been out of the dating scene for years and wanted to
get advice on meeting people who share your faith.

The church I attend is very small and doesn't have a singles group
and I am not sure how I feel about eharmony or match.com sites.

Anyone in the same boat? Suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2010, 03:55 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,619,312 times
When you find out how to do it let me know.

Old 08-13-2010, 04:12 PM

Here's a paddle ~

Old 08-13-2010, 05:01 PM

139 posts, read 223,725 times
i guess we must just seek god first and he will add all things.
just do his works and will lead you to the right person in the right time.

bless.

Old 08-13-2010, 05:05 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times
There are many Christian dating sites in the internet. Our friend found someone from one of those sites and now they are married. Other than that I don't know much about the sites.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:27 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,882,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
There are many Christian dating sites in the internet. Our friend found someone from one of those sites and now they are married. Other than that I don't know much about the sites.

I agree. There are several Christian singles sites on the internet, tailored just for Christians. Join one of those and then start looking.

I met my wife on one of those Christian sites...I can vouch that they definitely do work!

Bud

Old 08-14-2010, 07:00 AM

I guess I am pretty conventional and haven't really been open
to meeting someone online. Things are sooo different from when I was
available. Obviously it's worked for some here and that's encouraging! Thank you for sharing.

To get something you've never had before ~ you must be willing to do something you've never done before......at least that's what Dr. A says.
Maybe he's right!

Old 08-14-2010, 07:08 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,619,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess&Pea View Post
I guess I am pretty conventional and haven't really been open
to meeting someone online. Things are sooo different from when I was
available. Obviously it's worked for some here and that's encouraging! Thank you for sharing.

To get something you've never had before ~ you must be willing to do something you've never done before......at least that's what Dr. A says.
Maybe he's right!
I haven't been open to the dating sites either....just can't get up the courage to do it. I know someone who is a Christian that is using the dating sites and she's not having a whole lot of luck yet.....Christian or not it's still difficult to find just the right one. I think you'll have to go through a lot of frogs, Princess, to get to your Prince. God will lead you to the right one and you must keep us updated if you decide to use the dating sites. Right now I have to live vicariously through other people.

Old 08-14-2010, 07:57 AM

I've done the 'frog part', Ilene

Well I've pretty much deleted Match.com from my dating considerations after reading from the 'relationship' thread on here!!! What an education!
No, thank you!

I may still consider eharmony........................maybe.....maybe not.
Yes, I am sure.......I think.....we'll see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity