U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 07:56 AM

3,153 posts, read 2,977,920 times

Advertisements

What I am most thankful to God for as a 71 year old pilgrim!

AUTHORS WHOSE BELIEFS HELPED ME RECOVER FROM A HORRIFIC TWELVE YEAR NERVOUS BREAKDOWN (1966-78), WHOSE WRITINGS ARE ON THE INTERNET

All of them believers that a literally translated Bible teaches the eventual salvation of all fallen creatures.

The first three frequently quoted each other in their writings
Ray Prinzing (my hero and mentor)
J. Preston Eby
George Hawtin (Canadian)

Gary Amirault
Charles Slagle
Gary Siglar
John Gavazzoni
Jan Antonsson
A.P. Adams
Jonathon Mitchell
Ken Allen
Ken Visscher
Scott Paris
Gerry Beauchemin
A.E. Knoch
Hosea Ballou
Joseph Kirk
James Coram
Dean Hough
Tony Nungesser
Martin Zender
Bob Evely
Don Bast
Richard Condon
Raymond VanDyke
Grace Todd
John Essex
Andrew Maclarty
Donald Hayter
William Mealand (possibly the most eloquent of all the UR writers)
Rate this post positively

Old 08-19-2010, 08:02 AM

6,221 posts, read 7,049,963 times
Hi Rodger,

Long time no hear! Thanks for the post. I have read some of the authors on your list, but I see there are others I should check out...

Old 08-19-2010, 08:19 AM

5,965 posts, read 6,131,490 times
Amen. Thank you, God for sending your messengers of mercy!

Old 08-19-2010, 08:36 AM

8,831 posts, read 10,469,745 times
Thank you Rodger.......The list of authors is great and I will be checking out all of them!

Old 08-19-2010, 08:48 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,608,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
What I am most thankful to God for as a 71 year old pilgrim!

AUTHORS WHOSE BELIEFS HELPED ME RECOVER FROM A HORRIFIC TWELVE YEAR NERVOUS BREAKDOWN (1966-78), WHOSE WRITINGS ARE ON THE INTERNET

All of them believers that a literally translated Bible teaches the eventual salvation of all fallen creatures.

The first three frequently quoted each other in their writings
Ray Prinzing (my hero and mentor)
J. Preston Eby
George Hawtin (Canadian)

Gary Amirault
Charles Slagle
Gary Siglar
John Gavazzoni
Jan Antonsson
A.P. Adams
Jonathon Mitchell
Ken Allen
Ken Visscher
Scott Paris
Gerry Beauchemin
A.E. Knoch
Hosea Ballou
Joseph Kirk
James Coram
Dean Hough
Tony Nungesser
Martin Zender
Bob Evely
Don Bast
Richard Condon
Raymond VanDyke
Grace Todd
John Essex
Andrew Maclarty
Donald Hayter
William Mealand (possibly the most eloquent of all the UR writers)
Yes, many have been a great blessing to me, too! Sometimes we need encouragement from others to preach what we know and feel in our hearts!
"Standing on the shoulders of giants.."

Blessings,
brian

Old 08-19-2010, 09:06 AM

6,221 posts, read 7,049,963 times
Some of the highlights for me:

Gerry Beauchemin - Hope Beyond Hell - highly recommended must read if you are honest enough to ask the tough questions
J. Preston Eby - The Savior of the World series - highly recommended as well

Also:

Martin Zender - Clay, Not Robots - funny and poignant
Charles Slagle - The Bottom Line - this is a MUST read - if God does not save everyone, the bottom line is He cannot or He will not!

Old 08-22-2010, 04:55 PM

Thumbs up Glad to be back legoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Hi Rodger,

Long time no hear! Thanks for the post. I have read some of the authors on your list, but I see there are others I should check out...
GLAD TO BE BACK LEGOMAN
You are very welcome for the post of authors!

Old 08-22-2010, 09:39 PM

4,346 posts, read 5,974,404 times
Hi Rodger!
- Byron

Old 08-24-2010, 06:59 AM

Exclamation Another thing i am grateful to god for

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Amen. Thank you, God for sending your messengers of mercy!
Messengers of mercy indeed Heartsong!

Another thing I am grateful to God for is to learn that most Christians closest to the time of Jesus believed in universal salvation.

In his book
Universalism The Prevailing Doctrine Of The Christian Church During Its First Five Hundred Years
the author, J.W. Hanson wrote “The purpose of this book is to present the evidence of the prevalence in the early centuries of the Christian church, of the doctrine of the final holiness of all mankind."

The introduction reads, "The author believes that the following pages show that Universal Restitution was the faith of the early Christians for at least the first Five Hundred Years of the Christian era. He has aimed to present irrefragable proofs that the doctrine of Universal Salvation was the prevalent sentiment of the primitive Christian church."

Hanson wrote, "The salient statements and facts in all which will be found in these pages show that most of the early church fathers found
the deliverance of all mankind from sin and sorrow specifically revealed in the Christian Scriptures.”

And they were reading the Bible in its original language!

Last edited by june 7th; 08-24-2010 at 08:00 AM.. Reason: "Red" is only supposed to be used by moderators, as it makes it difficult to do "mod cuts" in posts where members use 'red.'

Old 08-27-2010, 05:30 AM

Default Even more good stuff that i am thankful to god for

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Thank you Rodger.......The list of authors is great and I will be checking out all of them!
EVEN MORE GOOD STUFF THAT I AM THANKFUL TO GOD FOR

According to an email that I receved from Richard Condon, both THE MAIN LIBRARY, and the IN THE GARDEN section on his
GOD'S TRUTH FOR TODAY
website is 99% by several dozens of writers who believe the Bible teaches universal salvation.

I'm particularly fond of William Mealand's writings.
He has such an eloquent writing style!

Most of William Mealand's writings are in the particular section of Richard Condon's GOD'S TRUTH FOR TODAY website called
IN THE GARDEN

ENJOY

Last edited by rodgertutt; 08-27-2010 at 05:31 AM.. Reason: spacing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity