Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 11:28 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,044,314 times

Advertisements

I want to apologize to those people who received rude comments from me via the Rep button over the past week. I knew it was wrong and should not have indulged my desire to "get back" at the people that I strongly disagree with. It is truly difficult to walk through this world without offending or being offended because there is so much "un-love" all around.
I have very much wished lately that I could just leave this world quickly and unexpectedly because it mostly makes me sad to see all the suffering that afflicts everyone without end. That is my selfish prayer - that God would just let me go to sleep and never wake up in this fallen world again. But I know it would make my children sad if God answered my prayer. So there is no right side to choose... but one day soon, we'll all be out of here.

This sums up the way I feel about my life in this world:

YouTube - Peter Gabriel - Here Comes The Flood (Live)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 12:10 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,787,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
I want to apologize to those people who received rude comments from me via the Rep button over the past week. I knew it was wrong and should not have indulged my desire to "get back" at the people that I strongly disagree with. It is truly difficult to walk through this world without offending or being offended because there is so much "un-love" all around.
I have very much wished lately that I could just leave this world quickly and unexpectedly because it mostly makes me sad to see all the suffering that afflicts everyone without end. That is my selfish prayer - that God would just let me go to sleep and never wake up in this fallen world again. But I know it would make my children sad if God answered my prayer. So there is no right side to choose... but one day soon, we'll all be out of here.

I know life in this world can be tough, but i encourage you to remember that every moment is an opportunity to learn and grow. What does not kill us makes us stronger.

Also, remember to meditate on those things that are holy and of good report. When the darkness begins to creep in, think on the light and love of Christ, and the beauty he has so graciously given us in the world.

Don't be discouraged Heartsong ... Everything happens for a good reason ... Everything.

God bless ...

Old 08-18-2010, 12:34 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,580,622 times
Heartsong, remember that at the end of every storm we pass through in this life just when the light begins to pale the darlness is when we realize that we are never alone.
Reaching out for Him in our darkest moments brings hope..

So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Isaiah 41:10

Old 08-18-2010, 12:55 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,657,168 times
Be of good cheer dear Heartsong.....it is very brave of you to confess and to apologize and that speaks volumes about your character. I know what you mean about leaving this world....sometimes I just want to go be with our Father so badly that I ache all over. It's good to long for that, and it's good that you're sensitive to the world around you but it can be very frustrating when we can't change it. But selfishly I want you here and so does everyone else. Can you indulge our selfishness just a little while longer?

Old 08-18-2010, 01:23 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,225,944 times
Heartsong, I understand completely where you're coming from (note that His ministry is based upon His understanding of us also), also great replies from Iron, MB and Ilene.

I've been at times just fed up with what Christianity has done with the gospel, our view of the Holy One, and those that He's compelled us to love. If you changed the words "rock and roll" to Jesus Christ, the song You Can't Kill (Jesus Christ) by Ozzy Osbourn would often sum up how I feel.

Old 08-18-2010, 01:45 PM

530 posts, read 911,853 times
Oh, my heart goes out to you with much understanding.

Old 08-18-2010, 02:04 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,211,982 times
Hey, Heartsong

Whatever you wrote was probably what most of us have thought at one time or another.

Anyway, I hear you. Please don't lose hope. I have and still do, but I just take a break, fill up with some Good News, and when I'm feeling better I jump back in. The world needs hope and it needs the little bits of light that we provide.

I try and remember what it was like for Jesus when he kept trying to tell people about his father. They listened to him trying to make him meet up with their standards of the law, his friends ended up abandoning in him, his disciples fell asleep, and the religious crucified him.

Father, forgive them.

Old 08-18-2010, 02:09 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,601,180 times
Quote:
So it was you!

I thought it odd that someone would have rep'd me and posted an insult. I thank you for the points. Next time use the DM function,. That way you won't add to the person's reputation.

With that said, not to worry-apology accepted and thanks for the points!

And here is quick rep back at ya!

Old 08-18-2010, 07:18 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,683,090 times
Quote:

Thank you for your apology Heartsong...I forgive you.

In Christ,
Verna.

Old 08-18-2010, 07:44 PM

8,186 posts, read 6,974,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Be of good cheer dear Heartsong.....it is very brave of you to confess and to apologize and that speaks volumes about your character. I know what you mean about leaving this world....sometimes I just want to go be with our Father so badly that I ache all over. It's good to long for that, and it's good that you're sensitive to the world around you but it can be very frustrating when we can't change it. But selfishly I want you here and so does everyone else. Can you indulge our selfishness just a little while longer?

Ilene took the words right out of my mouth.
Heartsong, you are so very dear to me.
You have done much to help me in the past and sometimes I never even let you know. You are one of my stars that I look up at, at night... scattered in the night sky.. I know I'm not alone. One of those stars that I look at represents you. I'll never forget that thought you put in my head.
Peace, friend... we all understand what you're feeling.
Ironmaw said it well.
love you much...
sparrow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity