Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 05:48 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,640,410 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. I'm writing to you today because I'm fearing for my life right now. I'm crying as I'm writing this because I don't know what to do. I might be homeless as of tomorrow. My mother who is diagnosed bipolar has managed to turn our lives around with so much moving and money problems. We were suppose to move again this week but because of her credit we didn't get the apartment. I'm sitting here in this extended stay hotel with my cell phone typing my heart away because I'm crushed. We have no more money as of now. Were phoning all the family we can to get the money to purchase plane tickets to san antonio so we can live with my sister who lives in a one bedroom and goes to college. Its a sad situation but this is the way it is. My mom has never had control over her money and the way she manages it. Because of her sickness she will blame others for her problems and then enter depression. I'm scared because I don't know what to do. We've never been almost homeless before! And the thing about it is that I predicted all this before it happened. I knew we would be in a situation like this. She hasn't had medicine since last year. And she doesn't think she needs any. Well now because of this whole situation she's on the verge of depression while I'm alone in this city with my little brother with one more day in the hotel room! I'm asking you guys (my city data friends) to please pray for me and my family that something comes through. I have not lost my faith at all. I'm going to keep praying and believing that the Lord has blessings for us in store. I am 100% sure of it. I refuse to believe otherwise. All I'm asking is if you could help me in prayer and ask God to help our situation. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2010, 06:10 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,027,518 times
Allen,

My heart goes out to you and I'm glad that you are holding onto your faith despite your circumstances. It can be hard to endure the things in this world. Any of us could lose
everything we have in the blink of an eye and so none of us should take any of our comforts
for granted. I pray that God makes a new way for you and your family. You should try to find believers where you are going who may be able to help you.

Also, you need to remind yourself of this promise:
Nothing Shall Separate Us From the Love of God

***Disclaimer - the author of the above web page believes in eternal hell (which is a paradox, considering the promise given there in Romans) and I just want to reiterate that while I think the prayer on that page is beautiful, I reject the doctrine of eternal torment.

Old 08-24-2010, 06:26 PM

122 posts, read 191,611 times
Yes, Allen, we will keep you in our prayers, agreeing with you that God does have the answer and will most definitely work this situation out for all of you !!
Our God is faithful, right ??
The word that came to my heart when I was reading your prayer request is..... Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9, amen !!

I know exactly what you are enduring.... and will keep you and family lifted before our Lord and do know He will hear our prayer's for you !!!

God Bless you !!

Old 08-24-2010, 06:42 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,228,348 times
Praying hard for you Allen. God is in control and He will provide. Trust Him with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. I'm so sorry for all your going through. I know He'll provide.

Old 08-24-2010, 07:58 PM

292 posts, read 544,611 times
I will pray for you tonight allen. God Bless you and your family and friends. Remember, when all hope and love seems to be gone, God is always there with you, so you have someone to turn to and talk to.

Old 08-24-2010, 08:14 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,594,419 times
My heart goes out to there brother. Many of us have gone through some pretty bad times and I for one know that you must be in a pretty bad way right now. Although it's very important to work out some kind of a solution I would advise you to just take it one minute at a time right now. We can endure some pretty bad things when we realize that we can get through it and that concentration on a minute at a time shows us we can. Are you a member of any church? If you are, the church should be able to help you out. If not, there should be a body of believers somewhere close that will. My prayer for you will be that someone from the family of God will step up and do what it takes to help both you and your family. May God bless you and be a refuge for you in this time of trial.

Old 08-24-2010, 08:19 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,625,171 times
Yikes! That's rough man. Be strong and I'll pray some doors open. San Antonio is a great town (I was born and raised there). How far are you from SA?

Old 08-24-2010, 09:16 PM

621 posts, read 1,211,673 times
Hey there, Allen, buddy....hang in there, guy. You sound like a great kid of strong faith. It will take you far.

I feel for you. I think we all do. At times like this I wish I had the resources and accomodations because I'd do all I could to help you out and make sure you and your Mom and little brother were okay. Maybe someone else with a loving heart will be encouraged to make their way to you and do that very thing. Go to a church, my friend....if you can find one, make it a larger one that is known for its outreach ministries and ask them if they can help you guys in some way...even if it's just to borrow the money to get you to San Antonio. If you don't mind me asking, where are you right now? Maybe some of us online could look up some places for you and give you some direction about where to go.

Take care. We got you in our prayers and hearts.

Old 08-24-2010, 09:28 PM

7,999 posts, read 12,290,216 times
For what it's worth, June is a therapist who works in "community mental health" and works with many people who have told her the exact, same thing that you are posting here.

If you feel it would help, please feel free to DM me. I would be more than happy to help you in any way I can.

Take gentle care....

Old 08-24-2010, 09:37 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,640,410 times
Thanks everyone for your words and prayers. I appreciate them dearly. I cried reading almost every one. You guys really are blessed people. I don't care what your faith is. You are truly blessed in my eyes no matter what. I'm going to keep praying and my family's praying things will be all right in the morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity