Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 01:10 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,690,730 times

Advertisements

unless Jesus is here in the flesh to revive someone,I don't see it as a miracle.I think resurrections ended on earth when Jesus ascended into heaven.
btw this is not the only case;the show unsolved mysteries also had a segment on a baby who seemingly came back to life.
There are no known instances of someone coming back to life after true,clinical death,on the cellular level.(other than in the bible).
I suspect newborn babies are just,in some way,more viable than previously thought, and more sustainable in certain instances,esp. after birth.I also suspect they may have undetectable levels of breathing,brainwaves and heartrates that are sustainable to them,yet remain undetected by medical staff.

eta: I forgot to add that newborns do have extra blood cells,which is why some have to be put under a bilirubin light,when they turn too yellow and need to burn those extra red blood cells off.
so,IMO,it seems God accounted in some way that sometimes things can go wrong (o2-wise) after birth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2010, 01:46 PM

2,341 posts, read 3,497,818 times
As far as someone dying and coming back to life this has happened many many time before.

Year ago there would be someone staying up all night beside a casket watching a dead person to see if they showed any signs of life before they buried them.

They would sit up with the dead.

Now they quickly embalm them, and no one knows if
they might have come back to life if left alone.

God can do what ever he wants when he want to.

It is not a hard thing or impossible thing for God to bring someone back to life ... when He had no trouble creating us to start with.

Many people in The New Testament were raised from the dead.

One day everyone will be raised from the dead.

Jn:5:28: Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29: And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

If you do not believe The lord performs miracles today
then why pray for anyone sick.

Old 09-04-2010, 08:58 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,690,730 times
sickness is different from death.If there had ever been any known cases of someone being raised from the dead...and I do mean RAISED...after cellular death,and not just resuscitation,I would change my mind.
what I mean is,death on the level of the cells.this is permanent,and is much different from someone who stops breathing and is revived after CPR.
as far as I know,that has never truly happened on earth,after Jesus ascended to heaven.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:14 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,571,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4:17 View Post
When my Mother was in labor with me after 10 months of gestation, she died. Apparently the doctors assumed she was dead and were about to perform a c-section to deliver me. Miraculously, she came back to life, and I was born. Curiously, I am gifted with, well I don't know what else to call them but visionary dreams. It was during my 17th year that I approached my Mother about this saying, "Mom, I'm not sure if it is a memory or a dream, or a memory of a dream, but in it I can feel you next to me, and yet I'm looking down at you as you're laying down on some sort of bed surrounded by doctors, and nurses who all seem to be in a panic." I remember vividly the astounded look in my Mother's face when I told her this. "You remember that?," as she clutched my arm. Before I could answer my beautiful Mother told me everything that had happened the morning (4:17 AM) that I was born. Now I was astounded because I have had this memory from my Mother's womb. When I told this to her, she smiled, and said simply, "Give God the Glory son." I am a living witness to the power of God who knew me before I was in my Mother's womb. Praise the Lord for miracles.
Stories like this quickens the spirit in me...

Old 09-04-2010, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Thank you so much for posting this. It certainly looks like a miracle to me. Life itself is miraculous. And I just found out last night that our daughter is pregnant with our first grandchild -- I'm so excited about it!
Me too (thank you Bud)...
Heartsong I'm so happy for you...Welcome to the granny club! Those beatific giggles/smiles make you want to act like a clown just to be rewarded with it... I had this line from my OP in "more humor" thread by Hotinaz.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfNelson View Post
Seriously!? Did I miss something about the OP? Was it originaly posted in the main R&P forum? I did not read anything in the OP that suggested it was atheist bait, meant to prove God is real. The OP was clearly just sharing a moving story with fellow Christians, whom the vast majority of will see the hand of God in this. So, what brought you here Rifleman? Why the snide attempt to belittle a beautiful story? Life itself is a Miricle of God. With all our scientific understanding there is still no way a scientist can explain how nonliving matter became living matter. Can you name a single experiment in which scientists have taken non-living matter and had it turn into living matter? Yet here you are, a living breathing organism, that according to atheistic scientists, came from inorganic nonliving particles. Sounds like a miracle to me.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:44 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,019,250 times
Found this story in the City-Data Archives....
//www.city-data.com/forum/paren...ng-morgue.html

Old 09-04-2010, 10:41 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,224,953 times
There are several medical conditions that MIMIC death.

Catalepsy
Acute Idiopathic Polyneuritis
Fisher Syndrome

These are only 3 of them. Doctors make mistakes. Plain and simple. It would be nice if all of these so called miracles did happen but in the real world, they don't.

Old 09-04-2010, 10:47 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
sickness is different from death.If there had ever been any known cases of someone being raised from the dead...and I do mean RAISED...after cellular death,and not just resuscitation,I would change my mind.
what I mean is,death on the level of the cells.this is permanent,and is much different from someone who stops breathing and is revived after CPR.
as far as I know,that has never truly happened on earth,after Jesus ascended to heaven.
even if you heard you would not believe--just call me someone that's been there__btw i was NOT recusitated

Old 09-04-2010, 10:48 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
There are several medical conditions that MIMIC death.

Catalepsy
Acute Idiopathic Polyneuritis
Fisher Syndrome

These are only 3 of them. Doctors make mistakes. Plain and simple. It would be nice if all of these so called miracles did happen but in the real world, they don't.
sigh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity