Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 11:51 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,383,215 times

Advertisements

The saddest thing about these preachers who advocate discrimination against gays while they hid behind their own sexual confusion is the amount of damage they actually cause innocent gay people. It is the utmost in hypocrisy and denial to persecute those you secretly exploit. Whether it be Catholic priests molesting altar boys or evangelical preachers having sexual affairs with men the damage to the Church and those hurt by these evil men is a grievous sin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2010, 10:59 AM

305 posts, read 1,004,507 times
Since this is suppose to be a Christian forum I guess I will proceed

Dear Heavenly Father, we come to YOU as humble as we know how giving you praise honor and glory Lord, not just for the things you have given us, life, family forgivness and love but for also saving us. When WE all of us was yet in sin YOU Lord you cover us, you could have judge us all but you didnt instead you sent your SON to die on the cross for us, and LORD we still dont get it, instead of taking your word we prey against each other, instead of lifting one another up LORD we tear each other down. God YOU are all seeing all knowing you know the faults of each of us, and yet YOU gave us breath to either display the same love you gave to us to others, but GOD now WE need your heart to bring that foward LORD WE NEED YOUR WILL TO BE DONE.

LORD give us the discrement not to use your grace in judgement but Allow us the HEART to use as you intended for it to be use to bring others TO YOU, give us the mind to examine ourselves and to WORK ON THE PLANK in our own eyes before we are so quick to work on what Bishop might BE Doing.

For Lord it is so easy to lash out on the hurt and to argue at others but GOD you placed your TRUE children in a place of LOVE and FORGIVENESS and GOD SOMETIMES people hurt us just as they HURT YOU I guess - give us the strenghth you had to make it through, past all the nay sayers, let us continue to do YOUR WORK JESUS to remember it ALL ABOUT YOU LORD, For LORD in your Word you proclaim we are IN THE WORLD, but we and NOT OF THIS WORLD, and LORD its hard be be laugh at for doing WHAT YOU WOULD HAVE US TO DO, but still all we do WE DO IN YOUR NAME LORD, Your Word tells me to pray for my enemies so here I am LORD I ask that you bless each and every person on this forum that speak not against Bishop Long, but against the GOOD you have placed in HIM, GOD, take away the judgement that they each have LORD, and give them the HEART you intended for them to HAVE LORD. GIVE THEM open EYES to Glorify YOU in all situations including this one, I hope NO God I pray that it is the will of YOUR People not Bishop people to have your WILL be done in all that we do we trust in YOU, Yes we sit and we learn under the leadership you place us under but WE walk in the FAITH OF YOU LORD and LORD WE know THAT ALL THINGS WORK FOR OUR GOOD BECAUSE WE LOVE YOU!!!! thank you Jesus, IN YOUR NAME WE ALL PRAY AND I am confident that is my church family (NEWBIRTH) pray as well and we stand on your Word.

AMEN, AMEN AND AMEN -it is DONE

Old 09-23-2010, 05:22 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,334,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMISSNY View Post
Since this is suppose to be a Christian forum I guess I will proceed

Dear Heavenly Father, we come to YOU as humble as we know how giving you praise honor and glory Lord, not just for the things you have given us, life, family forgivness and love but for also saving us. When WE all of us was yet in sin YOU Lord you cover us, you could have judge us all but you didnt instead you sent your SON to die on the cross for us, and LORD we still dont get it, instead of taking your word we prey against each other, instead of lifting one another up LORD we tear each other down. God YOU are all seeing all knowing you know the faults of each of us, and yet YOU gave us breath to either display the same love you gave to us to others, but GOD now WE need your heart to bring that foward LORD WE NEED YOUR WILL TO BE DONE.

LORD give us the discrement not to use your grace in judgement but Allow us the HEART to use as you intended for it to be use to bring others TO YOU, give us the mind to examine ourselves and to WORK ON THE PLANK in our own eyes before we are so quick to work on what Bishop might BE Doing.

For Lord it is so easy to lash out on the hurt and to argue at others but GOD you placed your TRUE children in a place of LOVE and FORGIVENESS and GOD SOMETIMES people hurt us just as they HURT YOU I guess - give us the strenghth you had to make it through, past all the nay sayers, let us continue to do YOUR WORK JESUS to remember it ALL ABOUT YOU LORD, For LORD in your Word you proclaim we are IN THE WORLD, but we and NOT OF THIS WORLD, and LORD its hard be be laugh at for doing WHAT YOU WOULD HAVE US TO DO, but still all we do WE DO IN YOUR NAME LORD, Your Word tells me to pray for my enemies so here I am LORD I ask that you bless each and every person on this forum that speak not against Bishop Long, but against the GOOD you have placed in HIM, GOD, take away the judgement that they each have LORD, and give them the HEART you intended for them to HAVE LORD. GIVE THEM open EYES to Glorify YOU in all situations including this one, I hope NO God I pray that it is the will of YOUR People not Bishop people to have your WILL be done in all that we do we trust in YOU, Yes we sit and we learn under the leadership you place us under but WE walk in the FAITH OF YOU LORD and LORD WE know THAT ALL THINGS WORK FOR OUR GOOD BECAUSE WE LOVE YOU!!!! thank you Jesus, IN YOUR NAME WE ALL PRAY AND I am confident that is my church family (NEWBIRTH) pray as well and we stand on your Word.

AMEN, AMEN AND AMEN -it is DONE

I saw a bumper sticker today that sums it up for me;

"more wag, less bark"

Old 09-23-2010, 05:56 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,616,026 times
Let's wait and see what the facts are.

If you've ever been the victim of false accusations you know what I'm talking about.

In this country - anyone is allowed to be rich - it's not a crime unless they steal it and it's not immoral unless it's gained by hypocrisy.

So after the facts are proven/disproven we can talk about all that.

Old 09-23-2010, 07:35 PM

42 posts, read 55,758 times
Cool God Loves All Races

I have heard of Eddie Long. But I don’t think I have ever seen him. I have seen a lot of televangelists. The thing I like for Ministers who are trying to bring people to Christ specifically these are not trying to capture a certain race of anyone. The Epicenter is Jesus Christ and what the Lord can do in our lives Biblical understanding.

I watched them based by what they teach. But I can tell you that I rejected all preachers no matter what race they are this includes Joel Osteen. Joel is good for a beginner learning. But He will not teach any Christian meat eating substance. Robert Schuller teaches more philosophy than Biblical. Now also I have seen Crefo Dollar and he’s too much into prosperity. But T.D. Jakes is ok but is questionable about some of his beliefs.
Notice I have given both race of preachers a chance. Most preachers I have seen whatever race I’m very leery about. After all God is not after one race he’s trying to save all races.

Sometimes some Churches will try to focus on a certain group of people. Some churches appeal more to the Spanish, some to Whites and others to Black and Asians another. Sometimes Churches are racially divided not realizing this.

If I was a preacher I would be myself. Whoever wants to listen is willing to listen. As far as I know the most 2 common languages of America is English and Spanish. I would speak English. It’s all I know. It’s what we all have been taught in school though in some places it would be good to know Spanish fluently. I would leave it to those who can fluently speak Spanish.

As far as Eddy Long if he is guilty his career will go down the toilet just as Jim Bakker the white preacher that had sex with prostitutes. There have been plenty of white priests molesting boys. It’s not a skin factor it’s a sin factor. You want sex? Get a wife. That’s what God ask us to do.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:41 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,001,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Let's wait and see what the facts are.

If you've ever been the victim of false accusations you know what I'm talking about.

In this country - anyone is allowed to be rich - it's not a crime unless they steal it and it's not immoral unless it's gained by hypocrisy.

So after the facts are proven/disproven we can talk about all that.
That is certainly the high road and the right road (as per this country's laws) for real, FB. I REALLY want to take that route, but we have seen this song and dance far too often and it seems that more often that not, the accusations materialize to be true. If you followed this guys or watched him on TV, you could not help but see the arrogance written all over his face and you could see the "fall" coming.

None of us are all good and none all bad, but while I did not watch him weekly, I saw enough of him to see an evolution from a "normal" looking dude to a pompous, seemingly narccisistic (sp) dude, flaunting his pecs and extravagance. True, not a crime to be rich, but certainly in bad taste to use what is supposed to be a Gospel of humility to increase one's inhumility.

Old 09-24-2010, 01:38 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,548,187 times
I'm not sure his guilt has been confirmed. There have been cases of false allegations, like with Cardinal Bernardin. (Not sure I spelled that right)

Still he's apparently one of those preachers with a leer jet, etc. I generally don't approve of that, unless maybe the jet is primarily used to help people (like rescue missions or taking sick kids on dream vacations even) in which case it really shouldn't be your jet. It should be the organization's or something.

On the sexuality issue his preaching does seem to include discussion about how men should look "manly", specifically saying a hardworking sweaty man is attractive, while also being against homosexuality. I actually think the majority of preachers who preach against homosexuality, even if they do it harshly, are not homosexual. However when you display an interest in "hardworking sweaty men", one of his programs is apparently about getting men to be "responsible manly men" and in fairness it has reportedly helped some young black men, while also condemning homosexuality it does hint that there might be an internal conflict.

Old 09-24-2010, 04:03 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,616,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
and it seems that more often that not, the accusations materialize to be true. If you followed this guys or watched him on TV, you could not help but see the arrogance written all over his face and you could see the "fall" coming.

None of us are all good and none all bad, but while I did not watch him weekly, I saw enough of him to see an evolution from a "normal" looking dude to a pompous, seemingly narccisistic (sp) dude, flaunting his pecs and extravagance. True, not a crime to be rich, but certainly in bad taste to use what is supposed to be a Gospel of humility to increase one's inhumility.
Yep. The signs are there. But we will wait and see.

You have a good (God?) heart IITMB.

Old 09-24-2010, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Yep. The signs are there. But we will wait and see.

You have a good (God?) heart IITMB.
Yeah, I've been told I live a better "Christian" life than many Christians.

Old 09-24-2010, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
I'm not sure his guilt has been confirmed. There have been cases of false allegations, like with Cardinal Bernardin. (Not sure I spelled that right)

Still he's apparently one of those preachers with a leer jet, etc. I generally don't approve of that, unless maybe the jet is primarily used to help people (like rescue missions or taking sick kids on dream vacations even) in which case it really shouldn't be your jet. It should be the organization's or something.

On the sexuality issue his preaching does seem to include discussion about how men should look "manly", specifically saying a hardworking sweaty man is attractive, while also being against homosexuality. I actually think the majority of preachers who preach against homosexuality, even if they do it harshly, are not homosexual. However when you display an interest in "hardworking sweaty men", one of his programs is apparently about getting men to be "responsible manly men" and in fairness it has reportedly helped some young black men, while also condemning homosexuality it does hint that there might be an internal conflict.
You make some good points here, sir.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity