Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 08:24 AM

2,341 posts, read 3,496,835 times

Advertisements

He must be guilty if someone accuses him. WRONG ! ! !

Well I see that many people on this thread have convicted this man before his CASE has come to trial.

That is the way of the world operates ( NOT CHRISTIANS ) to prosecute, convict, pass judgement, and condemn anyone who accused by the gossip of public opinion.

Most people here have not even read the news artical that plainly states he was only accused NOT convicted.

Hard to believe or understand how grown men could be persuaded to commit sin with a Preacher, and enjoy there self, or are they going to say he raped them ? ? ?

Kind of odd they waited so long to report this but then the money may have persuaded them to tell something.

If someone said you did the same thing would it be alright for everyone else to say your guilty even though you could be innocent, and without a trial ? ? ?

Where are the witnesses ? ? ?

Mat:18:14: Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.
15: Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.
16: But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
17: And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

First Cor:6:1: Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints?
2: Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
3: Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?
4: If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church.

First Tim:5:19: AGAINST AN ELDER receive not an accusation, but before two or three witnesses.
20: Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.
21: I charge thee before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, and the elect angels, that thou observe these things without preferring one before another, doing nothing by partiality.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2010, 08:34 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,556,553 times
I'm actually not assuming he's guilty. However I thought Father Maciel of the "Legion of Christ" was innocent for awhile, so I think the possibility he's guilty can't be dismissed either. I'm uncertain on the matter. I think I was more critical of his apparent jet-set lifestyle and obsession with muscles combined with anti-homosexual views. I actually hadn't heard of him until a few days ago. (I'm white and Catholic. Black preachers in Georgia is in some ways far from "my world.")

Old 09-24-2010, 10:59 AM

95 posts, read 162,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
I'm actually not assuming he's guilty. However I thought Father Maciel of the "Legion of Christ" was innocent for awhile, so I think the possibility he's guilty can't be dismissed either. I'm uncertain on the matter. I think I was more critical of his apparent jet-set lifestyle and obsession with muscles combined with anti-homosexual views. I actually hadn't heard of him until a few days ago. (I'm white and Catholic. Black preachers in Georgia is in some ways far from "my world.")
Agree entirely. It would be a horrible mistake if those accusing the bishop of misconduct were only doing it for money. I have never heard of Bishop Long before this incident but the media attention now make him a national figure. If there is any truth to the allegations than it looks very bad for this minister. Since I have read about his anti-gay comments, I must say that he may be in the closet and has done irreparable harm to his parish and the church in general. My own denomination is struggling with the issue of homosexuality and some are leaving the church because Lutherans have accepted gay clergy and gay marriage. To me it is much better to be open with one's sexuality than to hide it and preach against it; the hypocrisy is devastating.

Old 09-24-2010, 11:04 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,003,946 times
If Long is exonerated, he will be a VERY RARE exception considering these things are common place in religious and political circles. Power corrupts and absolute power...

If this was a Catholic Priest, the jury would have been out a long time ago. Problem is, this kind of stuff is hush hush in black churches and even when exposed, it is still hard for black folks to come to grips with the fact that their minister could be into stuff like this. Having mistresses is understood, but gay is unthinkable.

Old 09-24-2010, 11:17 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,507,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theother View Post
I'm not really surprised he was so "AGAINST" homosexuality at his church and even had a class that would help people get rid of their homosexuality like it's some kind of disease.

What's that line from Shakespeare I think."He that doth protest"?

Anyway, I have always been a bit concerned about the ones who protest, protest, protest homosexuality..No one should feel guilty and have to hide, coverup, blame or deny what he was born with..

Old 09-24-2010, 04:32 PM

1,943 posts, read 3,338,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
What's that line from Shakespeare I think."He that doth protest"?

Anyway, I have always been a bit concerned about the ones who protest, protest, protest homosexuality..No one should feel guilty and have to hide, coverup, blame or deny what he was born with..
Exactly.
I wonder how he feels now?

Old 09-24-2010, 05:39 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,003,946 times
Oops!

*Breaking* New Pictures Of "Bishop" Eddie Long Posing In Speedo's And Muscle Shirt Are Released By Accusers Lawyer's! [Video] Bossip.com

Old 09-24-2010, 08:34 PM

2,341 posts, read 3,496,835 times
Still people accusing him, and no real proof that he is guilty yet.

Old 09-24-2010, 09:17 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,062,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
If Long is exonerated, he will be a VERY RARE exception considering these things are common place in religious and political circles. Power corrupts and absolute power...

If this was a Catholic Priest, the jury would have been out a long time ago. Problem is, this kind of stuff is hush hush in black churches and even when exposed, it is still hard for black folks to come to grips with the fact that their minister could be into stuff like this. Having mistresses is understood, but gay is unthinkable.
That is true....

Old 09-24-2010, 11:19 PM

1,943 posts, read 3,338,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
Still people accusing him, and no real proof that he is guilty yet.
There is NO real proof he isn't either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity