Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 11:29 PM

42 posts, read 55,772 times

Advertisements

I did not accuse Eddie Long of this Allegation. In my post it says, if He is found guilty his career would go down the toilet.

Sometimes bad rumors can start and get out of hand. Who knows how much of this is true. I also think it is a good point if these guys they accused of with to be at least 18 they had a choice to walk away.

These are not the little ones Jesus is talking about as far as children. These are no innocent 18 year olds if this was done. This was agreed on both parties. If it is not true it’s a lie and a rumor that they want Eddie Long to get in great trouble. Everyone in this was old enough to make a choice.

Let us see if we are shown the follow up in this case if this is true and the man is 18 or older he won’t be accused of a crime. But the Church would take action on him. If it’s not true if they can prove it these young men could get themselves in legal trouble for starting this. I’m not here to Judge. I’m just curious like all of you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2010, 12:06 AM

95 posts, read 162,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9.3BillionBionicBear View Post
I did not accuse Eddie Long of this Allegation. In my post it says, if He is found guilty his career would go down the toilet.

Sometimes bad rumors can start and get out of hand. Who knows how much of this is true. I also think it is a good point if these guys they accused of with to be at least 18 they had a choice to walk away.

These are not the little ones Jesus is talking about as far as children. These are no innocent 18 year olds if this was done. This was agreed on both parties. If it is not true it’s a lie and a rumor that they want Eddie Long to get in great trouble. Everyone in this was old enough to make a choice.

Let us see if we are shown the follow up in this case if this is true and the man is 18 or older he won’t be accused of a crime. But the Church would take action on him. If it’s not true if they can prove it these young men could get themselves in legal trouble for starting this. I’m not here to Judge. I’m just curious like all of you are.
Now there are 4 young men who are accusing Bishop Long of sexual assaults. Apparently the age of consent is 16 in Georgia so there may not be criminal charges against the minister. In most Baptist churches the individual congregation is independent of any ecclesiastical authority and only the congregation can take action against Long if this is the case.

The question is why was Bishop Long on overseas trips with teenage boys from his church? Why did he sleep in the same bed with some of these boys? Why did he send questionable photos of himself to these young fellows? The fact that Bishop Long has not directly answered these questions suggests possible involvement in something that looks very unseemly.

Bishop Long has been considered one of the most well-known vocally anti-homosexual pastors in the nation.

Old 09-26-2010, 08:38 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,004,753 times
That's it?!?!? An arrogant 3 minute NON-reponse to the allegations??? Who am I kidding anyway. I knew that was going to be it.

Old 09-26-2010, 10:55 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,618,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
That's it?!?!? An arrogant 3 minute NON-reponse to the allegations??? Who am I kidding anyway. I knew that was going to be it.
Yep. I saw it on CNN: "I've never portrayed myself as a perfect man". Sounds like an admission (of sorts) to at least - something? Very odd response.

Old 09-26-2010, 11:08 AM

2,106 posts, read 3,062,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Yep. I saw it on CNN: "I've never portrayed myself as a perfect man". Sounds like an admission (of sorts) to at least - something? Very odd response.
I agree it was an odd response. He should have unequivocally denied all allegations in specifics. Not use verbage that was amibiguous--I am under attack and I am going to fight and the man they are potraying is not me....that's all legal mumbo jumbo. Because he didn't deny anything and that's what i don't get....

Old 09-26-2010, 09:37 PM

1,943 posts, read 3,338,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
i agree it was an odd response. He should have unequivocally denied all allegations in specifics. Not use verbage that was amibiguous--i am under attack and i am going to fight and the man they are potraying is not me....that's all legal mumbo jumbo. Because he didn't deny anything and that's what i don't get....

He's guilty guilty guilty!

Old 09-26-2010, 09:57 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,062,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theother View Post
He's guilty guilty guilty!
How do you know he is guilty guilty guilty as you so mildly put it??? Please enlighten the masses

Old 09-26-2010, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
How do you know he is guilty guilty guilty as you so mildly put it??? Please enlighten the masses
Because the fact that he didn't try to deny it, masses enlightened?

Old 09-26-2010, 10:48 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,618,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theother View Post
Because the fact that he didn't try to deny it, masses enlightened?
The sermon and "press conference" were massively enlightening.

Old 09-27-2010, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
The sermon and "press conference" were massively enlightening.
To whom? His congregation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity