Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 03:29 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,047,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
Two that were crucified. Two others hanging around looking to get nailed.
Huh?...In two thousand years are you telling me that no one figured out that there were four instead of two...but, today someone all of a sudden sees that there were four?...oh, come on...What do the most reliable ancient texts say regarding the issue?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2010, 07:35 PM

40 posts, read 53,875 times
How many were crucified with Christ?

The article on the site above talks about it. To me it seems quite possible. I've always thought it was only two, but I have to admit it wasn't because I studied those verses myself. I've noticed lately that alot of what I "knew" about the gospel came from tradition. Hosea 4:6, I guess.

Old 09-27-2010, 11:15 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,977,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchance3 View Post
How many were crucified with Christ?

The article on the site above talks about it. To me it seems quite possible. I've always thought it was only two, but I have to admit it wasn't because I studied those verses myself. I've noticed lately that alot of what I "knew" about the gospel came from tradition. Hosea 4:6, I guess.
jchance3, thanks for the link. I never knew there was a link to what I was saying.

I shared this information about Christ being crucified with 4 with my earthly, fleshly family via email and they called me names, and tore into me like you wouldn't believe. They all go to different churches but they just could not handle 4 being crucified with Christ. I find that so amazing how something so seemingly insignificant as this would bring out so much ire in them toward me! One told me I can go to hell. I was told I was deceiving the "true" Christians which meant he did not believe I was a true Christian. I was told I was twisting God's word. etc. etc.

Old 09-27-2010, 01:23 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,214,916 times
I guess it's true what they say......One can make the bible say WHATEVER it is they want it to say...go figure.

Old 09-27-2010, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
jchance3, thanks for the link. I never knew there was a link to what I was saying.

I shared this information about Christ being crucified with 4 with my earthly, fleshly family via email and they called me names, and tore into me like you wouldn't believe. They all go to different churches but they just could not handle 4 being crucified with Christ. I find that so amazing how something so seemingly insignificant as this would bring out so much ire in them toward me! One told me I can go to hell. I was told I was deceiving the "true" Christians which meant he did not believe I was a true Christian. I was told I was twisting God's word. etc. etc.
You are welcome.

I'm really sorry about your family not even considering that information. When someone establishes something as truth, it becomes rather difficult to break through that barrier. I believe we all at times have our "old dog, new tricks" moments. I've been in disagreements before where I felt without a shadow of a doubt I was correct. At the time no one could tell me otherwise, but once that light bulb turns on, my fallibility becomes quite evident to me.

Old 09-27-2010, 02:22 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,977,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
I guess it's true what they say......One can make the bible say WHATEVER it is they want it to say...go figure.
Christy, we aren't making the bible say anything. We are just going by what the Bible says and basing our conclusions on that.

1 malefactor had Jesus as his Lord
1 malefactor blasphemed Jesus
1 robber dissed Jesus
1 robber dissed Jesus

To malefactors led with Jesus to be crucified BEFORE the dividing of the garments.

Two robbers crucified with Jesus AFTER the dividing of the garments.

We didn't make this up. It is what it is.

Old 09-27-2010, 02:25 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,214,916 times
Quote:
Christy, we aren't making the bible say anything. We are just going by what the Bible says and basing our conclusions on that.

1 malefactor had Jesus as his Lord
1 malefactor blasphemed Jesus
1 robber dissed Jesus
1 robber dissed Jesus

To malefactors led with Jesus to be crucified BEFORE the dividing of the garments.

Two robbers crucified with Jesus AFTER the dividing of the garments.

We didn't make this up. It is what it is.
Yeah I know....and Paul taught the law didn't need to be followed....but then with his hypocritical self turned around and took a Nazarite vow...but it is what it is right?

Old 09-27-2010, 03:13 PM

63,833 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Default What is the point? How does the answer matter at all?

Whatever you believe about his seems totally irrelevant. Why would it matter?

Old 09-27-2010, 03:33 PM

I don't think it adds or take away anything from the on going religous debate in this world, but the article I read said the author's purpose was to clear up one of the many arguments people use to oppose the bible. Personally, it was interesting to see how deeply seeded tradition was in me and I thought it was an interesting fact.

Old 09-28-2010, 03:06 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,047,648 times
Quote:

I would say there was something else that powered those out bursts from your family...However, Who cares how many were there, it has nothing to do with the Gospel...It is like argueing over how many gallons of wine Christ made from water...It was a miracle...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity