Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 06:33 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,569,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Awesome thread!

Also:

Proverbs 10:12 Hatred stirs up dissension,
but love covers over all wrongs.
The sad fact is that...threads like this seldom make it to the 5th page before dying out and forgotten, while thread after thread of contentious topics keeps going and sprouting without ever being resolved...

My question is...
Is it because people find this universally true...or just plain boring because it does not feed the ego...???

Peace!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2010, 07:33 PM

823 posts, read 1,401,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
The sad fact is that...threads like this seldom make it to the 5th page before dying out and forgotten, while thread after thread of contentious topics keeps going and sprouting without ever being resolved...

My question is...
Is it because people find this universally true...or just plain boring because it does not feed the ego...???

Peace!
I don't know....good question Ans...... LOVE is most important in becoming at-one with God but somehow I think that a lot of Christians do not believe that or they believe it but there is nothing to debate about it.

So I guess to some it is just another boring LOVE thread. But Heh...I am willing to keep this going so it doesn't die off...... This thread is more important than any other, IMO, so I am willing to keep fanning the flame!

Old 10-01-2010, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
I don't know....good question Ans...... LOVE is most important in becoming at-one with God but somehow I think that a lot of Christians do not believe that or they believe it but there is nothing to debate about it.

So I guess to some it is just another boring LOVE thread. But Heh...I am willing to keep this going so it doesn't die off...... This thread is more important than any other, IMO, so I am willing to keep fanning the flame!
Thank you my friend...maybe we could exchange experiences that directly connect to why we believe the way we do. There are many lurkers around who would want to share their personal walk with the Creator. This forum is not exclusive to those who posts here...who by the way...are in constant disagreement with one another, including me. We all need encouragement in our lonely journey to the source of life...

Blessings...

Last edited by ans57; 10-01-2010 at 03:52 PM..

Old 10-01-2010, 04:46 PM

Default Something I found on youtube:

YouTube - Lost Generation

Blessings...

Old 10-08-2010, 11:51 PM

Do not let the worries of life keep you from loving and believing that God wants you to become at-0ne with Him in Love and Grace.

He is not only waiting for you to let His Love flow into your Heart, but He is anxiously knocking at the door of your heart, that you may open and let Him enter.

Old 10-09-2010, 05:58 PM

Default What Sealed my Faith:

One morning as I was waking up to get ready for work...I heard this still, small voice in my head who announced the birth of my first grandchild. This voice specifically said that my first grandchild "IS" a girl. Full of wonder...I then woke my daughter-in-law up in the next room to declare that the child in her womb is female...she was 7 months pregnant at that time and didn't know the sex of the baby...they wanted to be surprised.

Without question...I shared this experience with all my friends and co-workers who then organized a baby shower with pink color motif...everybody gave something that was only fitting for a baby girl, not a single thing for a boy...they believed me! However...my husband and my two sons were not convinced of my story and even commented that the heart rates were indicative of a male during prenatal visits. Meanwhile, my bible page indicator was on the book of Zechariah which I was currently reading.

Finally...the day came for my daughter-in-law to deliver. While she in the delivery room, I waited some distance from my husband and son, anxiously waiting for the hour of truth. Alas! when the announcement, "it's a boy!" was made...my heart sank, and right at that moment...I questioned my relationship with "The Almighty God" and even charged him to have abandoned me and allowed a deceitful spirit to whisper lies in my ears. In short...I was angry at Him and stopped sharing his word. I couldn't bare the thought that I have betrayed my friends who trusted my claim of walking with God.

BTW - My son named the new born "Zechariah," and without even knowing if he gave the right spelling...he named him after the prophet in the OT...

A year passed and one day my daughter-in-law excitedly came to me and asked if I remember a certain high-school girl whom my younger son dated for a short period of time...about 2-3 weeks to my knowledge. I said, "yes...?" she then said, "I just saw her at the grocery store a while ago...she has a message for Jason, 'tell him that if he wants to know and see his daughter...here's an address.' I drove hurriedly (practically flew) to the address to see for myself! and there she was, standing at the door...my grand-daughter who was born that very same morning I heard that "still, small voice"...2 months older than the grandson I thought was a she......

I learned a spiritual lesson that day..."never to rely on my own interpretation when it comes to the things of God." I asked forgiveness and allowed God to do his will without any human intervention on my part...although I reasoned that God must have an unfathomable other plan for this little girl than "just" to announce her coming into this world.

Suffice to say...that the mother had decided to hand the child over to us legally, giving my husband and I full custody until the child reaches 18 years of age...this said grand-daughter is still living with us and is now in her 1st year of College Bio to prepare for her goal to become a pediatric doctor for she loves babies...we'll wait and see what God has in store for her!

Shared from the core...ans

Last edited by ans57; 10-09-2010 at 07:04 PM..

Old 10-09-2010, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Thank you my friend...maybe we could exchange experiences that directly connect to why we believe the way we do. There are many lurkers around who would want to share their personal walk with the Creator. This forum is not exclusive to those who posts here...who by the way...are in constant disagreement with one another, including me. We all need encouragement in our lonely journey to the source of life...

Blessings...
HI Ans....sorry I missed this....good idea....I will do so soon

Old 10-10-2010, 12:25 AM

Quote:
One morning as I was waking up to get ready for work...I heard this still, small voice in my head who announced the birth of my first grandchild. This voice specifically said that my first grandchild "IS" a girl. Full of wonder...I then woke my daughter-in-law up in the next room to declare that the child in her womb is female...she was 7 months pregnant at that time and didn't know the sex of the baby...they wanted to be surprised.

Without question...I shared this experience with all my friends and co-workers who then organized a baby shower with pink color motif...everybody gave something that was only fitting for a baby girl, not a single thing for a boy...they believed me! However...my husband and my two sons were not convinced of my story and even commented that the heart rates were indicative of a male during prenatal visits. Meanwhile, my bible page indicator was on the book of Zechariah which I was currently reading.

Finally...the day came for my daughter-in-law to deliver. While she in the delivery room, I waited some distance from my husband and son, anxiously waiting for the hour of truth. Alas! when the announcement, "it's a boy!" was made...my heart sank, and right at that moment...I questioned my relationship with "The Almighty God" and even charged him to have abandoned me and allowed a deceitful spirit to whisper lies in my ears. In short...I was angry at Him and stopped sharing his word. I couldn't bare the thought that I have betrayed my friends who trusted my claim of walking with God.

BTW - My son named the new born "Zechariah," and without even knowing if he gave the right spelling...he named him after the prophet in the OT...

A year passed and one day my daughter-in-law excitedly came to me and asked if I remember a certain high-school girl whom my younger son dated for a short period of time...about 2-3 weeks to my knowledge. I said, "yes...?" she then said, "I just saw her at the grocery store a while ago...she has a message for Jason, 'tell him that if he wants to know and see his daughter...here's an address.' I drove hurriedly (practically flew) to the address to see for myself! and there she was, standing at the door...my grand-daughter who was born that very same morning I heard that "still, small voice"...2 months older than the grandson I thought was a she......

I learned a spiritual lesson that day..."never to rely on my own interpretation when it comes to the things of God." I asked forgiveness and allowed God to do his will without any human intervention on my part...although I reasoned that God must have an unfathomable other plan for this little girl than "just" to announce her coming into this world.

Suffice to say...that the mother had decided to hand the child over to us legally, giving my husband and I full custody until the child reaches 18 years of age...this said grand-daughter is still living with us and is now in her 1st year of College Bio to prepare for her goal to become a pediatric doctor for she loves babies...we'll wait and see what God has in store for her!

Shared from the core...ans
Ohhh Ans what a very beautiful story. So you and your husband raised her? God wanted you to be there for her

I have such an interesting story too but it is too long to put into words... I will do my best to shorten and post it one day in the near future. God too sent me a very strong message to look after my mentally challenged aunt (schizophrenia). It was a message that I knew beyond a shadow of doubt that it came from heaven above I have been looking after her now for 6 years and love her to bits.

Old 10-10-2010, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Ohhh Ans what a very beautiful story. So you and your husband raised her? God wanted you to be there for her

I have such an interesting story too but it is too long to put into words... I will do my best to shorten and post it one day in the near future. God too sent me a very strong message to look after my mentally challenged aunt (schizophrenia). It was a message that I knew beyond a shadow of doubt that it came from heaven above I have been looking after her now for 6 years and love her to bits.
Thanks Kat...I like what you said, "beyond a shadow of doubt..."

I shall wait to hear your story as well...

Old 10-10-2010, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Yes...we raised her though right now she's struggling between doing what's right and what's in...
Kat...do you remember the story I shared about my younger son's passing at such a young age of 24...this child is his. If you recall, my ex and I wanted a balanced family, son 1st and daughter 2nd...and had all the baby girl names lined up without any thought of a boy's...he was just "baby boy" for 24 hours...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity