Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 10:06 AM

223 posts, read 268,969 times

Advertisements

While I disagree with almost everything in your post, and find a lot of it isn't scripturally justified, such as the concept that only the Spirit can make the reading of the Bible make sense, (when that concept isn't in the Bible at all), I respect your ability to at least argue it with an ideology that personally works for you, as well as an ideology that causes you to question the organized chuch's status.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2010, 10:13 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,949,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Well, since you have found A VERSE which caught your eye, how about reading the rest of them that go along with it, and let the Word interpret itself?

Like Gal 6:8, 2nd Peter 1:4, 1st Cor 15:152nd Peter 2:12

Or how about going to the verb of the same word.

If any man destroys the temple of God, God will destroy him, for the temple of God is holy, and that is what you are.

But, I guess this also must be heresy.....

Saul of Tarsus was destroyed.

Old 10-07-2010, 10:20 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,155,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Saul of Tarsus was destroyed.
Sure was. He was given the name Paul by His King. He spent immense amounts of time in revelation, having the whole of scripture and the plan of God revealed unto him, so he could preach it to the Gentiles. He was transformed by the Holy Spirit, set apart from birth for this purpose. Yet, he had to live in the world of the Roman's as a citizen, and of Israel, as a Pharisee.

When Paul immerged, born again, He served but 1 King, even to his death.

How is your walk coming?

Old 10-07-2010, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spank316 View Post
While I disagree with almost everything in your post, and find a lot of it isn't scripturally justified, such as the concept that only the Spirit can make the reading of the Bible make sense, (when that concept isn't in the Bible at all), I respect your ability to at least argue it with an ideology that personally works for you, as well as an ideology that causes you to question the organized chuch's status.
God is not the God of confusion. The concept that ONLY the Spirit can make the reading of the bible make sense isn't mine,,,,it is Jesus'. Otherwise, why all the divisions in the church today?? They all believe their doctrines are right, yet the Bride is unified.

"But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come."

Or this:

Psa 56:5
All day long they distort my words; All their thoughts are against me for evil.

Or this:

Therefore, beloved, since you look for these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, spotless and blameless, and regard the patience of our Lord as salvation; just as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, wrote to you, as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction.

Just food for thought on this concept of being Spirit led to understanding.

Last edited by HotinAZ; 10-07-2010 at 10:34 AM..

Old 10-07-2010, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Sure was. He was given the name Paul by His King. He spent immense amounts of time in revelation, having the whole of scripture and the plan of God revealed unto him, so he could preach it to the Gentiles. He was transformed by the Holy Spirit, set apart from birth for this purpose. Yet, he had to live in the world of the Roman's as a citizen, and of Israel, as a Pharisee.

When Paul immerged, born again, He served but 1 King, even to his death.

How is your walk coming?

Satisfying.

Old 10-07-2010, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Satisfying.
Really?

Mine is really really rough, although in Him I do find rest and peace. Problem is, I cannot let go to rest in Him all the day long. Dang worldly systems keep gettting in the way.

Anyone who says this road is easy, I question, with all sincerity. Are they even on the right one? To pick up a cross and follow doesn't sound the least bit easy, or satisying. It goes against my very human nature, and the devil's worldly systems. I pray for the day of Him to come,,,and come quickly. Pray for me, if you would. Intercession cannot hurt.

Be blessed!

Old 10-07-2010, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Really?

Mine is really really rough, although in Him I do find rest and peace. Problem is, I cannot let go to rest in Him all the day long. Dang worldly systems keep gettting in the way.

Anyone who says this road is easy, I question, with all sincerity. Are they even on the right one? To pick up a cross and follow doesn't sound the least bit easy, or satisying. It goes against my very human nature, and the devil's worldly systems. I pray for the day of Him to come,,,and come quickly. Pray for me, if you would. Intercession cannot hurt.

Be blessed!

Sure, I will pray for you, but my one word answer may not be adequate.

Spiritual satisfaction has nothing to do with physicaly easy.

Old 10-07-2010, 11:34 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,365,920 times
Nice find Eusebius Once again, more proof of UR. We do have a slight problem though.

Think of the mind as being like a computer. Those of us whom God has shown His true nature to have been upgraded by Him to accept this new language. Not new really, it's been around for ages, we just couldn't compile the information.

Those stuck in the belief of ET, well, when they see posts like yours, what's really going on in their mind is this..."Runtime Error..error code 602, syntax error at line 1...'christ savior of all mankind' does not compute. Fix syntax and re-compile or contact your system administrator"

Not all bad news, the Master programmer knows how to make it right and He's busy doing that right now.

Old 10-07-2010, 05:38 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,977,818 times
Quote:
What you are doing, is twisting the words and verses out of context to suit your false doctrine. First off, the 'world' you speak of is NOT the planet earth, and her inhabitants. The 'world' Christ speaks of, is HIS WORLD, HIS KINGDOM.
Uh, HotinAZ, where did I say anything about "world"? The verse says "the creation." The creation is going to be freed into the glorious freedom of the children of God.

Is that not wonderful news?

Old 10-07-2010, 05:39 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,977,818 times
Zero 7, ha ha ha! That was great! I wonder if those who believe in ET get a lot of blue screens?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity