Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 03:51 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,977,818 times

Advertisements

The other day I read in the Bible that the Whole Creation Freed into the Believer's Freedom.

There must be some mistake.

Concordant Literal: Rom 8:21 that the creation itself, also, shall be freed from the slavery of corruption into the glorious freedom of the children of God."

And I thought, there must be a mistake so i looked in some other bibles for this heresy too:

American Bible Union Version 1865: that the creation itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

(ALT) because even the creation itself will be set free from the slavery of the corruption into the liberty of the glory of the children of God.

(ASV) that the creation itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the liberty of the glory of the children of God.

(CEV) that creation would be set free from decay and would share in the glorious freedom of his children.

(ESV) that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to decay and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God.

(GNB) that creation itself would one day be set free from its slavery to decay and would share the glorious freedom of the children of God.

(HCSB) that the creation itself will also be set free from the bondage of corruption into the glorious freedom of God's children.

(ISV) that the creation itself would also be set free from slavery to decay in order to share the glorious freedom of God's children.

(LITV) that also the creation will be freed from the slavery of corruption to the freedom of the glory of the children of God.

(MKJV) that the creation itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

(MSG) until both creation and all the creatures are ready and can be released at the same moment into the glorious times ahead. Meanwhile, the joyful anticipation deepens.

(RV) that the creation itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the liberty of the glory of the children of God.

(YLT) that also the creation itself shall be set free from the servitude of the corruption to the liberty of the glory of the children of God;

As I read all these Bibles concerning this I trembled knowing that it was God and His Son Who gave this revelation to the apostle Paul. What are we to say? Are we to indict these three with the charge of heresy?

How could they be any clearer? They obviously don't believe that just the believers are going to be saved. I mean, just look at how blatantly they said that the creation is going to be set free and be brought into the same liberty the children of God have!!!!!

Dear brothers and sisters, please pray for these three. Of course I don't know who you are going to pray to since we are only to pray to God through Christ. But how can we pray for God and Christ when we have to pray for them? It would be like praying: Dear God, I pray to you that You would save Yourself and Your Son from heresy. Would that work?

Or should we just kick all three of them out of heaven when we get there? Maybe we can if there's enough of us. There is strength in numbers you know. And we do have free wills that can bend God's will to our will, right?

If you think the above verses are bad there is even more rank heresy! I read it in 1 Timothy 2:4-6 and 4:10! And all this time I thought God was a just God! Oh the travesty of it all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2010, 07:33 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,156,391 times
Well, since you have found A VERSE which caught your eye, how about reading the rest of them that go along with it, and let the Word interpret itself?

Like Gal 6:8, 2nd Peter 1:4, 1st Cor 15:152nd Peter 2:12

Or how about going to the verb of the same word.

If any man destroys the temple of God, God will destroy him, for the temple of God is holy, and that is what you are.

But, I guess this also must be heresy.....

Old 10-07-2010, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Well, since you have found A VERSE which caught your eye, how about reading the rest of them that go along with it, and let the Word interpret itself?

Like Gal 6:8, 2nd Peter 1:4, 1st Cor 15:152nd Peter 2:12

Or how about going to the verb of the same word.

If any man destroys the temple of God, God will destroy him, for the temple of God is holy, and that is what you are.

But, I guess this also must be heresy.....
The Bible (at least a properly translated Bible) does not say "God will destroy him."

1Cor 3:17 If anyone is corrupting (ptheirei) the temple of God, God will be corrupting (ptherei) him, for the temple of God is holy, which you are."

Corrupt is "ptherei" in Greek and "destroy" is "apollumi." Apollumi is not used in 1 Cor.3:17.

The temple of God in Paul's thesis is composed of believers. Paul is not talking about out personal body. If anyone is coming into the group of believers and is corrupting that temple then God will be corrupting that person doing the corrupting.

None of the verses you referenced above contradict Romans 8:21. It is just that Romans 8:21 or the creation being freed into the glorious freedom of the children of God takes place AFTER all the negatives are done away with.

Old 10-07-2010, 06:26 AM

Also HotinAz, if you are correct that those verses prove all creation will not be freed into the glorious freedom of the children of God, this is even more reason to kick God, Christ and Paul, Timothy and John out of heaven.

We can do it! Jesus said if two of you agree on anything on earth it shall be bound in heaven.
We can do this! Let's get a whold bunch of us together and bind God, Jesus, Timothy, John and Paul and agree that they need kicked out of heaven for teaching heresy.
Just look at Romans 5:18,19! 1 Timothy 2:4-6! Philippians 2:8-11! John 4:42 and 1 John 4:14! We have enough proof to hang 'em all!

Old 10-07-2010, 09:34 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,371,620 times
Romans 5 is probably the deepest insight into the plan of God that I can think of.

Nice thread!
Blessings,
brian

Old 10-07-2010, 09:42 AM

223 posts, read 268,969 times
A fundamentalists worst nightmare. A guy that knows the scripture, and reads ancient Greek. lol.

Old 10-07-2010, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Also HotinAz, if you are correct that those verses prove all creation will not be freed into the glorious freedom of the children of God, this is even more reason to kick God, Christ and Paul, Timothy and John out of heaven.

We can do it! Jesus said if two of you agree on anything on earth it shall be bound in heaven.
We can do this! Let's get a whold bunch of us together and bind God, Jesus, Timothy, John and Paul and agree that they need kicked out of heaven for teaching heresy.
Just look at Romans 5:18,19! 1 Timothy 2:4-6! Philippians 2:8-11! John 4:42 and 1 John 4:14! We have enough proof to hang 'em all!
Your doctrine is not supported by the whole of scripture. Sorry, you can be a smartalec all you like, but it isn't going to change this fact.

What you are doing, is twisting the words and verses out of context to suit your false doctrine. First off, the 'world' you speak of is NOT the planet earth, and her inhabitants. The 'world' Christ speaks of, is HIS WORLD, HIS KINGDOM.

Yes, ALL those IN HIS WORLD, will confess Him as Lord. Because, as you have shown from your lack of understanding on your other post,,,to confess is from the Holy Spirit. It is a confession even unto the threat of death in the flesh, and only the Spirit can give you this. Otherwise, fear would grip your soul, like Peter, to believe in such a foolish thing, like a Kingdom made without hands. Why would you die for this, unless? Why would you suffer in this flesh, for this, unless? Why would you confess this, unless?

Only by the LOVE of Him, and the Spirit indwelling, transforming you and making you into a glorious child of God, can you even contemplate this.

So, you can live in YOUR WORLD, for it is not the WORLD I am a part of. I am a part of HIS WORLD, Jesus Christ's alone. The one HE established, and reigns over.

All those verses you provided prove nothing, except to tickle your ears for a lack of understanding, because your ears and eyes are not open to the Truth. For if they were, you would see, and hear.

But it is ok. It is not my job to convince you of anything. Only the Spirit can convict and convince you of anything pertaining to the Truth. After all, HE IS TRUTH.

Peace be with you, and may Him who gives understanding provide you Truth. Seek It, and you will find It. Seek Him, for He is seeking you, desiring you to become ONE with Him.

Many say they have this, already, but do they really? Which 'WORLD' are they living in? By this fact alone, it is easy to see.

Old 10-07-2010, 09:51 AM

223 posts, read 268,969 times
Hotinz, I'm sorry to say this, but to say that when Christ speaks of the World, in all cases he means his kingdom is to take passages out of context to fit that pre-conceived notion and it is seldom textually justifiable from the scripture, in any language.

So you're as guilty of the charges your levying here.

Old 10-07-2010, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Romans 5 is probably the deepest insight into the plan of God that I can think of.

Nice thread!
Blessings,
brian
Probably, but the whole of Romans is a sermon given by Paul through the Spirit, and read by another.

So it MUST be taken in complete context. Verses can be deep, as well as chapters. But the letters by Paul must be read AS letters, written to a peculiar people. To those who believe, such as Romans 1:6-7

Old 10-07-2010, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spank316 View Post
Hotinz, I'm sorry to say this, but to say that when Christ speaks of the World, in all cases he means his kingdom is to take passages out of context to fit that pre-conceived notion and it is seldom textually justifiable from the scripture, in any language.

So you're as guilty of the charges your levying here.
Spank, I didn't say He used this word ONLY to His Kingdom, for this is a falsehood. Satan has his worldly kingdoms also. Remember the temptation? There are more worlds than you may realize.

I live in Phoenix,,a world.
I live in Maricopa,,a world
I live in Arizona,,a world
I live in the USA,,a world

I live on the planet,,a world.

Each of these have their own set of governmental regulations, from the local city counsels, to the UN. Each has their own boundries, and juristictions.

Only the Spirit can guide you into what Jesus is actually talking about, because of the varying degrees of what is said.

This verse for example.

Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Was Jesus saying His Kingdom was not of this planet? Really?

How about this?

Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

So who is lying?

This is why the church beast, and the governmental beast have ruled since the Light came into THEIR world. They have suppressed the Light, for self glory and gain. How can you not see this?

Interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity