Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 03:01 PM

624 posts, read 1,247,875 times

Advertisements

The end times is only fear to the non-believer. When Jesus returns He will return for His people. The people who rejected Him will then have a lot to fear. Believers do not fear the end times, we eagerly await for this time to come. We try to warn non-believers, but many remain in unbelief. Read Revelation and the Book of Daniel from the Bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2010, 09:23 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,540,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbill View Post
The end times is only fear to the non-believer. When Jesus returns He will return for His people. The people who rejected Him will then have a lot to fear. Believers do not fear the end times, we eagerly await for this time to come. We try to warn non-believers, but many remain in unbelief. Read Revelation and the Book of Daniel from the Bible.
No; one cannot fear what one knows is only fable and fear mongering to keep the flock trembling and more importantly tithing. Without fear churches would stand empty and unused.

God ain't coming, for the very simple reason there are no gods.

Old 10-21-2010, 11:07 PM

187 posts, read 196,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
No; one cannot fear what one knows is only fable and fear mongering to keep the flock trembling and more importantly tithing. Without fear churches would stand empty and unused.

God ain't coming, for the very simple reason there are no gods.
Although I believe there probably is a God I think you make an interesting comment.
Many....try to have us believe they know God as their right hand or what have you. Many will have you believe they KNOW what God is thinking,
planning ect ect.

I don't believe they represent a creator at all.
It may be the God many have categorized and packaged for their own private convenience simply does not exist.

In this light, your comment that God does not exist is interesting.
However, for myself I, don't like to assert unequivocal knowledge that a
good creator does not exist.

I'm inclined, bereft of fear as explained in earlier post there would more than likely in opinion be a "Source or Creator" of all that we know

Old 10-22-2010, 02:32 PM

624 posts, read 1,247,875 times
Electricity is unseen, but it is real.

Old 10-22-2010, 02:42 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,196,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbill View Post
Electricity is unseen, but it is real.

Electricity can be measured. God cannot. That upsets people. If they "found" God they would try and measure him, too. Then they would try and manipulate him. Things could happen.

Old 10-23-2010, 06:03 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,503,165 times
So what-God does not try us nor can he be tried by any man. It is not possible for a man to manipulate God in any way. Fuhh-getta-bout it. Truth is, God wants you to find him if that is what you want. I recommend talking to Jehovah's Witnesses next time they come to your door. Question them about God and accept a free Bible Study with them.

Old 11-05-2010, 05:23 PM

7 posts, read 8,531 times
(Elkotronics said) "I recommend talking to Jehovah's Witnesses next time they come to your door. Question them about God and accept a free Bible Study with them."

I recommend not doing that. Why would/should a Jehovah Witness know any more that we should question them? Someone gave them the answers, it sat well with them, and now they preach it. Same thing with the Moonies and their truth, Mormons and their truth, Catholics and their truth, etc. But they don't all land at the same truth, so they're not all right. I'm not saying they're not "saved." I'm not saying either that they're not decent people, but I'm also not saying that their belief makes them automatically a good person or on the right side. That's what I've experienced- the attitude that "you're okay if you're with us, but you're probably not if you aren't." And the forces behind it are strong. When you add them to our desire to be safe and secure, it's difficult to reckon with. That's why many of these people have a hard time leaving these groups, even when they've experienced taboos within the group against their own standards. Where will they go? If it's wrong that means God wasn't leading them in the first place, doesn't it? Where was He when they met the group, when they were praying for His leading? When you get to that place, do you choose to overlook faults you would never allow other groups to have, or do you take your lessons and move on? I kind of think a person could be safe going either direction, but not safe in overlooking a great lesson God is teaching you through it by ignoring what you're seeing.

Old 11-05-2010, 06:54 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,196,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Of course god can be measured, every wonder why any and every measurement comes up an absolute zero?

You mean like "no amputee has ever been healed by prayer?"

Old 11-05-2010, 08:02 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,540,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
You mean like "no amputee has ever been healed by prayer?"
That and every other malady

Old 11-05-2010, 09:39 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,691,333 times
sry but that's a sllly one.why would an amputee be healed? I think Jesus could have done it,would have done it,probably did it when He was on earth,but God created us to not regrow limbs when they get cut off.loose your hand,whoops!,that's it.we're not the same as the creatures who can regrow..we just weren't made that way.it's not in our DNA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity