Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 04:55 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,048,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbill View Post
The end times is only fear to the non-believer. When Jesus returns He will return for His people. The people who rejected Him will then have a lot to fear. Believers do not fear the end times, we eagerly await for this time to come. We try to warn non-believers, but many remain in unbelief. Read Revelation and the Book of Daniel from the Bible.
Excellent posting! We are all given the gift of 'free will'...if those who choose to not believe want to continue on that path, that is their choice. We cannot force anyone to believe in God/Jesus/Holy Spirit; or that Jesus is our Savior and the ONLY way to God. We cannot force anyone to believe anything. God grants free will, that is His decision.

My prayer is that I become a stronger Christian as I get further into the Word of God; that I set a good example; and I pray that others will accept Jesus and turn their life over to God. Again though, it is their choice as to what they believe. I won't speak rudely or argue with anyone regarding their choices being different than mine.

As far as people discussing what Hell is all about: I cannot fathom being eternally separated from God, it is too painful to even begin to think about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2010, 01:06 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,616,026 times
I'm trying to be patient here but I've seen the same pattern over and over for the last 50 years. This is the latest version:

2010: The Beginning of the Real Crisis

Here's the link from the OP:
Millennium Ark: Hot News

So far we have a near 100% failure rate on these predictions of total disaster. With under 2 mos. to go I'm guessing it will all turn out to be another huge crock.

Of course - all we need is one major scary event to keep the panic going and then we will see another year of disaster predictions built upon that new wave of fear.

It's like the disaster movie craze of the seventies:
Disaster Flicks of the 1970s

Do people just love to be afraid??? Or what?

Old 11-08-2010, 05:39 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,277,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
I'm trying to be patient here but I've seen the same pattern over and over for the last 50 years. This is the latest version:

2010: The Beginning of the Real Crisis

Here's the link from the OP:

So far we have a near 100% failure rate on these predictions of total disaster. With under 2 mos. to go I'm guessing it will all turn out to be another huge crock.

Of course - all we need is one major scary event to keep the panic going and then we will see another year of disaster predictions built upon that new wave of fear.

It's like the disaster movie craze of the seventies:
Disaster Flicks of the 1970s

Do people just love to be afraid??? Or what?
I believe it's just christianity being christianity , it needs external things to be going on to convince itself there really is a God,tossed to and fro by every wind of doctrine regarding what they believe is the end times, to me it might as well be looking at a daily horoscope to find it's fix(i'm sure there's more truth in them,than all the false prophecies we are hearing), if it doesn't have the assurance and peace that the kingdom of God is within them.

Old 12-20-2010, 05:47 AM

Okay - 2010 is winding down. Here's the OP content link once again:

Check out the first four in BLUE (blue denotes what the "prophets of God" said as opposed to the secular alarmists). If these are prophets of God - we need some better prophets or a new God.

More 100 % B.S. doom and gloom scare material which didn't happen.

Of course - any half wit knows that disasters can and will happen but these guys??? Sheeeesh.....

Old 12-20-2010, 09:40 AM

1,373 posts, read 3,126,019 times
I think this End Times stuff is the exact reason most Christians in America don't care about the environment. Why fix the environment if the world is gonna end tomorrow?

Old 12-24-2010, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPwn View Post
I think this End Times stuff is the exact reason most Christians in America don't care about the environment. Why fix the environment if the world is gonna end tomorrow?
Yep. Back in one of the 80's predictions of Jesus' return (the 40th year after the birth of modern Israel?) some were charging up credit cards like there was no tomorrow, except, oops... there WAS a tomorrow

Old 12-24-2010, 09:19 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,521,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Yep. Back in one of the 80's predictions of Jesus' return (the 40th year after the birth of modern Israel?) some were charging up credit cards like there was no tomorrow, except, oops... there WAS a tomorrow
Now that is karma

Old 12-25-2010, 03:48 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,015,222 times
Does it really take a "prophet" to see that certain things are coming upon us as a nation? That's my gripe. I don't doubt that we are going to see the collapse of the American Empire. But the thing is, we need to be prepared to give up our lives in this world no matter what happens for good or bad. Another way to look at it is that any day could be a personal day of disaster for anyone, whether or not the whole nation collapses. Just my 2 cents. I agree that worry doesn't change the future.

Old 12-25-2010, 04:06 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,015,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by light1111 View Post
For the ETers, how is the Mayan calendar ending in the year 2012 viewed? Do they see this as supportive evidence, irrelevant, blasphemy . . . ? Does anyone know? Would anyone who believes in ET like to leave their comments? I've never heard both concepts mentioned in the same breath, but have been wondering for some time if "The Rapture" is supposed to coincide with whatever the Mayans foresaw in ending their calendar when they did.

I'm pretty fascinated by the whole 2012 thing, but I don't really believe it marks the end of our world (or life on earth, or human life). I always hope that it signifies the beginning of a new (better) time. I keep hoping it's the beginning of an expansion in human consciousness, where we are unable to blot out the horrors we know exist all around us, and instead do something -- to help people, finally. Maybe where we abandon the whole "free market" idea and simply say, we have so much grain we're throwing it into the sea as standard operating procedure -- let's take every piece of that grain and provide it continually to every hungry family in the U.S., Africa, China, Bangladesh . . . etc. And oh, you don't have a health insurance plan, Africans? Well we just woke up and realized you oughtn't need one -- you're human beings and your life has value. We'll give you all the medicinal supplies you require, free of charge -- because your life has greater value than the sum it will cost us to supply these things to you.

Anyone? Rapture and chaos? Or peace and healing? What do you think?
I've wondered the same things myself. The scriptures promise the healing of the nations, so perhaps after we pass through hell/chaos/fire then we'll be purified.

Old 12-25-2010, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearNight View Post
Forced morality is not progress, it is without option.
It is true that forced morality cannot create morality in those whom it is forced upon but I think the fact that SO many forms of abuse that were commonplace in the past are now prohibited by law shows a great deal of progress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity