Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you willing to die for the Lord, Jesus Christ?
Yes, even if I am tortured 19 54.29%
Yes, only if I have to die quickly with no torment 0 0%
No way 15 42.86%
Can't tell (why?) 1 2.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 10:26 AM

488 posts, read 1,252,658 times

Advertisements

would you die for your Savior?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2010, 04:57 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,158,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doesntspringtomind View Post
would you die for your Savior?
I die for my King, daily.

But yes, I would give this flesh for Him as well.

Old 12-21-2010, 05:49 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,193,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
I die for my King, daily.
Amen - this is the crucified life Jesus called us to.

Quote:
But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. Phil 3:7-11

Old 12-21-2010, 06:34 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,667,690 times
Yes...I have already given up my life to live in the will of my Father and I will continue to do so, no matter what the cost. I've counted the cost and I can afford loosing all that I am and all that I have in this world for Him. I've been in training for a good while now...learning how to sacrifice all that I am and all that I want for all that He wants to be in me > all-in-all...oneness < that's where I want to be, forever with Him...there is no other way. Amen.

Old 12-21-2010, 06:40 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,334,160 times
But Peter declared, "Even if I have to die with you, I will never disown you." And all the other disciples said the same.

May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ. Galatians 6:14

Old 12-21-2010, 06:54 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,667,690 times
John 12:25 The man who loves his life will lose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.

Matthew 5:10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Isaiah 88:5 Hear the word of the LORD, you who tremble at his word: "Your brothers who hate you, and exclude you because of my name, have said, 'Let the LORD be glorified, that we may see your joy!' Yet they will be put to shame.

Amen.

Old 12-21-2010, 07:34 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,334,160 times
My first thought would be take this cup from me, and to be absolutey honest i would be lying to say "nevertheless not my will but your's be done", if i was faced with the choice. I'm not there yet by a long shot. I firmly believe the day declares whether we are true to our word or not. I am sure there would be those who would vote no way, who probably would die for him, and i am sure there are some who would say yes they would, that wouldn't when faced with it.
I voted no way,by being honest in my heart.

Old 12-21-2010, 09:14 PM

7,077 posts, read 12,361,575 times
No way. Why should I die (or want to die) for a stranger that I've never seen in person? This thread is almost scary. Dying for a "belief" has CULT written all over it. The following is what such thinking can lead to.
Quote:
David Koresh (August 17, 1959 – April 19, 1993), born Vernon Wayne Howell, was the leader of a Branch Davidian religious sect, believing himself to be its final prophet. Howell legally changed his name to David Koresh on May 15, 1990. A 1993 raid by the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, and the subsequent siege by the FBI ended with the burning of the Branch Davidian ranch outside of Waco, Texas in McLennan County. Koresh, 54 adults and 21 children were found dead after the fire.
David Koresh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

^^^All it takes folks are a few looneys willing to die for their sky man and BOOM, dead adults and children are the result. This post is NOT a joke nor is it a knock against Christianity. It is a simple reality check to those willing to die for any deity. Think about it...

Old 12-21-2010, 09:18 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,963,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Yes...I have already given up my life to live in the will of my Father and I will continue to do so, no matter what the cost. I've counted the cost and I can afford loosing all that I am and all that I have in this world for Him. I've been in training for a good while now...learning how to sacrifice all that I am and all that I want for all that He wants to be in me > all-in-all...oneness < that's where I want to be, forever with Him...there is no other way. Amen.
Before the rooster crows, you shall deny knowing Him three times.

Old 12-21-2010, 09:26 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,208,032 times
I hate this question because all it does it encourage a bunch of self-aggrandizing chest beating. What's more, if you indeed claim that you would, then your answer is dishonest. After all the only possibly honest one for this situation is "I know how I'd like to act, but ultimately I don't know."

Seriously? How do you know what you'll do when faced with that situation? Sure, a lot of us like to think we'd do the right thing. But as we all know, intentions and outcomes are two wholly different things. No less an eminence as Peter chose cowardice a the moment of truth and denied Christ three times when the Romans came to cart Him away.

So enough of the moral vanity. Many a self-righteous person has been tested and failed when the time came, while many a sinner has surprised and amazed others by their acts of goodly courage. And no one truly knows until the actual test comes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity