Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2010, 08:35 AM

1,315 posts, read 1,867,564 times

Advertisements

The Holy Spirit is God and the Third Person of the Triune God, but singularly as the Person of God, the Holy Spirit does not seek to be worshipped, honoured, nor glorified at all because He is sent to lead believers to honour the Father by honouring the Son ( John 5:22-23 )

John 5: 22For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: 23That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

and glorifying God the Father by glorifying the Son ( John 13:31-32 ).

John 13: 31Therefore, when he was gone out, Jesus said, Now is the Son of man glorified, and God is glorified in him. 32If God be glorified in him, God shall also glorify him in himself, and shall straightway glorify him

The Holy Spirit seeks to have this mind of Christ in us: Philippians 2:5-11

Philippians 2: 5Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 9Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

God the Father is reconciling the world to Himself through the Son. That is why all invitations points to the Son and none to the Holy Spirit because people in the world do worship spirits and seek after spirits. It is because of other spirits in the world that the Holy Spirit in us wishes us to be chaste in our relationship with God by way of the Son, the Bridegroom. This reconciled relationship through the Son is how God would call those in the world to come out of the world of their rudiments and practises to depart from them in being witnesses of the Son, the Good News to man.

The Nicene creed which was done in ecumenical format, is wrong about about the Holy Spirit being the Giver of Life:

John 6:32Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven. 33For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world. 34Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread. 35And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

John 11: 25Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: 26And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

AND the creed is wrong about the Holy Spirit to be worshipped with the Father and the Son.

It goes against having that mind of Christ as it is His name which is above every other name to the glory of God the Father.

Since the Holy Spirit will not speak of himself as He seeks to testify of the Son in seeking His glory, then we that are led by the Spirit of God would be doing the same thing.

Those that worship, honour, and glorify the Holy Spirit are not led by the Holy Spirit to do that.

Is the name of Jesus above every other name or not? There is no "but" to that.

For those that hunger for more of that phenomenon of the "spirit" coming again and again: that is of the world and that is not the Holy Spirit: The Holy Spirit is in you as promised for all those that come to and believe in Jesus Christ. Jesus is the bread of life, so return to your first love & hunger no more.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2010, 09:14 AM

409 posts, read 399,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post
The Holy Spirit is God and the Third Person of the Triune God, but singularly as the Person of God, the Holy Spirit does not seek to be worshipped, honoured, nor glorified at all because He is sent to lead believers to honour the Father by honouring the Son ( John 5:22-23 )

John 5: 22For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: 23That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

and glorifying God the Father by glorifying the Son ( John 13:31-32 ).

John 13: 31Therefore, when he was gone out, Jesus said, Now is the Son of man glorified, and God is glorified in him. 32If God be glorified in him, God shall also glorify him in himself, and shall straightway glorify him

The Holy Spirit seeks to have this mind of Christ in us: Philippians 2:5-11

Philippians 2: 5Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 9Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

God the Father is reconciling the world to Himself through the Son. That is why all invitations points to the Son and none to the Holy Spirit because people in the world do worship spirits and seek after spirits. It is because of other spirits in the world that the Holy Spirit in us wishes us to be chaste in our relationship with God by way of the Son, the Bridegroom. This reconciled relationship through the Son is how God would call those in the world to come out of the world of their rudiments and practises to depart from them in being witnesses of the Son, the Good News to man.

The Nicene creed which was done in ecumenical format, is wrong about about the Holy Spirit being the Giver of Life:

John 6:32Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven. 33For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world. 34Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread. 35And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

John 11: 25Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: 26And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

AND the creed is wrong about the Holy Spirit to be worshipped with the Father and the Son.

It goes against having that mind of Christ as it is His name which is above every other name to the glory of God the Father.

Since the Holy Spirit will not speak of himself as He seeks to testify of the Son in seeking His glory, then we that are led by the Spirit of God would be doing the same thing.

Those that worship, honour, and glorify the Holy Spirit are not led by the Holy Spirit to do that.

Is the name of Jesus above every other name or not? There is no "but" to that.

For those that hunger for more of that phenomenon of the "spirit" coming again and again: that is of the world and that is not the Holy Spirit: The Holy Spirit is in you as promised for all those that come to and believe in Jesus Christ. Jesus is the bread of life, so return to your first love & hunger no more.
The Holy Spirit isn't a God, it's God's active force.

Micah 3:8

The Holy Spirit has no name. If it were a diety, it would have a name.

Old 09-13-2010, 04:03 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,009,914 times
You can honor Holy Spirit and be reverence to his presence, but believers must not Praise, Worship, and glorify Holy Spirit as that is for the Lord Jesus Christ,,,,, Holy Spirit will withdraw and even retreat from any Worship or praise to him.....believer must NEVER be proud of Holy Spirit as being proud is not a Heavenly attribute of the Lord Jesus or HIS Spirit

Old 09-13-2010, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avasa View Post

Jesus Christ referred to the Holy Spirit as A Person of God with the pronouns of "he" , "him", and "himself", so the Holy Spirit is more than just God's active force.

John 14:16And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.... 26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 16: 7Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. 8And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9Of sin, because they believe not on me; 10Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; 11Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged..... 13Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. 15All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Old 09-13-2010, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
You can honor Holy Spirit and be reverence to his presence, but believers must not Praise, Worship, and glorify Holy Spirit as that is for the Lord Jesus Christ,,,,, Holy Spirit will withdraw and even retreat from any Worship or praise to him.....believer must NEVER be proud of Holy Spirit as being proud is not a Heavenly attribute of the Lord Jesus or HIS Spirit
How can you honour and be reverence to his presence without praising, worshipping, nor glorifying the Holy Spirit?

How can praising, worshipping, and glorifying the Holy Spirit is not seen as honouring and reverencing the presence of the Holy Spirit?

Since the Holy Spirit dwells within us as promised for all believers in Jesus Christ: how can there be any "withdrawing of the Holy Spirit".

The Holy Spirit will never be in the worship place since He dwells within us. Only other spirits in the world would seek to be felt in the worship place to take the eyes of the believers' off of Jesus Christ in fellowship and worship.

The line of discernment has been given for believers to test the spirits: "greater is he that is in you than he that is in the world."

Even manifestations of the Spirit are to bring about this good report.

1 Coirinthians 14: 24But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not, or one unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all: 25And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.

So the danger here is when believers start saying that the Holy Spirit is in the worship place:

1 John 4:3And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2 Corinthians 13: 5Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Matthew 24:23Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. 24For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. 25Behold, I have told you before. 26Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

The Holy Spirit does not need to be felt in the worship place for He dwells within us as promised for all those that come to Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 5: 19What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

That is why the Holy Spirit within us is still pointing us to relate to God the Father through the Son, and be chaste in our relationship with the Bridegroom as we are the to be the bride. This is so that we shall not have our eyes taken off of Jesus by any false prophet or false spirit masquerading as the Holy Spirit in the spotlight of the worshiup service.

Keeping our eyes on Jesus proves we are listening to the Holy Spirit within us as we seek to testify of the Son in the hopes of to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ Whose name is above every other name to the glory of God the Father: meaning: God is not glorified nor honoured by any other way.

Those having this mind of Christ are led by the Spirit of God to worship God the Father IN spirit and IN truth in the name of Jesus Christ.

Colossians 3:16Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. 17And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Old 09-13-2010, 05:30 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,758,080 times
Quote:

The Holy Spirit has no name. If it were a deity, it would have a name.
The Shekinah glory was the incorporeal presence of God which dwelt in the most holy place upon the mercy seat of the ark of the covenant. It was withdrawn from earth in the times of Ezekiel and was prophesied to return by Zechariah.

The word "Shekinah" is a derivative of the word "shakan", which is the word used in the old testament to describe the "dwelling" of the glory of God. As the holy spirit is the presence of God dwelling with man, it is obvious that the holy spirit is the very same "shakan" or "shekinah".

Before Christ died and became the propitiation for the sin of the world, the shekinah presence was unable to dwell in the hearts of humanity, because they were yet under the condemnation of the law of sin without Christs atonement sacrifice. If a person who was not consecrated entered into the presence of the "shakan"(dwelling) of the glory of God without being properly consecrated, they would die. As a matter of, when the high priest entered into the holy of hollies to sprinkle the blood of the sacrificial goat, they would tie a rope around his waist in case he were to faint or even die while in the act.

Peace ...

Old 09-13-2010, 05:48 PM

7,995 posts, read 12,270,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post

The Holy Spirit is in you as promised for all those that come to and believe in Jesus Christ.

With all due respect, this non-believer would disagree...The Holy Spirit is broader than how you define/describe it.

(She also realizes that she has completely discredited herself as self-identifying as a "nonbeliever.")

Take gentle care.

Old 09-13-2010, 06:07 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,568,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
With all due respect, this non-believer would disagree...The Holy Spirit is broader than how you define/describe it.

(She also realizes that she has completely discredited herself as self-identifying as a "nonbeliever.")

Take gentle care.
And I say...I understand...

Off topic...Sorry

Old 09-13-2010, 11:52 PM

33,221 posts, read 26,417,924 times
Quote:

The Holy Spirit is God. He is co-equal with God the Father and with God the Son.

Acts 5:3 Then Peter said, “Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land? 4] Didn’t it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, was it not under your control? Why is it that you have conceived this deed in your heart? You have not lied to men, but to God. You can't lie to a force, you lie to a person. In this case the Person of God the Holy Spirit.

Romans 8:26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. 27] And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for with groanings too deep for words:' A force can't intercede with groans. Only a person can. And a force is not referred to with a personal pronoun.

Eph 4:30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. The Holy Spirit is spoken of as a Person.

Acts 13:2 As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Spirit said, Set apart for Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them. The Holy Spirit gives commands.

There's more, but that should do

Old 09-14-2010, 12:50 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,015,222 times
It would seem to me that the Holy Spirit is everywhere in every subatomic particle in the Universe.
Being sovereign over all things explains how God will destroy death itself. God can change everything at whatever time He chooses.

Just my take, of course.

Heartsong
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity