U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2010, 08:52 PM

73 posts, read 140,094 times

Advertisements

Who is JESUS CHRIST?

Jesus Christ, God Almighty, the Trinity and One God

Who do you say Jesus is?

John 12:44-45

44 Then Jesus cried out and said, “He who believes in me, believes not in me, but in Him who sent Me. 45 And he who sees me sees Him who sent me.

Jesus is making it clear here that you are to believe in him, yet Jesus wants you to mature in him and understand something else quite wonderful about him. That is that the one who sent him is in fact the same one you see when you look at Jesus.

Jesus is God Almighty the Father however while on earth he never operated with more power than that of a son. So before you misunderstand read the rest of this document.

Isaiah 45-21-23

21 Tell and bring forth your case; Yes, let them take counsel together. Who has declared this from ancient time? Who has told it from that time? Have not I, the Lord? And there is no other God besides me, a just God and a Savior; There is none besides me.

Jesus is a just God and Savior and it states there is no GOD or Savior besides the God of Israel. Since this is Jewish scripture then Jesus is either God and Savior or he is not. If this scripture is true and for correctly taught Christians we know it is, then Jesus is God Almighty the creator and our Heavenly Father. John 1 makes that clear as well.

Look to Me, and be saved, All you ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other

Once again God declares there is no God but the God of Israel 23 I have sworn by Myself; The word has gone out of My mouth in righteousness, And shall not return, That to me every knee shall bow, and every tongue shall take an oath. Notice above God said he has sworn by himself and to him every knee shall bow. If every knee is going to bow to Jesus then Jesus has to be God Almighty our Father.

John 14:9

9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

Isaiah 9:6

6For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called; Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

John 20:26-28

26 And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, “Peace to you!” 27 Then He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.” 28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”

Jesus is God the Father the creator, but when Jesus became flesh he came as a son with no more power than Adam had before the fall. Adam had great authority and wisdom with God in the garden until he fell. Jesus had to pass the test Adam failed to redeem us which was temptation and obedience. If Jesus had used his power as God rather than limit himself to no more power than Adam had before the fall then Lucifer would have known who Jesus was and from God’s point of view it would have been cheating.
When Jesus said he considered it robbery to be considered equal to God he did mean it. Even though Jesus was the Father he was operating with only the power Adam had as a son before the fall. Any other power Jesus manifested he attested to the Holy Spirit's work. The Holy spirit also spoke out of heaven saying concerning Jesus, ” This is my beloved Son in whom I’m well pleased.” Jesus also said ” The father is greater than I.” Note there is no contradiction here, Jesus at this point in time was limiting himself in power to that of a son.

Jesus knew he had to die for us in order to redeem us and Israel legally, Jesus also knew he had to keep hidden the fullness of who he was until all was fulfilled, but Jesus gave us clues everywhere who he was. When Jesus died on the Cross for us he died as a real son of God because he limited himself in power to that of a son, but when Jesus rose for our justification he no longer had to hide who he was. Peter said you are the son of the living God, and Jesus affirmed that without correction to Peter. Years later doubting Thomas said MY LORD AND MY GOD and Jesus did not correct him.

Before Jesus had ascended he said to Mary ” Do not touch me Mary for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Later he said to Thomas, put your hand in my side and touch my wound and be believing not faithless. The scriptures declare that no one can say Jesus is Lord (with faith & understanding) without the Holy Spirit.

The Word Lord in the Greek is Kurios, it is as Thomas spoke it. It does not mean Lord Churchill or some knighted person from England. It means LORD as in God Almighty.

So the scripture is true, ” No one can say Jesus Christ is God Almighty (LORD) except by the Holy Spirit. That is what that scripture really means. No one can say Jesus is God except by the Holy Spirit. If you say Jesus is Lord of Lords and King of Kings then what you are really saying is that Jesus is God above all Gods King above kings. So be the truth Amen and Forever Amen.

Who is JESUS CHRIST - Point Prophetic - Click

Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2010, 10:26 PM

10,119 posts, read 13,036,501 times
Absolutely true! -- Good Post! - John 1:1-15 also affirms this central, irreducible truth of Christianity. What seems odd is that it appears like you posted this almost a month ago and have gotten NO responses (?) ... Hundreds often weigh-in on every type of bizzare and controversial post that shows up on CD Christian forum, yet are strangely staying away from this one. I wonder why?

Old 12-07-2010, 02:03 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,095,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Absolutely true! -- Good Post! - John 1:1-15 also affirms this central, irreducible truth of Christianity. What seems odd is that it appears like you posted this almost a month ago and have gotten NO responses (?) ... Hundreds often weigh-in on every type of bizzare and controversial post that shows up on CD Christian forum, yet are strangely staying away from this one. I wonder why?
Check out some of the trinity debates here. Really - the same subject as this thread.

Here's one: //www.city-data.com/forum/chris...d-trinity.html

It's hard to say why some threads do better than others.

Old 12-07-2010, 06:51 AM

17,966 posts, read 14,308,134 times
While it is true that Jesus is said to be "God Almighty" in Revelation,
we need to ask ourselves just what is meant by this.

I think it means "God" = "Subjector" and "Almighty" = all holder of power.
Together we have the Subjector who is the holder of all power.

And what did Jesus say?: "Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying,
All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. "

Who gave Him all the power to be the Subjector? Answer: God. His God gave him all power.

So now we have to ask ourselve just what does that mean?

A verse one should look at would be:
John 20:17 "Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father:
but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father;
and to my God, and your God.

So we see Jesus saying He is not their God but was ascending to where their God is, in heaven.

And what did Paul write?
1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him;
and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Notice, "one God, the Father." Not "three God's in one" etc. etc.

And Jesus taught His disciples that their Father was in heaven in the so-called "Our Father" prayer.

Old 12-07-2010, 01:31 PM

3,066 posts, read 3,328,730 times
GotGot posted:

Isaiah 45-21-23

21 Tell and bring forth your case; Yes, let them take counsel together. Who has declared this from ancient time? Who has told it from that time? Have not I, the Lord? And there is no other God besides me, a just God and a Savior; There is none besides me.

Jesus is a just God and Savior and it states there is no GOD or Savior besides the God of Israel.Since this is Jewish scripture then Jesus is either God and Savior or he is not. If this scripture is true and for correctly taught Christians we know it is, then Jesus is God Almighty the creator and our Heavenly Father. John 1 makes that clear as well.

RESPONSE:

Yahweh, is "The God of Israel." Check out your Bible. Not Jesus. There is no second person involved.

Deut 6:4-9 "Hear, Israel, the Lord is our God, the Lord is One."

The plain meaning of words. The God of Israel is one person, not two, or three.

Old 12-07-2010, 05:17 PM

17,966 posts, read 14,308,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient warrior View Post
RESPONSE:

Yahweh, is "The God of Israel." Check out your Bible. Not Jesus. There is no second person involved.

I'm curious where it states in the Bible that God is a "person."

More literally, Deuteronomy 6:4 states:

"Hear, Israel! Yahweh (is) our Elohim;
Yahweh (the only) One."

Where words in parenthesis () are in light face and not represented in Hebrew.

Psa 110:1 "A Davidic Psalm The averring of Yahweh to my Lord:Sit at My right Until I should set Your enemies as a stool for Your feet." (Concordant Literal Old Testament).

If Jesus is Yahweh, how can Yahweh say to David's Lord (who was Jesus) to sit at His right?

Old 12-07-2010, 07:29 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,630,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient warrior View Post

RESPONSE:

I think we often forget that scripture often portrays Jesus as also a man (ie: with flesh and blood, just like you and I) with all the physical limitations imposed upon Him by His own creation. And it is often in that regard that some do not recognize Jesus as being Jehovah God (YHVH) manifested in the flesh. But scripture (usually) never separates Jesus "the man", per se, from Jesus' own eternal Spirit (YHVH), as you seem to be suggesting here.

Perhaps the "Trinity" concept is really not for you....Not all Christians fall within the traditional Protestant or Catholic faith and subscribe to the "Trinity" doctrine. Have you considered the "Sacred Name", or as it is sometimes referred to as the "Oneness Doctrine"? Perhaps this is where Jesus is leading you at this time. Here is a website that describes this concept in more detail:

The Sacred Name:

Sacred Name of God YHVH YHWH Tetragrammaton Yahveh Yahweh Yeshuah Yashuah Yahushuah

The Oneness Doctrine:

Bible Revelations,God One,Oneness,Jesus only,Who God,Shemah,Deity Messiah

A short course on the Divinity of Christ (the Messiah, Yeshuah, or Jesus):

Bible Study Course - Who is God? Oneness, deity Messiah Jesus Yeshuah Yahshuah, Identity of God

Last edited by AlabamaStorm; 12-07-2010 at 07:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity