Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 08:23 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,001,661 times

Advertisements

Pastor comes out to church (http://www.rockdalecitizen.com/news/headlines/105253293.html - broken link)

[sarcasm]Well, I think his church teaches universalism so this means he was never a "True Christian" anyway.[/sarcasm]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2010, 09:53 AM

7,074 posts, read 12,341,388 times
Another pastor admits he was gay all along

I'd say he's actually bisexual. I seriously doubt a true gay man could have faked it for years with a wife like he did.

Old 11-04-2010, 10:02 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,174,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Pastor comes out to church (http://www.rockdalecitizen.com/news/headlines/105253293.html - broken link)

I think his church teaches universalism
Why do you say that?

Old 11-04-2010, 11:06 AM

1,362 posts, read 4,617,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Another pastor admits he was gay all along

I'd say he's actually bisexual. I seriously doubt a true gay man could have faked it for years with a wife like he did.
I beg to differ. One of my close friends who is gay, and has always been obviously gay, was once engaged to a woman for 8 years and had sex with her all the time. Before they were supposed to get married he called it off because he couldn't go on living a lie. I'm sure most people never think they'd consider cannibalism as a normal option, but in times of extreme circumstance you can make yourself do lots of things you wouldn't normally do. I think the same holds for gays who don't feel they can be open in the relationship they want so they go to extreme lengths to survive otherwise.

Old 11-04-2010, 01:07 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,689,448 times
well I dare say he's ultimately going to have to choose between his lifestyle and God.The bible isn't Burger King...'have it your way',no.

Old 11-04-2010, 01:21 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,001,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
well I dare say he's ultimately going to have to choose between his lifestyle and God.The bible isn't Burger King...'have it your way',no.
It's not a 'lifestyle.' It's an orientation. Your apparent heterosexuality is not a "lifestyle" is it?

Old 11-04-2010, 03:35 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,907,876 times
We're all burdened with some type of "thorn" in this life and how we successfully adjust to it in compliance with God's laws determines the degree of our reward in heaven, assuming this thorn doesn't drag us to hell.

Old 11-04-2010, 07:42 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,689,448 times
Oh heck no insane...no more than my not commiting adultery nor fornicating is

Old 11-04-2010, 09:40 PM

24,096 posts, read 32,443,737 times
I could say the same about the "Burger King McChristians" out there who have he Bible THERE way!
If you call yourself a Christian, where in the Bible did Jesus Christ preach against homoexuality?

It is you fundies who want to "have it your way."

Gay people are not having relations outside of marriage any more than heterosexual people are,
In fact, when one thinks about the fact that marriage as a legal institution is a societal costruct - not a biblical edict, I think that heterosexuals commit adultery far more frequently than do gay people, when one remembers that in most states gays can not marry.

BTW I am a heterosexual woman who has been married for over 20 years, and we are members of a mainline evangelical church. (ELCA)

But I am sure that some of you who attend megga McChuches housed in buildings that look like airplane hangers will say that I am not a Christian.

Old 11-05-2010, 03:08 AM

7,074 posts, read 12,341,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO Luv View Post
I beg to differ. One of my close friends who is gay, and has always been obviously gay, was once engaged to a woman for 8 years and had sex with her all the time. Before they were supposed to get married he called it off because he couldn't go on living a lie. I'm sure most people never think they'd consider cannibalism as a normal option, but in times of extreme circumstance you can make yourself do lots of things you wouldn't normally do. I think the same holds for gays who don't feel they can be open in the relationship they want so they go to extreme lengths to survive otherwise.
Hmmmmmmmm! Good point. I guess this preacher man's only sin was lying to his wife about being gay. Being gay is not a sin (but then again, I don't believe in sins anyway).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity