Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2010, 09:02 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,046 times

Advertisements

Romans 1 "Paul commendeth his calling to the Romans..."...

1 Paul a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be a Apostle, separated unto the Gospel of God,

2 (Which he had promised afore by his Prophets in the holy Scriptures,)

3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh,

4 And declared [determined] to be the Son of God, with power, according to the Spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead.

5 By Whom we have received grace and Apostleship for obedience to the faith [or to the obedience of faith] among all nations for His Name,

6 Among Whom are ye [the beloved of God who are called to be saints also the called of Jesus Christ.

7 To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be Saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

8 First I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all [the beloved of God, called to be Saints], that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.

...and his desire to come to them...

9 For God is my witness, Whom I serve with my spirit [or in my spirit] in the Gospel of His Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you [the beloved of God, who are called to be Saints], always in my prayers,

10 Making request, (if by any means now at length I might have a prosperous journey by the will of God) to come unto you [the beloved of God, called tobe Saints].

11 For I long to see you [the beloved of God, called to be Saints], that I may impart unto you [the beloved of God, called to be Saints] some spiritual gift, to the end you [the beloved of God, called to be Saints] may be established,

12 That is, that I may be comforted together with you [or in you] [the beloved of God, called to be Saints] , by the mutual faith both of you and me.

13 Now I should not have you [the beloved of God, called to be Saints] ignorant, brethren [only the beloved of God, called to be Saints], that oftentimes I purposed to come unto you, (but was let hitherto) that I might have some fruit among you [or, in you] also, even as among other Gentiles.

14 I am debtor both to Greeks, and to the Barbarians, both to the wise and the unwise.

15 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the Gospel to you [the beloved of God, called to be Saints] that are at Rome also.

...what his Gospel is, and the righteousness which it shows...

16 For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation, to everyone that believeth [not to those that do not], to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God reveiled from faith to faith: as it is written. *The just shall live by faith.

...God is angry with all manner of sin...

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from the heavens against all ungodliness, and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrightousness [or who have heard and know the truth but do not live it]

19 Because that which may be known of God, is manifest in them [or, to them] [the ungodly and the unrighteous], for God hath shown it to them [the ungodly and the unrighteous].

20 For the invisible things of him from the Creation of the world, are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal Power and Godhead, so that they [the ungodly and the unrighteous] are [or, that they may be] without excuse:

...what were the sins of the Gentiles...

21 Because that when they [the ungodly and the unrighteous] knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful, but became vain in their imagination, and their foolish heart was darkened:

22Professing themselves [the ungodly and the unrighteous] to be wise, they became fools:

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible *God, into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and four footed beasts, and creeping things:

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonor their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust towards another, men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain [or, to acknowledge, or, a mind void of judgement] God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not conveinent:

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetness, maliciousness, full of envie, murder, debate, deceit, malignity, whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents;

31Without understanding, covenant breakers [those who do not keep the Sabbath], implaceable, unmerciful;

32 Who knowing the judgement of God, (that they which commit such things, are worthy of death) not only do the same, but have pleasure in them [or, consent with them] that do them.

Romans 2 "Speaks to Those that sin, though they condemn it in others, cannot excuse themselves..."...

1 Herefore, thou [you who sin] art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou [you who sin] art that judgest: for wherein thou [you who sin] judgest another, thou [you who sin] condemnest thy self, for thou [you who sin] that judgest doest the same things.

2 But we are sure that the judgement of God is according to truth, against them which commit such things.

3 And thinkest thou [you who sin] this, O man, that judges them which do such things, and [you who sin] do the same, that thou [you
who sin] shalt escape the judgement of God???????????

4 Or despisest thou [you who sin] the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and long suffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth to repentance???????????

5 But after thy [you who sin] hardness, and impenitent heart, treasurest up unto thyself [you who sin] wrath, against the day of wrath, and revelation of the righteous judgement of God:

..."and much less escape the judgement of God..."...

6 WHO WILL RENDER TO EVERY MAN ACCORDING TO HIS DEEDS:

7 To them [who do not sin], who by patient continuance in well doing, seek for glory, and honor, and immortality...eternal life for them:

8 But unto them [you who sin] that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation, and wrath,

..."whether they be Jews or Gentiles..."...

9Tribulation, and anguish upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile [or, Greek]

10 But glory, honor, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also the Gentile [or, Greek]

11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

12 For as many as have sinned without Law, shall also perish without Law: and as many as have sinned in the Law, shall be judged by the Law.

13 (For not the hearers of the Law are just before God, but the DOERS of the Law shall be justified;

..."the Gentiles shall not escape..."...

14 For when the Gentiles [those who do not sin, who are grafted in as spiritual Israel...which have not the Law [as the Jews did, written upon their scrolls which they had access to, to read in their synagogues ] are just before God, do by nature the things contained in the Law: these having not the Law, are a Law unto themselves.

15 Which show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, [or, the conscience witnessing with them] and their thoughts the mean [or, between them] while accusing, or else excusing one another:

16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my Gospel.

...and we'll go forward to Romans 11..."God hath not cast off Israel..."...

1 Say then, Hath God cast away His people [the beloved of God, called to be Saints] ? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

2 God hath not cast away His people [the beloved of God, called to be saints] which He foreknew. Would ye not what the Scriptures say of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,

3 Lord, they have killed Thy Prophets, and digged down thine Altars, and I am left alone, and they seek my life.

4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to my self seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be works, then is it no more grace, otherwise work is no more work.

..."some were elected, though most were hardened..."...

7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for, but the election [the beloved of God, called to be Saints] hath obtained it, and the rest [those that sin] were blinded[or, hardened].

8 According as it is written, God hath given them [the blind and hardened , those who sin] the spirit of slumber [or, remorse]: eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear unto this day

9 And David saith, Let their [the blind and hardened, those who sin] table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumbling block, and a recompense unto them.

10 Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back always.

11 I say then; Have they [the blinded and hardened, those that sin] stumbled that they should fall? God forbid, But rather through their [the blind and hardened, those who sin] fall, salvation is come unto the Gentiles [the beloved of God, called to be Saints], for to provoke them [the blind and hardened, those who sin] to jealousy.

12 Now if the fall of them [the blind and hardened, those that sin] be the riches of the world, and the diminishing [or decay, or loss] of them [the blind and the hardened, those that sin], the riches of the Gentiles [the beloved of God, called to be Saints]: how much more their fullness?

13 For if I speak to you Gentiles [the beloved of God, called to be Saints], in as much as I am the Apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them [the blind and hardened, those who sin] which are my flesh, and might save some of them.

15 For if the casting away of them [the blinded and the hardened, those who sin] be the reconciling of the world: what shall the receiving of them [the beloved of God, called to be Saints] be, but life from the dead?

..."there is hope of their [the blind and the hardened, those who sin] conversion..."...

16 For if the first fruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.

17 And if some of the branches be broken off [the blinded and the hardened, those who sin], and thou [Gentiles, who are the beloved of God, called to be Saints] being a wild olive tree were grafted in amongst them [or, for them...the blinded and hardened, those who sin] and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the Olive tree:

..."the Gentiles may not insult them..."...

18 Boast not against the branches [God's chosen people, the Israelites]: but if thou boast, [remember] thou [the beloved of God, called to be Saints] bearest not the root, but the root thee.

19 Thou [the Gentiles who are the beloved of God, called to be Saints] wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.

20 Well: because of unbelief they [the blinded and hardened, those who sin] were broken off, and thou [Gentiles who are the beloved of God, called to be Saints] standest by faith. Be not high minded, but fear.

21 For if God spared not the natural branches [the Israelites who were blind and hardened, those who sin], take heed least He also spare not thee [Gentiles, spiritual Israel, the beloved of God, called to be Saints.]

22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God:onthem [the blind and hardened, those who sin] which fell, severity; but towards thee [Gentiles who are the beloved of God, called to be Saints], goodness, if!!! thou continue in His goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

23 And they [the blind, hardened Israelites, those who sin] also, if they bide not still in unbelief, shall be grafted in: for God is able to graft them in again.

24 For if thou[Gentiles who are the beloved of God, called to be Saints] were cut out of the Olive tree which is wild by nature, and were grafted contrary to nature into a good Olive tree: how much more shall these [the blind and hardened Israelites, those who sin] which be the natural branches, be grafted into their own Olive tree [if they repent and turn and believe and obey]?

25 For I would not, brethren [the beloved of God, called to be Saints], that ye should be ignorant of this mystery (least ye should be wise in your own conceits) that blindness [or, hardness] in part has happened to Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles be come in.

..."For there is a promise of their [Israel's] salvation...'...

26 And so all Israel [the beloved of God, called to be Saints, both them and the Gentiles "spiritual Israel" shall be saved, as it is written, There shall come out of Zion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob.

27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel. Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, only a remnant shall be saved.

28 As concerning the Gospel, they [Israel, those who are blind and hardened, those who sin] are enemies for your [Gentiles, beloved of God, called to be Saints] sake: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.

29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance [for the elect of the Israelites].

30 For as ye [Gentiles, who are now beloved of God, called to be Saints] in times past have not believed [or, obeyed] God, yet have now obtained mercy [because you have now turned from your sin] through their [the blind and hardened Israelites, those who sin] unbelief:

31 Even so have these [the blind and hardened Israelites, those who sin] also now not believed [or, obeyed], that through your [Gentiles who are beloved of God, called to be Saints] mercy they also may obtain mercy.

32 For God hath concluded them [the blind and hardened, those who sin] all in unbelief [or, shut them all up together], that He might have mercy upon all [who turn and believe in the Gospel of Jesus Christ].

..."God's judgements are unsearchable..."...

33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are His judgements, and His ways past finding out!

God Bless the reading of Your holy Word. Amen.

In Christ's love...and prayerfully in His truth,
Verna.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2010, 09:15 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Romans 1 "Paul commendeth his calling to the Romans..."...

1 Paul a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be a Apostle, separated unto the Gospel of God,

2 (Which he had promised afore by his Prophets in the holy Scriptures,)

3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh,

4 And declared [determined] to be the Son of God, with power, according to the Spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead.

5 By Whom we have received grace and Apostleship for obedience to the faith [or to the obedience of faith] among all nations for His Name,

6 Among Whom are ye [the beloved of God who are called to be saints also the called of Jesus Christ.

7 To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be Saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

8 First I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all [the beloved of God, called to be Saints], that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.

...and his desire to come to them...

9 For God is my witness, Whom I serve with my spirit [or in my spirit] in the Gospel of His Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you [the beloved of God, who are called to be Saints], always in my prayers,

10 Making request, (if by any means now at length I might have a prosperous journey by the will of God) to come unto you [the beloved of God, called tobe Saints].

11 For I long to see you [the beloved of God, called to be Saints], that I may impart unto you [the beloved of God, called to be Saints] some spiritual gift, to the end you [the beloved of God, called to be Saints] may be established,

12 That is, that I may be comforted together with you [or in you] [the beloved of God, called to be Saints] , by the mutual faith both of you and me.

13 Now I should not have you [the beloved of God, called to be Saints] ignorant, brethren [only the beloved of God, called to be Saints], that oftentimes I purposed to come unto you, (but was let hitherto) that I might have some fruit among you [or, in you] also, even as among other Gentiles.

14 I am debtor both to Greeks, and to the Barbarians, both to the wise and the unwise.

15 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the Gospel to you [the beloved of God, called to be Saints] that are at Rome also.

...what his Gospel is, and the righteousness which it shows...

16 For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation, to everyone that believeth [not to those that do not], to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God reveiled from faith to faith: as it is written. *The just shall live by faith.

...God is angry with all manner of sin...

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from the heavens against all ungodliness, and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrightousness [or who have heard and know the truth but do not live it]

19 Because that which may be known of God, is manifest in them [or, to them] [the ungodly and the unrighteous], for God hath shown it to them [the ungodly and the unrighteous].

20 For the invisible things of him from the Creation of the world, are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal Power and Godhead, so that they [the ungodly and the unrighteous] are [or, that they may be] without excuse:

...what were the sins of the Gentiles...

21 Because that when they [the ungodly and the unrighteous] knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful, but became vain in their imagination, and their foolish heart was darkened:

22Professing themselves [the ungodly and the unrighteous] to be wise, they became fools:

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible *God, into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and four footed beasts, and creeping things:

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonor their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust towards another, men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain [or, to acknowledge, or, a mind void of judgement] God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not conveinent:

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetness, maliciousness, full of envie, murder, debate, deceit, malignity, whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents;

31Without understanding, covenant breakers [those who do not keep the Sabbath], implaceable, unmerciful;

32 Who knowing the judgement of God, (that they which commit such things, are worthy of death) not only do the same, but have pleasure in them [or, consent with them] that do them.

Romans 2 "Speaks to Those that sin, though they condemn it in others, cannot excuse themselves..."...

1 Herefore, thou [you who sin] art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou [you who sin] art that judgest: for wherein thou [you who sin] judgest another, thou [you who sin] condemnest thy self, for thou [you who sin] that judgest doest the same things.

2 But we are sure that the judgement of God is according to truth, against them which commit such things.

3 And thinkest thou [you who sin] this, O man, that judges them which do such things, and [you who sin] do the same, that thou [you
who sin] shalt escape the judgement of God???????????

4 Or despisest thou [you who sin] the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and long suffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth to repentance???????????

5 But after thy [you who sin] hardness, and impenitent heart, treasurest up unto thyself [you who sin] wrath, against the day of wrath, and revelation of the righteous judgement of God:

..."and much less escape the judgement of God..."...

6 WHO WILL RENDER TO EVERY MAN ACCORDING TO HIS DEEDS:

7 To them [who do not sin], who by patient continuance in well doing, seek for glory, and honor, and immortality...eternal life for them:

8 But unto them [you who sin] that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation, and wrath,

..."whether they be Jews or Gentiles..."...

9Tribulation, and anguish upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile [or, Greek]

10 But glory, honor, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also the Gentile [or, Greek]

11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

12 For as many as have sinned without Law, shall also perish without Law: and as many as have sinned in the Law, shall be judged by the Law.

13 (For not the hearers of the Law are just before God, but the DOERS of the Law shall be justified;

..."the Gentiles shall not escape..."...

14 For when the Gentiles [those who do not sin, who are grafted in as spiritual Israel...which have not the Law [as the Jews did, written upon their scrolls which they had access to, to read in their synagogues ] are just before God, do by nature the things contained in the Law: these having not the Law, are a Law unto themselves.

15 Which show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, [or, the conscience witnessing with them] and their thoughts the mean [or, between them] while accusing, or else excusing one another:

16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my Gospel.

...and we'll go forward to Romans 11..."God hath not cast off Israel..."...

1 Say then, Hath God cast away His people [the beloved of God, called to be Saints] ? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

2 God hath not cast away His people [the beloved of God, called to be saints] which He foreknew. Would ye not what the Scriptures say of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,

3 Lord, they have killed Thy Prophets, and digged down thine Altars, and I am left alone, and they seek my life.

4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to my self seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be works, then is it no more grace, otherwise work is no more work.

..."some were elected, though most were hardened..."...

7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for, but the election [the beloved of God, called to be Saints] hath obtained it, and the rest [those that sin] were blinded[or, hardened].

8 According as it is written, God hath given them [the blind and hardened , those who sin] the spirit of slumber [or, remorse]: eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear unto this day

9 And David saith, Let their [the blind and hardened, those who sin] table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumbling block, and a recompense unto them.

10 Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back always.

11 I say then; Have they [the blinded and hardened, those that sin] stumbled that they should fall? God forbid, But rather through their [the blind and hardened, those who sin] fall, salvation is come unto the Gentiles [the beloved of God, called to be Saints], for to provoke them [the blind and hardened, those who sin] to jealousy.

12 Now if the fall of them [the blind and hardened, those that sin] be the riches of the world, and the diminishing [or decay, or loss] of them [the blind and the hardened, those that sin], the riches of the Gentiles [the beloved of God, called to be Saints]: how much more their fullness?

13 For if I speak to you Gentiles [the beloved of God, called to be Saints], in as much as I am the Apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them [the blind and hardened, those who sin] which are my flesh, and might save some of them.

15 For if the casting away of them [the blinded and the hardened, those who sin] be the reconciling of the world: what shall the receiving of them [the beloved of God, called to be Saints] be, but life from the dead?

..."there is hope of their [the blind and the hardened, those who sin] conversion..."...

16 For if the first fruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.

17 And if some of the branches be broken off [the blinded and the hardened, those who sin], and thou [Gentiles, who are the beloved of God, called to be Saints] being a wild olive tree were grafted in amongst them [or, for them...the blinded and hardened, those who sin] and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the Olive tree:

..."the Gentiles may not insult them..."...

18 Boast not against the branches [God's chosen people, the Israelites]: but if thou boast, [remember] thou [the beloved of God, called to be Saints] bearest not the root, but the root thee.

19 Thou [the Gentiles who are the beloved of God, called to be Saints] wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.

20 Well: because of unbelief they [the blinded and hardened, those who sin] were broken off, and thou [Gentiles who are the beloved of God, called to be Saints] standest by faith. Be not high minded, but fear.

21 For if God spared not the natural branches [the Israelites who were blind and hardened, those who sin], take heed least He also spare not thee [Gentiles, spiritual Israel, the beloved of God, called to be Saints.]

22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God:onthem [the blind and hardened, those who sin] which fell, severity; but towards thee [Gentiles who are the beloved of God, called to be Saints], goodness, if!!! thou continue in His goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

23 And they [the blind, hardened Israelites, those who sin] also, if they bide not still in unbelief, shall be grafted in: for God is able to graft them in again.

24 For if thou[Gentiles who are the beloved of God, called to be Saints] were cut out of the Olive tree which is wild by nature, and were grafted contrary to nature into a good Olive tree: how much more shall these [the blind and hardened Israelites, those who sin] which be the natural branches, be grafted into their own Olive tree [if they repent and turn and believe and obey]?

25 For I would not, brethren [the beloved of God, called to be Saints], that ye should be ignorant of this mystery (least ye should be wise in your own conceits) that blindness [or, hardness] in part has happened to Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles be come in.

..."For there is a promise of their [Israel's] salvation...'...

26 And so all Israel [the beloved of God, called to be Saints, both them and the Gentiles "spiritual Israel" shall be saved, as it is written, There shall come out of Zion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob.

27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel. Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, only a remnant shall be saved.

28 As concerning the Gospel, they [Israel, those who are blind and hardened, those who sin] are enemies for your [Gentiles, beloved of God, called to be Saints] sake: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.

29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance [for the elect of the Israelites].

30 For as ye [Gentiles, who are now beloved of God, called to be Saints] in times past have not believed [or, obeyed] God, yet have now obtained mercy [because you have now turned from your sin] through their [the blind and hardened Israelites, those who sin] unbelief:

31 Even so have these [the blind and hardened Israelites, those who sin] also now not believed [or, obeyed], that through your [Gentiles who are beloved of God, called to be Saints] mercy they also may obtain mercy.

32 For God hath concluded them [the blind and hardened, those who sin] all in unbelief [or, shut them all up together], that He might have mercy upon all [who turn and believe in the Gospel of Jesus Christ].

..."God's judgements are unsearchable..."...

33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are His judgements, and His ways past finding out!

God Bless the reading of Your holy Word. Amen.

In Christ's love...and prayerfully in His truth,
Verna.
Verna you wrote this not Paul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity