Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is it possible to be a disciple of Jesus without being saved?
Yes 7 21.21%
No 26 78.79%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 04:58 PM

277 posts, read 227,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Once Saved, Always Saved: Are all Disciples Saved?

Upon becoming a disciple of Jesus, is that person granted salvation at that moment in time? The Word declares that whosoever shall call upon the Lord shall be saved.

What does scripture say about that? Many of His followers left Him when they did not like His gospel:

Joh 6:66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

What does scripture say about 'following' Jesus:

Joh 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Pro 15:9 The way of the wicked is an abomination unto the LORD: but he loveth him that followeth after righteousness.

Go ahead and turn away from the gospel of Jesus Christ and see where you end up on Judgment day...

2Pe 2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment
delivered unto them

We are told to make our paths straight and turn not to the left or to the right..Because salvation is a state or condition we are in. It is a place we reside as followers of Jesus.
It is our 'dwelling place' in the Lord.

Psa 91:1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

Psa 69:29 But I am poor and sorrowful: let thy salvation, O God, set me up on high.

Eph 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

We are to remain in Him until the end:

1Jn 2:24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall
continue in the Son
, and in the Father.

Act 13:43 Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to
continue in the grace of God.

Rom 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness:
otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

1Ti 4:16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

Jesus is the way...If you turn from His way, you have left the path and are back in darkness...

TC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2014, 05:10 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times
Saved from what? At the very least God is the universe. Some religions say he is more. So we are saved from him? That makes no sense at all.

Old 08-31-2014, 05:20 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,631,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Where does it state that Judas Iscariot was lost?...Twelve Pillars will have the Twelve Names of the Disciples of Yeshua...
John 17:12
While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

Judas is referred to by Christ as the "son of Perdition". The Scriptures are quite clear on the eternal fate of Judas Iscariot.

Old 08-31-2014, 05:43 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,631,047 times
The Bible tells us all that are born again are adopted Sons of God. So was Judas Iscariot ever a Son? I think the answer is clear that he was not.

John 6:70
Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?

John 17:12
While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

He also was prior to the day of Pentecost in the giving of the Holy Spirit under the New Covenant. I think this is a significant point to keep in mind.

If one is born again by the Spirit of God / adopted Sons and Daughters of God, can they be forsaken due to being a disobedient child? Remember to rightly divide the Word of Truth distinguishing between the Old and New Covenant.

Old 05-01-2017, 11:17 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,162,246 times
Quote:
Where does it state that Judas Iscariot was lost?...Twelve Pillars will have the Twelve Names of the Disciples of Yeshua...
Judas was never a believer.........and was indwelt by Satan himself at the end.........

Old 05-01-2017, 11:20 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,162,246 times
It is possible to LOOK like a disciple and not be saved there will be many of those........but to truly be a spirit filled believer in the body of Christ guarantees you are saved for eternity and it can never be lost. To have the Spirit of God living in you means no man can take that away........the Spirit will power us throughout eternity

Old 05-01-2017, 12:39 PM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Once Saved, Always Saved: Are all Disciples Saved?

Upon becoming a disciple of Jesus, is that person granted salvation at that moment in time? The Word declares that whosoever shall call upon the Lord shall be saved.

I think the Lord put his law in the hearts of all men and we are ruled by conscience. I believe people who aren't even Christians are saved, God is an all merciful God just like Jonah knew, he knew God was going to forgive them no matter what. Even if nature comes out to kill whole nations, I don't think that means they are going to some hell to burn.

The idea should not be about who is saved and who is not saved, it should be about why the temple is in 3 sections if it shadows what the kingdom of heaven is.

There is a higher Zoe abundant life kingdom where only the minority reach, and then there is a lesser kingdom, and then there is the outer court of darkness, the outer court of Gentiles, and even these people are saved but they are the least in the kingdom of God. Jesus said that whoever keeps the laws and teaches the laws will be the greatest in the kingdom and this is the Zoe life in the Holy of Holies. { NOTE: The scriptures saying sexually immoral, liars, murderers, they are still saved and we can see them in Revelation, they don't get access to the city{BODY} but never the less, there they are. Just because you don't gain access to the higher Zoe Kingdom doesn't mean you go to hell, but not gaining this reward is like hell when people realize there is more than just salvation}

Then Jesus said that whoever doesn't keep the laws and teaches others not to keep the laws will be the least in the kingdom of heaven, and this is the outer court of Gentiles, people who are saved because of the alter of burnt offering sitting in that outer court, but they are people who never progressed from being a gentile to being one of God's people who are able to enter the temple proper itself.

Between the greatest in the kingdom of heaven and the least in the kingdom of heaven is another section of people who were able to enter into the Holy place where the bread of God is, and where the 7 spirits of God are in his menorah.

On Rosh Hashanah, 3 books come out because there are 3 sections and people find out where they stand on Rosh Hashanah.

1 Cor

The Resurrection Body

35But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come? 36Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die: 37And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain: 38But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body. 39All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds. 40There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another. 41There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.

The difference between the people counted in the two sections of the temple proper, and the people in the outer court is that the people in the outer court were building their house{body} on the wrong foundation and when every man's work will be tested by fire, their work is burned in the fire and BUT THEY THEMSELVES ARE SAVED, BUT ONLY AS ONE WHO HAS GONE THROUGH A FIRE.

Those people weep and gnash their teeth and they are sent to outer darkness and yet, they themselves are saved even after being ushered into the outer court.

I would say that God has fooled every one for good reason because some people really do need a fear of hell to make them half right, so that they at least try, but there are others who seek the kingdom because they love it.

The idea of hell with all it's scriptures is lost to the great majority, and it's meanings are learned in the feasts of God where we are people of the field, we have to learn how to be a farmer so that we can plant seeds and reap a harvest one after the other.

We are given the smallest seed of all when we have progressed from the first season to the second season at the feast of Tabernacles.

We pray for the rain of the feast of Tabernacles in order to receive the rain to fall on the seed we have been given, and if we do not pray for the rain of Tabernacles, we can't receive the rain, and if the rain does not fall on our seed, the seed can never die as a worm that will never die. The rain falls on a seed and it dies in order to bear fruit.

The rain of the feast of Tabernacles makes people immortal, they will be like gods walking the earth during a thousand year rule of the saints who received the rain of Sukkot and became immortal.

The people who receive the rain will rule the people who do not receive the rain.

Hell, it would seem, Hell is when you have been saved and even YOU have received a great blessing that you may live a thousand years.

But just imagine, you are going to live a thousand years in full health being a vibrant, extremely strong human being just as they lived in the days of Noah, and you should thank your lucky stars, weep and cry for joy because you have been saved, resurrected and are now in the kingdom of God during the thousand year rule.

That thousand rule is not a rule unless there is a people to rule, and some serve, some rule.

The people who received the rain on their seed, their seed died and they became immortal like walking lightning shining for all to see and know, and then there are all these other people who are weeping and crying because they did not obtain the prize and reward of the rule.

Their bodies are still like fire, like dust, and their seed did not die and bear fruit to make them immortal in immortal bodies, their WORM WILL NEVER DIE, THEIR FIRE WILL NEVER BE QUENCHED.

Within every one there is a fallen spirit, and with MANY scriptures, it concerns the taking of this fallen spirit where an angel comes and collects him to take him away from you at your death, he is no doubt going to hell but that doesn't mean you will.

The sons of lawlessness are within every one and this should be very evident because we are in a daily struggle between flesh and spirit.

The thing is, where hell is being spoken of concerning the sons of lawlessness in everyone, people who do not know that there is a lawless one in every one, they suppose this is speaking about people going to hell when it is not, it is often speaking about the fallen spirits of Adam within everyone, and how they go to hell.

YOU also will have to make your crossing over when you die, and it is then that Jesus comes to take you out of the water.

When you die, Messiah steps on your head and you split right in two like a sacrifice cut in half from his nose to his tail and God walks between the halves, EVERY ONE who dies will find themselves in the valley between the halves when the mount of Olives{YOU} is cleaved in two.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 05-01-2017 at 12:48 PM..

Old 05-01-2017, 02:23 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I think the Lord put his law in the hearts of all men and we are ruled by conscience.
Certainly, without doubt.

Old 05-01-2017, 02:45 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,803,606 times
Quote:
Richard do you remember someone asking me about what I thought of Yehu? הַשֶּׁמֶן
Think of a nest for the son of man to lay his head.
When he came, behold, the captains of the army were sitting, and he said, "I have a word for you, O captain." And Jehu said, "For which one of us?" And he said, "For you, O captain." 6He arose and went into the house, and he poured the oil on his head and said to him, "Thus says the LORD, the God of Israel, I have anointed you king over the people of the LORD, even over Israel.

30 pieces of silver I thought was pretty clear.
wages for 120 days?

There is plenty to explore.
16/48/120
120/48/2.5

Wasnt Judas always so concerned with monetary value?
Even to the point that he (???) over the ointment that was poured upon the feet of the Christ.

His heart was apparent and the rod of his anger failed.

Last edited by pinacled; 05-01-2017 at 03:15 PM..

Old 05-01-2017, 02:53 PM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
It's funny, I was just thinking of Judas earlier and wondering whether he was saved or not, I believe with all my heart that he was, and if he wasn't, there is sure going to be a lot of people following him for the same reason. Judas was part of the sacrifice in fulfilling the details of sacrifice as all the laws had to be fulfilled. John's head had to be viewed by the authorities and the intestines also MUST be viewed for intention. It wasn't a possibility of Judas hanging himself because the sacrifice could not have been strangled, but just the fact that he showed such remorse gives Judas great hope, I think all of us take the way of Judas in our lives, and what Judas did was certainly meant to be.

I would say,'' Saved.''

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 05-01-2017 at 03:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity