Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2016, 07:28 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times

Advertisements

Are Christians aware that hundreds of years before Jesus came on the scene there were Krishna "Bible-thumpers" going around spouting "You'd better accept Krishna as your Lord and savior or you will be condemned to hell for eternity"?

Quote:
Krishna is recognised as the Svayam Bhagavan in his own right or as the complete/absolute incarnation of Lord Vishnu, his father.
No different from the later Christian teaching that Jesus is the complete/absolute incarnation of God the Father.

Incredibly, it's true. Look:

Quote:
Krishna: I am the source of all spiritual and material worlds. Everything emanates from Me. The wise who perfectly know this engage in My devotional service and worship Me with all their hearts. I am the beginning, the middle and the end of all beings.
Bhagavad Gita10:8,20
Quote:
To those who are constantly devoted and worship Me with love, I give the understanding by which they can come to Me. BG 10:10
All this sound familiar? It should.

Quote:
I am the way, the truth and the light. No man can come to me except the Spirit draws him to me.
The Bhagavad Gita was written between 400 BCE and 200 CE. The earliest copy of a complete New Testament we have is in the Codex Sinaiticus compiled about 400 CE.

It's no secret that the gospel writers borrowed heavily from the Bhagavad Gita to shape their own beliefs about what Jesus purportedly said in the gospels.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2016, 08:06 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Are Christians aware that hundreds of years before Jesus came on the scene there were Krishna "Bible-thumpers" going around spouting "You'd better accept Krishna as your Lord and savior or you will be condemned to hell for eternity"?

No different from the later Christian teaching that Jesus is the complete/absolute incarnation of God the Father.

The Bhagavad Gita was written between 400 BCE and 200 CE. The earliest copy of a complete New Testament we have is in the Codex Sinaiticus compiled about 400 CE.

It's no secret that the gospel writers borrowed heavily from the Bhagavad Gita to shape their own beliefs about what Jesus purportedly said in the gospels.

How do you respond to the scholarly claim that the story of Jesus was borrowed from the Hindu Krishna? | Evidence for Christianity

Old 10-30-2016, 08:12 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:

Nonsense. At least 80% of the NT refers to the OT scriptures or expounds the principles therein. If anything was "borrowed" it was from the Jews. Peace

Old 10-30-2016, 08:13 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,638,088 times
ya...
Quote:

cool! 400BC does not predate the first prophecy of Christ, OT, but it is nice to see "works unto repentance" reflected in another monotheistic religion.

Old 10-30-2016, 08:15 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,638,088 times
wanna bite?

Old 10-30-2016, 08:24 PM

619 posts, read 311,813 times
Quote:

The man Yeshua makes none of those claims, (though mainstream Christianity says that he does), but rather the Son of Elohim makes those claims in the name of the Father. The man Yeshua comes in the name of the Father and the Son, (His Son is His Word), while Krishna comes in his own name claiming to be the source of all things, (at least according to what you have quoted in your post; "I am the source of all spiritual and material worlds. Everything emanates from Me."). What appears to have actually happened is that modern mainstream Christianity has turned the man Yeshua into a Krishna-like god, that is, the God-Man, (which is indeed what mainstream trinitarianism claims).

Old 10-30-2016, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daqq View Post
The man Yeshua makes none of those claims, (though mainstream Christianity says that he does), but rather the Son of Elohim makes those claims in the name of the Father. The man Yeshua comes in the name of the Father and the Son, (His Son is His Word), while Krishna comes in his own name claiming to be the source of all things, (at least according to what you have quoted in your post; "I am the source of all spiritual and material worlds. Everything emanates from Me."). What appears to have actually happened is that modern mainstream Christianity has turned the man Yeshua into a Krishna-like god, that is, the God-Man, (which is indeed what mainstream trinitarianism claims).

Thank you for that clarification. A blessing, as always, my friend. Peace

Old 10-30-2016, 09:00 PM

619 posts, read 311,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Thank you for that clarification. A blessing, as always, my friend. Peace
The man Yeshua was crucified in the third hour and Simon the father of Alexander and Rufus carried his stake or cross. The Son of Elohim was crucified the sixth hour and carried his own stake or cross, (the Spirit is willing but the flesh is weak). In the synoptic Gospel accounts we read primarily of the man Yeshua, (a son of Elohim), while in the so-called Gnostic Gospel of John, (so-called by Christian scholars themselves), we read of the Son of Elohim, (the Holy One who descended from the heavens in the somatiko-corporeal-bodily form of a dove at the immersion of the man Yeshua).

Peace indeed, friend,

Old 10-30-2016, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daqq View Post
The man Yeshua was crucified in the third hour and Simon the father of Alexander and Rufus carried his stake or cross. The Son of Elohim was crucified the sixth hour and carried his own stake or cross, (the Spirit is willing but the flesh is weak). In the synoptic Gospel accounts we read primarily of the man Yeshua, (a son of Elohim), while in the so-called Gnostic Gospel of John, (so-called by Christian scholars themselves), we read of the Son of Elohim, (the Holy One who descended from the heavens in the somatiko-corporeal-bodily form of a dove at the immersion of the man Yeshua).

Peace indeed, friend,

Amen, that was excellent. I know of the Seed Son, He who ascended is also He who first descended. Now I see why I've been called a gnostic before when I didn't even know what the word meant. Peace

Old 10-30-2016, 09:56 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Nonsense. At least 80% of the NT refers to the OT scriptures or expounds the principles therein. If anything was "borrowed" it was from the Jews. Peace
If Jesus was merely quoting Old Testament scriptures how could he institute a "new covenant" since everything out of the Old Testament represented the "old covenant"?

Sorry, most of what Jesus was saying is not found in the Old Testament. "I am the way, the truth and the life" is NOT found in the Old Testament but its seed IS found in the Bhagavad Gita. I just it showed you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity