Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 08:52 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,153,430 times

Advertisements

I am curious to what you all think this means. I personally have come to realize that it is now, not later. I have based this upon the Word and Spirit from Genesis, to Revelation.

But I wonder why so many are looking up, or here, or there, and wondering where the King is these days, while the devil has his way with the systems of this world.

Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, "The kingdom of God does not come with observation; "nor will they say, 'See here!' or 'See there!' For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you."

Now, this is about as cut and dry as it gets, but I am sure others will say something to the contrary. Some are looking for a 'rapture', or a second coming,,,but is this for the WHOLE world, or just for those who are seeking? Should we be looking up?

Why, though? This same 'within you', is also used one other time in this verse:

"Blind Pharisee, first cleanse the inside of the cup and dish, that the outside of them may be clean also.

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2010, 08:59 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
When a person surrenders his/her life to Christ (is saved) he enters the Kingdom Of God, and the Kingdom Of God in him/her. It is not heaven, or the 1000 year Kingdom, although you could say that they are also a part of it, or a continuation of it. When you are saved, you become an eternal part of the Kingdom Of God.

You enter into the Kingdon through the narrow gate, which is Christ/faith in Christ.

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

Old 11-20-2010, 09:25 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
I believe without doubt that the kingdom is within us , i pray to God who dwells in me, not outside of me, and fellowship with him there. I know this will not go down well with many , but i also believe the Kingdom of God is within all of us(unbelievers too), and when the good news is shared it speaks to the kingdom within the hearer.This too is why i do not have the slighest problem with all this nonsense about sin, the kingdom of God within me see's beyond the sin in another and speaks directly to the kingdom of God within the hearer.

Last edited by pcamps; 11-20-2010 at 09:52 AM..

Old 11-20-2010, 01:33 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,367,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
I am curious to what you all think this means. I personally have come to realize that it is now, not later. I have based this upon the Word and Spirit from Genesis, to Revelation.

But I wonder why so many are looking up, or here, or there, and wondering where the King is these days, while the devil has his way with the systems of this world.

Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, "The kingdom of God does not come with observation; "nor will they say, 'See here!' or 'See there!' For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you."

Now, this is about as cut and dry as it gets, but I am sure others will say something to the contrary. Some are looking for a 'rapture', or a second coming,,,but is this for the WHOLE world, or just for those who are seeking? Should we be looking up?

Why, though? This same 'within you', is also used one other time in this verse:

"Blind Pharisee, first cleanse the inside of the cup and dish, that the outside of them may be clean also.

Thoughts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I believe without doubt that the kingdom is within us , i pray to God who dwells in me, not outside of me, and fellowship with him there. I know this will not go down well with many , but i also believe the Kingdom of God is within all of us(unbelievers too), and when the good news is shared it speaks to the kingdom within the hearer.This too is why i do not have the slighest problem with all this nonsense about sin, the kingdom of God within me see's beyond the sin in another and speaks directly to the kingdom of God within the hearer.
Absolutely beautiful thread, Hot!
God is interested in man's heart, and He knows it well.

The way we know if we are in the Kingdom already is by the fruit we manifest: Love, Goodness, Kindness, Mercy, Peace, Joy... If we are manifesting the fruits, we are walking in the Kingdom.

Mankind indeed seeks after this Kingdom, and yet preachers who are full of words but empty of mercy and good fruits blind their followers with eloquent sermons and talking of a God that is "out there," a heaven that is "somewhere else" and the like, which they have never seen or known, and thereby they become clouds without rain, prophets who run without being sent.

Jesus told us that if we are persecuted for righteousness sake, we are children of heaven! Doing righteousness is not bound to religious circles, and neither is God.
I see that there are those who do righteously, such as in various peacemaker groups, (Amnesty International is an example), who are not considered "Christian" by the world, but they are righteous because they seek to do what is Truthful and Right; of course, not "all" individuals in these groups necessarily seek to do this. Still, "better a pagan who does righteously than a Christian who does not."
We need to judge by what comes from the heart, not simply from what comes from the mouth.

Blessings!
Brian

Old 11-20-2010, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Absolutely beautiful thread, Hot!
God is interested in man's heart, and He knows it well.

The way we know if we are in the Kingdom already is by the fruit we manifest: Love, Goodness, Kindness, Mercy, Peace, Joy... If we are manifesting the fruits, we are walking in the Kingdom.

Mankind indeed seeks after this Kingdom, and yet preachers who are full of words but empty of mercy and good fruits blind their followers with eloquent sermons and talking of a God that is "out there," a heaven that is "somewhere else" and the like, which they have never seen or known, and thereby they become clouds without rain, prophets who run without being sent.

Jesus told us that if we are persecuted for righteousness sake, we are children of heaven! Doing righteousness is not bound to religious circles, and neither is God.
I see that there are those who do righteously, such as in various peacemaker groups, (Amnesty International is an example), who are not considered "Christian" by the world, but they are righteous because they seek to do what is Truthful and Right; of course, not "all" individuals in these groups necessarily seek to do this. Still, "better a pagan who does righteously than a Christian who does not."
We need to judge by what comes from the heart, not simply from what comes from the mouth.

Blessings!
Brian
The Bible says that Christ is the only way, so I'd have to disagree with your works-based statement "better a pagan who does righteously than a Christian who does not."

Jesus established Kingdom of God on earth, and everyone who believes in Him will enter, but without faith no one can enter.

Old 11-20-2010, 05:05 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,014,164 times
The kingdom of God is for those people who need the Lord and wait for HIS lead....... Matthew 5: 3........ there are people who turn to the Lord and get into self determination and miss the greater plan of the Lord and plan their own plan and constantly take up alot of the Lord time and doing the Work of Christ the hard way, because the lead in the spirit is like a medal lead in their pockets and they do not wait on the Lord and ask for his better plan for thing to go better because Jesus can be involved in the work as well that Jesus need done or people have issuse that Jesus can correct easier than man with a better advantange for believers who wait of the Lord....

Old 11-20-2010, 05:06 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The Bible says that Christ is the only way, so I'd have to disagree with your works-based statement "better a pagan who does righteously than a Christian who does not."

Jesus established Kingdom of God on earth, and everyone who believes in Him will enter, but without faith no one can enter.
Could you paint a picture of this Kingdom?

Old 11-20-2010, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Could you paint a picture of this Kingdom?

I just painted it on the monitor. Can you see it?

Old 11-20-2010, 05:18 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,434,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post

Old 11-20-2010, 05:24 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,829,894 times
The Kingdom of God ... is where God dwells in the person and presence of His indwelling Holy Spirit. That kingdom is not 'bound' by physical bodies or geographical limitations - but, like God, is also infinite and eternal... even though the Holy Spirit temporarily resides in our 'earthly temple'.

While it sounds like conjecture, the Kingdom both exists within believers ... while believers also exist within God's Kingdom. The Kingdom of God is not an earthly concept, or understood by our natural senses. But, it is perhaps similar to eternal life. One receives eternal life when they are 'born again' ... but, we all know that life in this world is temporary ... Even though believers have eternal life, we also continue to live in this world for awhile
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity