Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 03:05 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Then you miss my point. Some here are deliberatly despising God's seriousness about unbelief. Leaving the unbeliever with the notion that when if they reject the good news that there is no eternal consequence is actually hateful
Twin..... God was absolutely serious about unbelief

Infact so much so he bound us all over to it, that he might have mercy on all.
Romans 11:32
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2010, 03:06 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,490,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Have you heard the good news ? God was in Christ reconciling the world to himself, not counting men's sins against them .
Yes. Nor do I despise God when the unbeliever rejects the good news, that God damns them.

Maybe if more OP's and posts were not shrouds of sarcasim about God's justice maybe there would be less conversations for hilgi to be worried about.

Old 11-20-2010, 03:09 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
That is eactly my point, some of you get way more excited and intersted in talking about the wrath of God as opposed to what Jesus did on the cross.
Unless I am mistaken, the point of the thread is to say that one should rejoice everything the Bible mentions. If you believe hell exists, then that should somehow mean that one rejoices in hell. I believe that is the argument here. If you apply it to hell, it is only logical to apply the same logic to other parts of the Bible, like the flood and destruction of Sodom. If you believe those events took place, then should that mean that you rejoice in them?

Or are you saying that:

1. You do not believe in the flood, Sodom, plagues etc
2. You believe it, but do not rejoice in them
3. You believe them and rejoice in the thought of the deaths

I said earlier I rejoice "THE TRUTH", the core teaching which says people are saved by faith in Christ. There are other truths in the Bible, like the flood etc which are historical facts, hence true, but I do not agree that acceping them as truths means that I rejoice in the thought of millions people dying in the flood.

"Rejoice in the truth" to me means the truth about the good news.

Old 11-20-2010, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Yes. Nor do I despise God when the unbeliever rejects the good news, that God damns them.

Maybe if more OP's and posts were not shrouds of sarcasim about God's justice maybe there would be less conversations for hilgi to be worried about.
Twin

No sarcasm about the justice of God, the justice of God is perfect. Unfortunately for some justice means the exact opposite to what it means.

Jesus said you have neglected the weighter matters of the law and along with mercy and faithfulness justice was mightly neglected too. What kind of justice do you think Jesus was talking about here ?. Punishing folk ?

If you had eyes to see , you would see it was justice for them that were and are held captive by the teachings of men.

Old 11-20-2010, 03:16 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,490,212 times
Quote:
Twin..... God was absolutely serious about unbelief

Infact so much so he bound us all over to it, that he might have mercy on all.
Romans 11:32

God is serious about those who believe in his mercy and about those who reject his mercy

Matthew 25:46
And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal

John 3:36
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.

Matthew 25:41
Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

2 Thessalonians 1:9
They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might

.Paul in Romans 11:32 is addressing this to believers, while Paul in 2 Thessalonians 1:9 is addressing this to unbelievers.

Old 11-20-2010, 03:17 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Jesus said you have neglected the weighter matters of the law and along with mercy and faithfulness justice was mightly neglected too. What kind of justice do you think Jesus was talking about here ?. Punishing folk ?
Ehem...you started this thread, and brought up ET in your opening statement

Old 11-20-2010, 03:40 PM

Twin you are preaching from the abundance of your heart, this is why you continually preach negatively about fallen man, and this is why what you preach as zero effectiveness .
Here is the scripture to prove this, it's Philemon 1 and verse 6

That the communication of your faith(yours and mine) may become effectual, by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.

Paul said in Ephesians 1 verse 3, Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms(not somewhere in the sky),with every spiritual blessing in Christ.

You see Twin, the "every spiritual blessing" we possess in Christ is what we take to the world and bless it with,a good man out of the good treasure(spiritual blessings) of the heart brings good things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity