Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 07:40 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,834,343 times

Advertisements

We all experience it in one form or another, Hate. Wheather small or large Hate is found in many disguises such as tolerance, political corretness, simple disagreements. We share the Word and we are labeled Haters. We share the Word and we are called intolerant. We share the Word and we are called many hateful names. You know Jesus warned us this and we experience it everyday. "Go and sin no more" we proclaim and in responce we are told "Judge ye not".

I try very hard to share the Word without my personal opinion but it is hard because many want to question my motif so I give my opinion and the I am attacked for my opinion.

Read the words of Christ, you know the red lettered word in your Bible and see just how torerant Jesus was. You may be surprised at just how intolerant He was and is. Before you attack, know the words of Christ because you are not attacking the person but Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2010, 07:47 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,127,387 times
I think the best way to proceed is to follow Jesus commands:

Love God
Love your neighbor
Love your enemy

You know, LOVE: a.k.a. being patient, kind, forgiving, protecting, hoping, not delighting in evil, rejoicing in the truth, persevering, enduring, and not giving up.

And trust God that He can work things out.

Old 12-02-2010, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
I think the best way to proceed is to follow Jesus commands:

Love God
Love your neighbor
Love your enemy

You know, LOVE: a.k.a. being patient, kind, forgiving, protecting, hoping, not delighting in evil, rejoicing in the truth, persevering, enduring, and not giving up.

And trust God that He can work things out.
Thank you.

Old 12-02-2010, 07:58 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,127,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Thank you.
Your welcome.

Old 12-02-2010, 07:58 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,620,576 times
That's why there's that phrase "don't shoot the messenger".......because that's exactly what happens sometimes when sharing the gospel. But the message must be filled with love and compassion, not judgmental threats of an imaginary hell. No one wants to hear that, and besides it's not even the truth. As Legoman said, trust God that HE can work things out.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:57 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,695,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
We all experience it in one form or another, Hate. Wheather small or large Hate is found in many disguises such as tolerance, political corretness, simple disagreements. We share the Word and we are labeled Haters. We share the Word and we are called intolerant. We share the Word and we are called many hateful names. You know Jesus warned us this and we experience it everyday. "Go and sin no more" we proclaim and in responce we are told "Judge ye not".

I try very hard to share the Word without my personal opinion but it is hard because many want to question my motif so I give my opinion and the I am attacked for my opinion.

Read the words of Christ, you know the red lettered word in your Bible and see just how torerant Jesus was. You may be surprised at just how intolerant He was and is. Before you attack, know the words of Christ because you are not attacking the person but Christ.
Amen.... this is so true !!

Proverbs 17:15
He who justifies the wicked, and he who condemns the just, Both of them alike are an abomination to the LORD.

I have read many times some justifying the wicked and condemning those who are justified in the eyes of the Lord for standing up in the truth of God's word !!

Of course Jesus said,
John 15:20
Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will keep yours also.

For those who condemn other's.....

Job 15:6
Your own mouth condemns you, and not I; Yes, your own lips testify against you.

Our Lord God will take care of those who bring harm to the Godly.....
Deuteronomy 30:7
“Also the LORD your God will put all these curses on your enemies and on those who hate you, who persecuted you.

Hopefully they will repent and make a sincere restitution too those they have spoke and done evil too !!!

Old 12-02-2010, 09:33 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,002,760 times
Robin are you sure you are trying to share or is it that in your sharing you are telling grown folks what to believe or not to believe or to believe what YOU think they should be believing? Lots of people 'HATE' that, I'm sure, including you.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
That's why there's that phrase "don't shoot the messenger".......because that's exactly what happens sometimes when sharing the gospel. But the message must be filled with love and compassion, not judgmental threats of an imaginary hell. No one wants to hear that, and besides it's not even the truth. As Legoman said, trust God that HE can work things out.
You know I respect your opinion so what does Jesus say on the subject of hell or remotely resembling hell. Remeber His words.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Robin are you sure you are trying to share or is it that in your sharing you are telling grown folks what to believe or not to believe or to believe what YOU think they should be believing? Lots of people 'HATE' that, I'm sure, including you.
I see what you are saying and I am sure we all get forceful from time to time when sharing what we believe good or bad. This is why I am trying to focus on Christs words, the red lettered words of the Bible. Thank you for your input.

Old 12-02-2010, 11:45 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,965,519 times
The first thing I recommend before sharing Gods word with the world and the people within is making sure that we understand what the bible is saying ourselves. So many in todays religous world is confused about the context of the scriptures that they are quoting and is giving their own or their denominational interpretation of what the bible says and that can lead to problems.

Second we need to be prayerful about our study. We cant go around beating people over the head with a bible and not be in relationship with Christ. People can pickup on that before we open our mouths.

And finally, share the word out of love. Too many share religion out of pride and when the world rejects them thay feel devastated. These are the ones that get into religous arguments and get their feelings hurt.

The bottom line is be sound in the faith!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity