Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 12:56 PM

1,867 posts, read 1,524,459 times

Advertisements

Obviously the bible book---------Romans 3:1-4.

Knowing people are college graduates does not tell you whether they are a criminal or not------1 Thess. 5:12.

Knowing people are great musicians does not tell you whether they are a great parent or not-----1 Thess. 5:12.

Knowing people are sociable with everybody does not tell you whether their a great spouse or not----1 Thess. 5:12

Knowing people are fun to be around does not tell you how people fall out when their angry----1 Thess. 5:12

Knowing people are peaceful does not tell you whether their phony and cowards or not----James 3:2 and 1 Thess 5:12

Knowing people are merciful does not tell whether they believe
James 5:20 or not-------1 Thess. 5:12

knowing people are grace believers does not tell you whether they believe
Romans 6:1 or not-----1 Thess. 5:12

Believing 90% of the bible does not tell you if people are believers or
not------John 8:31 and 1 Thess. 5:12

Excuses about bible ignorance does not tell you if people believe
James 1:5 and 1 John 2:27 or not-------1 Thess. 5:12

Knowing people hate conflict does not tell if they believe James 3:2 or
not------1 Thess. 5:12 and Titus 3:10.

Knowing people like to be well liked does not tell you if they believe
Matthew 10:22 and Luke 6:26 today-----1 Thess. 5:12 and Amos 3:3.

Knowing people are grace believers does not tell you if they really are a believer or not-----Romans 6:15 and John 8:31 and 1 Thess. 5:12 again.

Knowing people fill up buildings does not tell you if their a believer or not enough----Titus 3:10 and 2 Cor. 6 and Amos 3:3 and Psalms 133:1 and
John 17 and Matthew 5:6 and 1 Thess. 5;12.

Knowing people gave up a few bad habits does not tell if their are a believer or not enough-----John 8:31 and 1 Thess. 5:12.

Knowing people believe in a heaven doesn't tell you if they are a believer or not enough----John 8:44 and 1 Thess. 5:12.

Knowing people are gifted does not tell you if their a believer enough
today---Romans 11:29 and ALL of 1 Cor. 14 and 1 Thess. 5:12.

Knowing people get offended does not tell you if they are a believer or
not-----John 8:44 and 1 Thess. 5:12 and James 5:20.

Being humble all the time does not tell if somebody a believer enough
today----Luke 6:26 and Matthew 10:22 and 1 Thess. 5:12

Finding people to do meetings with in the name of God all the time does not tell you if they a believer or not----Amos 3:3 and 1 Thess. 5:12
and 2 Cor. 6.

Finding philosophers that want to do meetings with us in the name of God all the time does not tell us if their Christians or not---1 Peter 1:20-21
and Colossians 2:8 and 1 Thess. 5:12 AGAIN as well as Amos 3:3 and
2 Cor. 6 and Psalms 133:1, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2010, 01:05 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,829,894 times
Tony, Tony, Tony ... From your profile, it appears that you have started almost 109 threads in the "Christian" forum ... and all seem to follow a single-minded obsession to prove or disprove something (?) about Christians, the Bible or God -

Your threads all seem to rely on exhaustive lists of Bible verses and/or philosophical questions/points(?), without ever making or focusing on a single, coherent question or point. As evidenced by the very limited number of confused responses you get, and my own confusion, I'm wondering if you might not want to consider re-thinking or at least 'thinking-out' your agenda.

For example: Are you a Christian who is awkwardly trying to lead others to some type of revelation about faith, God and the Bible; ... OR, Are you a non-Christian, who has discovered that keyword searches of the Bible produce lists of verses that you are trying to use to mount an attack against Christians and the Bible? --- The fact that even that basic question is unclear to others from your posts, should tell you something about how your threads are coming across.

In any case, I'm not trying to attack or challenge you, but just to give you some insight into how others (at least myself) are viewing your posts.
By the way, nice pic on your profile.
JohnJohnJohn

Old 12-05-2010, 01:17 PM

738 posts, read 1,884,196 times

“Enter through the narrow gate For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life and only a few find it.”—Matthew 7:13 & 14

Be careful of false prophets. They come to you looking gentle like sheep but they are really dangerous like wolves. ----Matthew 7:15

“Not everyone who calls me ‘Lord, Lord’ will enter the Kingdom of heaven, but only those who do what my Father in heaven wants them to do.” ---- Matthew 7:21

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.”—2 Timothy 3:16

“A good tree produces good fruit and a bad tree produces bad fruit. A good tree cannot produce bad fruit and a bad tree cannot produce good fruit.” Matthew 7:17 & 18

Freewill and personal choice.
It is nobody's fault but mine

Old 12-08-2010, 05:54 PM

1,867 posts, read 1,524,459 times
Default About The Mission or The Purpose Here

Sticking out my chest with facts or memory of the bible is not the passion behind what's written.

The passion behind my writings here is real simple:

Find people that are John 8:31 people with anything in the bible book.

Did I say anything in the bible ?
That mean :
John 3:5
Hebrews 4
Romans 7:2-3
Romans 6:1
1 John 2:27
1 Peter 1:20-21
James 5:20
Mark 16:16
James 1:5
Titus 3:10
Amos 3:3

I'm not interested in excuses why people feel overwhelmed with enough of the bible----Titus 3:10 and 1 John 2:27 and John 14:26 and 2 Tim 2:15
and James 1:5.

Either your a child of God hearing him in the book enough
or your not----2 Cor. 4:3.

Children of God have passion to know their kind in the Lord
today----Psalms 133:1 and John 17 and 1 Thess. 5:12 and Matthew 5:6.

No apology for calling some people what they are-----John 8:44.

No apology for segregation if the bible doesn't---2 Cor. 6:14-17

Certainly more to a John 8:31 person then believing in
grace------Romans 6:1 and Romans 6:15 and John 5:39.

More to it then forming a few Godly habits---John 8:31.

More to it then breaking a few ungodly habits---John 8:31.

More to church then nice people coming together that believe
in grace to be saved----John 8:31 and John 17.

More to Christianity then good old common sense---Matthew 4:4
and John 5:39 and Matthew 5:19-20 and Romans 10:2-3.

Can't talk about a John 8:31 person without talking about a
100% bible believer------John 5:39 and 2 Timothy 3:16.

Can't talk about a church of God enough without all the bible getting into the discussion enough----Matthew 5:6 and 2 Timothy 3:16 and
John 8:31 and 1 Thess. 5:12

Can't know people in the Lord enough without all the bible to do it
today-----1 Thess. 5:12 and John 8:31

Can't call anybody a child of God for sure without all the bible to do it
today----John 8:31 and John 5:39 and 1 Thess. 5:12

Can't do meetings with anybody saying they a Christian
today----2 Cor. 6:14-17 and Amos 3:3

Can't do church meetings with anybody preaching about
grace today----Romans 6:1 and John 8:31

Clearly the heart of the matter is the purpose in all the writings I do.

Never just nice people together but John 8:31 people together ONLY.

That's church ONLY----Amos 3:3 and John 17 and Matthew 5:6.

Never just grace advocates together but John 8:31 people together
ONLY.

John 8:31 people are always 100% bible believers----Amos 3:3.

100% bible believers are never disagreeing on anything in the bible too
long-----Titus 3:10 and 1 Peter 1:20-21 and Amos 3:3 and
Psalms 133:1.

The Holy Spirit talk the same to all believers-----John 6:63 and
Romans 10:17 and 1 Peter 1:20-21.

The Holy Spirit is never a philosophical doctrine by man---Colossians 2:8.

The bible or Holy Spirit is the same thing all the time---John 6:63.

Nothing in the bible is a man made doctrine----2 Timothy 3:16.

Just carnal people in error with the bible some places---2 Timothy 2:15.

Nothing in the bible says you need a big shot all the time with the bible
anywhere-----John 14:26 and 1 John 2:26 and James 1:5.

Only children of the devil have to do this---2 Cor. 4:3.

No book is smarter then the Holy Spirit or the bible talking--1 Cor. 1:25.

Never can be smarter then the Holy Spirit or the bible talking
ever---Isaiah 64:6 and Psalms 8:4.

No man is ever smarter then God talking in the bible anywhere
today----Matthew 5:17 and Isaiah 64:6 and Psalms 8:4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Tony, Tony, Tony ... From your profile, it appears that you have started almost 109 threads in the "Christian" forum ... and all seem to follow a single-minded obsession to prove or disprove something (?) about Christians, the Bible or God -

Your threads all seem to rely on exhaustive lists of Bible verses and/or philosophical questions/points(?), without ever making or focusing on a single, coherent question or point. As evidenced by the very limited number of confused responses you get, and my own confusion, I'm wondering if you might not want to consider re-thinking or at least 'thinking-out' your agenda.

For example: Are you a Christian who is awkwardly trying to lead others to some type of revelation about faith, God and the Bible; ... OR, Are you a non-Christian, who has discovered that keyword searches of the Bible produce lists of verses that you are trying to use to mount an attack against Christians and the Bible? --- The fact that even that basic question is unclear to others from your posts, should tell you something about how your threads are coming across.

In any case, I'm not trying to attack or challenge you, but just to give you some insight into how others (at least myself) are viewing your posts.
By the way, nice pic on your profile.
JohnJohnJohn

Old 12-08-2010, 06:48 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
The answer to this TonyX3 is quite simple.

Once you,like the rest of us were alienated from God and were enemies in our minds because of our evil behavior. Colossians 1 verse 21.

Old 12-08-2010, 09:05 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,834,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytonytony View Post

Knowing people are college graduates does not tell you whether they are a criminal or not------1 Thess. 5:12.

Knowing people are great musicians does not tell you whether they are a great parent or not-----1 Thess. 5:12.

Knowing people are sociable with everybody does not tell you whether their a great spouse or not----1 Thess. 5:12

Knowing people are fun to be around does not tell you how people fall out when their angry----1 Thess. 5:12

Knowing people are peaceful does not tell you whether their phony and cowards or not----James 3:2 and 1 Thess 5:12

Knowing people are grace believers does not tell you if they really are a believer or not-----Romans 6:15 and John 8:31 and 1 Thess. 5:12 again.

Knowing people fill up buildings does not tell you if their a believer or not enough----Titus 3:10 and 2 Cor. 6 and Amos 3:3 and Psalms 133:1 and

Knowing people gave up a few bad habits does not tell if their are a believer or not enough-----John 8:31 and 1 Thess. 5:12.

Knowing people believe in a heaven doesn't tell you if they are a believer or not enough----John 8:44 and 1 Thess. 5:12.

Finding people to do meetings with in the name of God all the time does not tell you if they a believer or not----Amos 3:3 and 1 Thess. 5:12
and 2 Cor. 6.

Finding philosophers that want to do meetings with us in the name of God all the time does not tell us if their Christians or not---1 Peter 1:20-21
You shall know them by their fruit.

An unbeliever can fake belief but the truth will soon be revealed by behavior.

A person is against murder yet supports abortion, bad fruit. You can use similar situations to see what is in their heart. Personally I hate liars because I was one before I was saved.

Old 12-09-2010, 10:07 AM

312 posts, read 867,842 times
SO many things shape a person... their background, genetics, environment, medications... you name it.

Faith is not a possession of all people (but that can change although some never have it) and it does take faith to approach God. But ignorance is a possession of many of us at one time or another in our lives as imperfect humans. Being ignorant of what God wants us to know/do is ignorance from lack of knowledge. Lack of accurate knowledge of the Bible.

Old 12-09-2010, 10:24 AM

7,076 posts, read 12,345,554 times
What Makes An Unbeliever What They Are ??

I was first taught about Jesus/God in Catholic school. Once I found out that all "Gods" in history were people (usually men) I knew from then on that I was an atheist at heart.

Now, there is IMO a chance that some kind of supreme benevolent force in the universe does exists. If one wishes, they could call this force "God". Still, the "man in the sky" God just doesn't do it for me. If there are actual men/women in the sky, they are extraterrestrials in my book (not "Gods").

Old 12-10-2010, 02:51 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,829,894 times
Default What makes an Unbeliever What they are??

(Beyond the initial obscure approach of this post), the question is a good one. There is NOTHING that makes an unbeliever, except denying God's truth! -- All are born and live their lives to the point of their conversion and Spiritual rebirth, as unbelievers! When/if a person does believe and is 'born again' to Spiritual life, they enter God's Kingdom as babies,... regardless of their age at the time. I've had the privilege of leading 90-year old unbelievers to Christ ... and even at that age, they became new, 'reborn babies' in Christ!

A similar question is: "What does a person have to do to be lost for all eternity?" -- The answer is: "Absolutely Nothing!"

Of course, those who have not been 'born again' in God's Holy Spirit fret and fume and come-up with all kinds of attacks to explain "what they don't understand" or to categorically declare it all 'foolishness.' But, what else can they do ... besides believe? When a person 'believes' later in life, their observation in 98% of the cases is, "I have no idea what took me so long to recognize such an obvious truth!"

Thank God, He is a God of infinite grace and love ... and He doesn't give-up on the unregenerate lost, like other people often do. In any case, "What makes a person NOT believe any truth?" -- They simply don't believe it! -- However, God's truth goes beyond that ... God has created every person with an INBORN knowledge of His eternal power and deity ... so that those who suppress that truth, are without excuse.

In other words; and this is important to understand, NOBODY will one day stand before Almighty God and be able to say, "I didn't know" -- Instead, "Every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord"

Old 12-10-2010, 03:09 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,029,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytonytony View Post

and 2 Cor. 6.

Tonytonytony, the only way anyone can believe is if God gives them belief. There is no other way to believe. And to tell who does believe it is those that LOVE their enemies above themselves. That rules out the majority of those that proclaim to be Christians and a great many of everyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity