Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2010, 11:45 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,762,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
You call me a Pharisee while bashing me for my beliefs? You are the hypocrite.

And now I am a fundy? Dude, you are too funny. You are the exact representation of what I HATE about Christianity, and if you were the ONLY model to follow, I would have to renounce my faith.

You preach all this lovey dovey crap, while spewing vomit out of your mouth. You are the BIGGEST hypocrite of all. You cannot even practice the very doctrine you believe in. For shame.
We are all hypocrites, some are just honest about it. And some more than others ...

One of the greatest hypocrisies of all is the false doctrine that teaches God hates his enemies. A doctrine which makes both Christ and the father out to be the greatest hypocrites of all ...

All your anger and hate and your vindictive and vengeful words and feelings, just let them out ... Let that spirit of malevolence manifest through your words and through your professed hope for and faith in the annihilation of most of humanity, as you believe it to be well deserved and justified and glorious ...

Who are the real bad guys?

The ones who hope for and believe in the everlasting destruction of most of humanity, and think that it is a good thing(divine justice) ?

Or the ones who hope and believe in the eventual restoration of all people to God in the end?

The devil appears as an angel of light, a wolf who wears sheep's clothing while the whole time working in cahoots with the hireling shepherds, using threats of violence and condemnation to psychologically and spiritually abuse their theological detractors into subservience and agreement, and all those who disagree with their world views.

All the while thinking themselves better than the sinners and unbelievers around them, looking down their noses at them and believing in their hearts that the suffering and destruction of most of humanity is not only well deserved and justified but that it somehow glorifies God ...

And their not even willing to give God the glory for his work in their life which caused them to repent and believe and to come to a knowledge of the truth. Boasting that it was they who chose God, and not he who chose them. Denying that it was God who gave them repentance and faith to believe, but taking credit for their own wisdom and righteousness in their free will choice to repent and have faith and believe and thus earn their salvation, the opportunity only for which Christ provided.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2010, 11:46 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,698,675 times
thrillobyte,

1 Corinthians 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion but of peace.

God Bless....

Old 12-08-2010, 11:55 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Death reigns until men no longer eat from the tree of good and evil.

Old 12-09-2010, 06:21 AM

351 posts, read 355,267 times
Reading all these back and forth about UR and ET I have noticed one thing that sticks out. I don't think we are talking about the same thing. When Finn_Jarber and HotinAZ talk about the narrow bridge and the door that will not open to all and some will be destroyed(or lost drpending on translation) this is refering to Jesus' Elect, Many are called few are chosen. These are the ones that will rule with him in his Kingdom and Judge the angels and the rest of mandking. They come up in the first (other than Christ ressurection) resserection. The rest of mankind will come up in the culmunation and be judge, repent and be cleansed. and when Christ is finished and the last enemy is put under his feet(Death) he will turn it over the God the Father who will be all in all.These passages do not refer to the end of man but one odf the stages of God's plan for the Creating of Mankind in his image.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:24 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Hi Finn,
Here are my thoughts:

My guess would be those who did not love, yet clubbed others over the head with religion, fear and condemnation. Those who were like the pharisees...

But whoever is standing outside of that shut door (I'm going to let you in on a little "sparrow secret thought within herself" here it is: hey, could very well be myself for knowing that God is love and NOT putting enough love out there, I don't know. We are responsible for spreading whatever light we have in this world. I sit MYSELF outside of that shut door on a constant basis and peer in at those who are SO selfless, and SO unbelievably loving and generous and gracious and so Christlike and I try to learn from them. And guess what? It's people from all sorts of backgrounds that I see. And I sit out there and pray to God silently in my mind and in my heart, for God to help me be more like Him. For God to help me to use what love He put in my heart to make another person understand how much they are loved. I am an extreme introvert and I struggle with that. It's in my heart... this love... but projecting it outwards into our dark little world isn't always my strength. I need Him to help me. So yeah, I sit myself outside that shut door because it helps propel me.. it helps me to push my heart FORWARD. It helps my hands reaching up... up.... up.... )

Anyway, whoever is standing outside of that shut door, they're only standing outside to LEARN.

" When your judgments come upon the earth, the people of the world learn righteousness."

The reason for those standing outside of the SHUT door is for people to LEARN righteousness.

This is what I believe.

It has nothing to do with God forever turning His back on any part of His creation. That would make him an UNrighteous Creator.
It has EVERYTHING to do with God molding and shaping His children (all of mankind.)

peace,
sparrow
So, you think people learn after death, and then God will open the door and let them in? The Bible does not say that the door will be opened. The Bible says we live once, and then we are judged. Nothing in the Bible says anything about after death teaching. That part is a complete fabrication. Can you show one verse where the Bible says that people will learn righteousness AFTER DEATH.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:38 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,131,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So, you think people learn after death, and then God will open the door and let them in? The Bible does not say that the door will be opened. The Bible says we live once, and then we are judged. Nothing in the Bible says anything about after death teaching. That part is a complete fabrication. Can you show one verse where the Bible says that people will learn righteousness AFTER DEATH.
Finn I pointed this out to you in the other thread yesterday and I don't think you responded. Scripture says through Christ the many will be made righteous - the same many who were made sinners. All who were made sinners will be made righteous. It is through judgment that people learn righteousness because judgment shows people what is right. Righteousness means right thinking and right living.

Furthermore, IN THE END God will be all in all. IN THE END God will have reconciled all to Himself. IN THE END every knee will bow and every tongue will confess and swear allegiance to Jesus. IN THE END every one will joyfully praise God's name. This is because IN THE END God will have all men to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth.

There is your answer. There is no limitation that this all must occur in this earthly physical life.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Finn I pointed this out to you in the other thread yesterday and I don't think you responded. Scripture says through Christ the many will be made righteous - the same many who were made sinners. All who were made sinners will be made righteous. It is through judgment that people learn righteousness because judgment shows people what is right. Righteousness means right thinking and right living.

Furthermore, IN THE END God will be all in all. IN THE END God will have reconciled all to Himself. IN THE END every knee will bow and every tongue will confess and swear allegiance to Jesus. IN THE END every one will joyfully praise God's name. This is because IN THE END God will have all men to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth.

There is your answer. There is no limitation that this all must occur in this earthly physical life.
It is your answer, which you pieced together, but the Bible does not talk about after-life teaching lessons.

You believe that everyone will be saved, but you also know that many die in their sins. Therefore it would not make sense to claim that everyone is saved while living. Therefore you conclude that the saving will be done after death. You read theses verses about teaching, and make them fit your beliefs, but the Bible does not say anything about after-life teaching lessons. It is a fabrication, and an attempt to explain away the holes in your theory.

Old 12-09-2010, 09:03 AM

Quote:
It is your answer, which you pieced together, but the Bible does not talk about after-life teaching lessons.

You believe that everyone will be saved, but you also know that many die in their sins. Therefore it would not make sense to claim that everyone is saved while living. Therefore you conclude that the saving will be done after death. You read theses verses about teaching, and make them fit your beliefs, but the Bible does not say anything about after-life teaching lessons. It is a fabrication, and an attempt to explain away the holes in your theory.
Well excuse me, but there is a giant hole in your theory because you fail to address the scriptural facts that:
IN THE END God will be all in all.
IN THE END God will have reconciled all to Himself.
IN THE END every knee will bow and every tongue will confess and swear allegiance to Jesus.
IN THE END every one will joyfully praise God's name.
IN THE END God will have all men to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth.

So IMHO your saved that not all will be saved is a fabrication because you ignore these scriptural facts.

Yes I believe people will continue to learn after they are resurrected, simply because IN THE END... all these things will happen, including God having all men come to a knowledge of the truth - which implicitly means they must LEARN, no?

Old 12-09-2010, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Well excuse me, but there is a giant hole in your theory because you fail to address the scriptural facts that:
IN THE END God will be all in all.
IN THE END God will have reconciled all to Himself.
IN THE END every knee will bow and every tongue will confess and swear allegiance to Jesus.
IN THE END every one will joyfully praise God's name.
IN THE END God will have all men to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth.

So IMHO your saved that not all will be saved is a fabrication because you ignore these scriptural facts.

Yes I believe people will continue to learn after they are resurrected, simply because IN THE END... all these things will happen, including God having all men come to a knowledge of the truth - which implicitly means they must LEARN, no?
You prove what I just said. There is nothing in the Bible which actually talks about any after-life teaching lessons, so you made it up based on verses talking about something else. You conclude, and you come to the conclusion based on your own reasoning, but the Bible does NOT talk about it. If it were true, the Bible WOULD talk about it.

If it talks about it, the please provide the verses. None of the above verses talk about it, but you read them, you understand them in you own way, and you conclude that there must be teaching lessions after death. But the Bible does not say so. You may not realize it, but you are filling holes in you theory with your own theories and conclusions.

Old 12-09-2010, 09:27 AM

Quote:
You prove what I just said. There is nothing in the Bible which actually talks about any after-life teaching lessons, so you made it up based on verses talking about something else. You conclude, and you come to the conclusion based on your own reasoning, but the Bible does NOT talk about it. If it were true, the Bible WOULD talk about it.

If it talks about it, the please provide the verses. None of the above verses talk about it, but you read them, you understand them in you own way, and you conclude that there must be teaching lessions after death. But the Bible does not say so. You may not realize it, but you are filling holes in you theory with your own theories and conclusions.
Finn the bible does say people will learn after death because judgment happens after death, and judgment teaches people righteousness. And this is correlated by the fact that God will have all men to come to a knowledge of the truth - which involves learning, and since all men do not have a knowledge of the truth BEFORE they die, therefore they will have to learn it AFTER they die.

For the most part it looks like you again ignored completely what I said, and now I guess you are here just to argue. Have a good one...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity