Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 09:39 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,154,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What an absolutely awful environment to live under. Authority and obedience appeal to and bring out the worst in humanity. They are inferior to love, period.
Actually, Mystic you have it all wrong.

You think you know, but you are mistaken. I love my wife and children, which is WHY I am the man of my house. You can be whatever you want in your marriage, if you are married, with your kids, if you have any.
I choose to raise mine with love and Godly morals. Actually, you would be quite amazed at how well they have turned out. Beautiful children, and beautiful grandchildren.

So, knock it how ever much you want to, but for me and my house,,,we serve the Lord. 1 Lord, 1 King.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2010, 09:59 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,837 times
Quote:
You forgot . . . Sit! . . . Stay! . . . Lay Down! . . . Rollover! . . . Heel! . . . etc., Verna.
Those are instructions for a dog...the Ten Commandments are instructions for those who are chosen...for the child of God...His beloved....a vast difference...wouldn't you say...? ...ummmmm...come to think of it...no...you wouldn't. You think anyone who obeys the word of God as He instructs us to do is a dog...and you are so, so, so, very, very wrong. God have mercy.

In Christ,
Verna.

Old 12-12-2010, 10:13 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Many have an inordinate or wrongful desire for the majority of their neighbors; humanity.
This would come under "thou shall not covet."

Old 12-12-2010, 10:19 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Those are instructions for a dog...the Ten Commandments are instructions for those who are chosen...for the child of God...His beloved....a vast difference...wouldn't you say...? ...ummmmm...come to think of it...no...you wouldn't. You think anyone who obeys the word of God as He instructs us to do is a dog...and you are so, so, so, very, very wrong. God have mercy.

In Christ,
Verna.
I think any child of God who refuses to grow up and focuses on being an "obedient pet" instead of maturing into a loving spiritual adult is seriously misguided and confused about what God wants from us. Thankfully . . . God has mercy.

In Christ's love,
Mystic

Old 12-13-2010, 05:25 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Actually, Mystic you have it all wrong.

You think you know, but you are mistaken. I love my wife and children, which is WHY I am the man of my house. You can be whatever you want in your marriage, if you are married, with your kids, if you have any.
I choose to raise mine with love and Godly morals. Actually, you would be quite amazed at how well they have turned out. Beautiful children, and beautiful grandchildren.

So, knock it how ever much you want to, but for me and my house,,,we serve the Lord. 1 Lord, 1 King.
Hot have you come to know God as Abba Father yet ?.Literally Daddy God. Reading a lot of your posts and what you appear to believe,seems this King you believe in, is distant and you do not know him personally, but just know who he is.

Old 12-13-2010, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Hot have you come to know God as Abba Father yet ?.Literally Daddy God. Reading a lot of your posts and what you appear to believe,seems this King you believe in, is distant and you do not know him personally, but just know who he is.
Actually, it is funny you say that.

I had a talk with God the other night. God the Spirit, that is. It was the most wonderous thing imaginable. In this dream/vision/lucid awareness, I was in a fogged void. There were no shapes, distinguishable, and since no man has seen nor heard the Father, this is HOW I knew it was the Spirit, and NOT the Son.

He told me there a few things in my life I needed to repent for. These are personal, so I will not disclose them.
But what I will tell you, is that He told me I didn't SHOW The KING the reverant respect DUE His Son, as King. That I talked about Him, and that I loved Him,,,,but the verse you keep quoting over and over,,,was meant FOR us, now.

I am talking of the knees bowing.

Usually when I pray, it isn't like that. I pray while in bed, while I drive, and while I am comfortable. Being on your face, bent over, as in prostating one's self in reverence was NOT something I did. It is funny, because I used to think the Islamic people were crazy for bowing as much as they do. I never really understood why. Well, I get it now from His standpoint.

But, He also told me I was on the right path, and that He loved me so, so much. He also told me I was spending too much time arguing about doctrines, and that I was supposed to just let people know what He has given me, and let it be. No different that what He has given them, and I accept it as that is where they are at in their personal walks.

So, yest I didn't spend a whole lot of time on here, like I usually do. It will be hard, as I love a good theological/political debate.

I just wished I would have asked Him about the doctrines we fight about so much, UR/ET/CI, but perhaps, in the future. This one was focused on me, my shortcomings and the things I am doing right in His eyes.

Peace

Old 12-13-2010, 09:56 AM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Actually, it is funny you say that.

I had a talk with God the other night. God the Spirit, that is. It was the most wonderous thing imaginable. In this dream/vision/lucid awareness, I was in a fogged void. There were no shapes, distinguishable, and since no man has seen nor heard the Father, this is HOW I knew it was the Spirit, and NOT the Son.

He told me there a few things in my life I needed to repent for. These are personal, so I will not disclose them.
But what I will tell you, is that He told me I didn't SHOW The KING the reverant respect DUE His Son, as King. That I talked about Him, and that I loved Him,,,,but the verse you keep quoting over and over,,,was meant FOR us, now.

I am talking of the knees bowing.

Usually when I pray, it isn't like that. I pray while in bed, while I drive, and while I am comfortable. Being on your face, bent over, as in prostating one's self in reverence was NOT something I did. It is funny, because I used to think the Islamic people were crazy for bowing as much as they do. I never really understood why. Well, I get it now from His standpoint.

But, He also told me I was on the right path, and that He loved me so, so much. He also told me I was spending too much time arguing about doctrines, and that I was supposed to just let people know what He has given me, and let it be. No different that what He has given them, and I accept it as that is where they are at in their personal walks.

So, yest I didn't spend a whole lot of time on here, like I usually do. It will be hard, as I love a good theological/political debate.

I just wished I would have asked Him about the doctrines we fight about so much, UR/ET/CI, but perhaps, in the future. This one was focused on me, my shortcomings and the things I am doing right in His eyes.

Peace
Actually it is not funny that you say that. The Spirit you are following can not be our loving Father . . . but an arrogant Spirit that would be King and ruler over men . . . resemble anyone you have heard of , Hot? I fear for your children who must bow and scrape and kneel and humble themselves before you (their Father) instead of maturing into self-reliant adults incorporating the principle of love into their judgments and actions.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:09 AM

Default !

Quote:
Actually it is not funny that you say that. The Spirit you are following can not be our loving Father . . . but an arrogant Spirit that would be King and ruler over men . . . resemble anyone you have heard of , Hot? I fear for your children who must bow and scrape and kneel and humble themselves before you (their Father) instead of maturing into self-reliant adults incorporating the principle of love into their judgments and actions.

Sorry, but really you are getting on my nerves. How dare you suppose that my experience was of the devil. How freakin dare you.

It was absolutely wonderful, and loving.

I am now questioning the supposed spirit leading you. You, who 'claim' to meditate until you reach this spiritual whatever, not unlike the mystics of old following after their own gods. You claim to follow Jesus, yet call the prophets, kings, and even God barabric, ignorant, unenlightened idiots.

Whatever Mystic. I used to have a lot of respect for you, because you were this supposed enlightened creature, with nice insights, but now I know you for what you are.

Someone masquerading as light, when they are full of hatred and darkness and who doesn't even KNOW the god he serves,,,well doesn't serve because you serve nothing nor are submissive to nothing. Well, guess what you will be when your flesh rots away? Nothing! Dead!

You have crossed the line with me, period. You think YOU are the only one to have a spiritual encounter?? The devils love your trade, because that is the realm they thrive in. You say you have met Jesus? Whatever, I don't believe you, just based upon your little **** rants.

And my kids do NOT bow to me. But they DO submit to MY authority, which is given BY Jesus Christ Himself.

So, do NOT speak to me about love, because you are the furtherest thing I can see from it.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:21 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Hot what do you believe that right path is, that you are on ?.

You make known to me the path of life;Psalm 16:11.This path is a path into the fullness of joy.

This scripture also exposes the error of belief that we found the narrow gate.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Hot what do you believe that right path is, that you are on ?.

You make known to me the path of life;Psalm 16:11.This path is a path into the fullness of joy.

This scripture also exposes the error of belief that we found the narrow gate.
Our paths are individual. God leads us, and we follow. Where I am at at this point in my life has been dependent on various, many circumstances. Many people will not have to live what I have been through, and many will have to endure worse.

My stuggles deal with my fellow man. It is hard for me, because of my intensity of emotion. Don't get me wrong. I am there ALWAYS when needed, but having patience is not one of my virtues. But, having children and grandchildren definately has been the blessing needed to learn it.

I understand why you believe what you believe, as with each and everyone of those people on here. The thing that irks me to no end, is the endless bashing of other people for THEIR paths that God has them set on.

It is why we go round and round sometimes. I know your path.

If it truly is filled with the love of God, first and foremost, and your fellow man, then as ALWAYS the fruits that we bear them must be manifest in our lives. Yes, I know my anger was expressed at Mystic, and has been with you as well.

I just sometimes get so upset over the literal bashing of others for their beliefs, their paths, and their journeys. Like Mystic telling me my talk with God, was a devil. For myself, it crossed an unexcusable line, which I, then in turn, crossed myself to him. How does he know? In fact, how do any of us know, who and what 'other' people's experiences are? Are we to take them at their word? Or should these experiences be made manifest in our lives, expressed in love?

At the same time,,,,boy those TRIALS begin to happpen at a more increasing pace, which also tells me that it is the right path.

Anyways, enough for now,,

Peace,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity