Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 12:39 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,936,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Whose 'common good'? Was the Jews safe when the Nazis rounded them up? I did not see them standing firm, did you? Yet you proclaim Hiter was a ruler placed there by Christ? Really?

No, we are to serve one another out of our love for one another. Servitude is the highest form of love, outside of laying one's life down for another. But to place yourself, outside of servitude, and INTO bondage by the word called submission, is well, ludicrous. If this is the case, then it was not for freedom that Christ set you free. If you are free, you are free INDEED.

Yea, thank Him. My employees are thankful He has placed me there, for them.

There is no BUT in that mission statement. Did you see a BUT there?

Funny that you quoted Eph 5:22 yet left out verse 24. Again, I was led to the Truth and is where I am currently. As free men, we are to use this freedom to serve God and each other. I was not born a slave, nor do I any longer submit to a earthly master. As a child, I submitted to my parents. Once I became the head of my house, with children, I then became the master or king of my house. But I still have a King, who is the King of kings. Lord of lords. Who is the lord and king He is over? Human institutions, or heavenly ones, like the family?

Not your point of view, because it is somehow biased TO government. Mine isn't. You serve an Idol, not unlike Neb's statue of governments. I do not, and will endure the fires if need be. Good luck with yours, as you will need it.
That's all you have? "you serve an idol....", "Did you see a BUT there?"...blah blah blah...LOL

Insults with sarcasm and a little malice to spice things up, eh? There is a polite away to be friendly with a touch of sarcasm...LOL Here, I'll show you how it's done...

Take no offense at this, but you provide a disservice to Jesus (and His Kingdom) when you're unable to rightly divide His words with clarity of mind. Jesus said to study to show your self approved. It's evident you've not done this. Can you at least do it for the sake of the non-Christians who come here?:

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

See how easy that was...LOL ...polite but to the point...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2010, 12:46 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,152,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
That's all you have? "you serve an idol....", "Did you see a BUT there?"...blah blah blah...LOL
Yea, and I am the sarcastic one?

Quote:
Insults with sarcasm and a little malice to spice things up, eh? There is a polite away to be friendly with a touch of sarcasm...LOL Here, I'll show you how it's done...
Well, thank you.

Quote:
Take no offense at this, but you provide a disservice to Jesus (and His Kingdom) when you're unable to rightly divide His words with clarity of mind. Jesus said to study to show your self approved. It's evident you've not done this. Can you at least do it for the sake of the non-Christians who come here?:

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

See how easy that was...LOL ...polite but to the point...
Yea, it is to the point.

Now, back to the conversation. So, you believe it is ok to serve and/or submit to an idol, not unlike Neb's, which you clearly know is the kingdoms of the world?

Old 12-08-2010, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Yea, and I am the sarcastic one?

Well, thank you.

Yea, it is to the point.

Now, back to the conversation. So, you believe it is ok to serve and/or submit to an idol, not unlike Neb's, which you clearly know is the kingdoms of the world?
Of course not. Christ did not set up idols over the earth to be served. Where do you come up with this stuff?

We serve Christ alone. And in so doing we are instructed by Christ to be in submission to the "higher authorities" that Christ Himself ordained on earth for the common good of all. It's exactly what Rom. 13:1 tell us:

Rom 13:1 LET every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

And also, as Jesus spoke through Peter:

1Pe 2:13 Be subject, then, to every human creation, because of the Lord, whether to a king, as the highest,
1Pe 2:14 whether to governors, as to those sent through him, for punishment, indeed, of evil-doers, and a praise of those doing good;
1Pe 2:15 because, so is the will of God, doing good, to put to silence the ignorance of the foolish men;

And, Jesus gives us the reason we are to subject ourselves to these "higher authorities". That in our so doing, they (the nations) will Glorify God:

1Pe 2:12 having your behaviour among the nations right, that in that which they speak against you as evil-doers, of the good works having beheld, they may glorify God in a day of inspection.

Old 12-08-2010, 01:21 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times
Quote:
Of course not. Christ did not set up idols over the earth to be served. Where do you come up with this stuff?

We serve Christ alone. And in so doing we are instructed by Christ to be in submission to the "higher authorities" that Christ Himself ordained on earth for the common good of all. It's exactly what Rom. 13:1 tell us:

Rom 13:1 LET every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

1Pe 2:13 Be subject, then, to every human creation, because of the Lord, whether to a king, as the highest,
1Pe 2:14 whether to governors, as to those sent through him, for punishment, indeed, of evil-doers, and a praise of those doing good;
1Pe 2:15 because, so is the will of God, doing good, to put to silence the ignorance of the foolish men;

And, Jesus gives us the reason we are to subject ourselves to these "higher authorities". That in our so doing, they (the nations) will Glorify God:

1Pe 2:12 having your behaviour among the nations right, that in that which they speak against you as evil-doers, of the good works having beheld, they may glorify God in a day of inspection.
Most excellent post!

Old 12-08-2010, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Most excellent post!
Blessings to you also my friend... These boards are on "fire" today... Praise God!

Old 12-08-2010, 03:03 PM

910 posts, read 1,337,641 times
Quote:
Wow, totally screwed that interpretation up, I would say.

Country is NOT part of the 'duty', nor are we to be in subjection to authorities UNLESS they are under the FULL authority of Jesus Christ.

Nice try though. Most Christians have no idea what Romans 13 is saying. It isn't talking about governments, it is talking about elders, and Christ as King. Nothing about this satanic realm is 'of God', otherwise even Hitler who had his Nazis where belt buckles which said "Gott mit uns", which is "God with us", was also OF GOD. I would bet that those people over there slaughtering millions thought the same thing YOU DO.

So, yea,,,rethink your paradigm and shift it.
Hot,

Eusebius is right. This about our earthly government. Every thing comes from God. Bush Presidency was from God, so is Obama's. Everything is from one source -God

Old 12-08-2010, 04:05 PM

So they watched Him, and sent spies who pretended to be righteous, in order that they might catch Him in some statement, so that they could deliver Him to the rule and the authority of the governor.
They questioned Him, saying, "Teacher, we know that You speak and teach correctly, and You are not partial to any, but teach the way of God in truth.
"Is it lawful for us to pay taxes to Caesar, or not?"
But He detected their trickery and said to them,
"Show Me a denarius. Whose likeness and inscription does it have?" They said, "Caesar's."
And He said to them, "Then render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's."

I have been round and round with this, and am not going to fall into any more debates concerning the King being MY King. You all can serve and proclaim to your dying breath that Christ ordained Bush, or Obama or even Hilter, ok?
Christ HAS a Kingdom, and He sits on the throne. He offers this to you, as well, to reign with Him.
Not a "specia"l person who pays, or steals, or kills, or destroys others to gain this posiiton. That is Satan, and his many world-systems, which were even offered TO Jesus and yet turned down.

Peace out.

Old 12-08-2010, 04:08 PM

Quote:

Umm, Christ IS the Higher Authority. Obama isn't.

Old 12-08-2010, 04:10 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
People love to wrap themselves in the flag and take up the cross to justify killing

Old 12-08-2010, 06:03 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
People love to wrap themselves in the flag and take up the cross to justify killing
The OP has nothing to do with killing. It has everything to do with paying taxes and tribute and, well, here it is again:

Rom 13:1-8 Let every soul be subject to the superior authorities, for there is no authority except under God. Now those which are, have been set under God, (2) so that he who is resisting an authority has withstood God's mandate. Now those who have withstood, will be getting judgment for themselves, (3) for magistrates are not a fear to the good act, but to the evil. Now you do not want to be fearing the authority. Do good, and you will be having applause from it." (4) For it is God's servant for your good. Now if you should be doing evil, fear, for not feignedly is it wearing the sword. For it is God's servant, an avenger for indignation to him who is committing evil." (5) Wherefore it is necessary to be subject, not only because of indignation, but also because of conscience." (6) For therefore you are settling taxes also, for they are God's ministers, perpetuated for this self-same thing." (7) Render to all their dues, to whom tax, tax, to whom tribute, tribute, to whom fear, fear, to whom honor, honor." (8) To no one owe anything, except to be loving one another, for he who is loving another has fulfilled law."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity