Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 11:24 AM

8,109 posts, read 6,851,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Finn,
ANYone who uses put-downs and name-calling is in the wrong, no matter what side of the ET/UR fence they're on. You're right.

Many blessings,
Brian

I agree!
But I will say again, "hard heart" is not a put down and it is not name calling. It has a very specific meaning as it relates to the human heart and the beliefs it can tolerate or not tolerate. It is a shield. A protection. Many people use the term "hard heart" in the wrong manner because they don't understand it's term. That causes confusion.

peace.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:24 AM

37,336 posts, read 28,087,833 times
Quote:
Finn,
ANYone who uses put-downs and name-calling is in the wrong, no matter what side of the ET/UR fence they're on. You're right.

Many blessings,
Brian
Hi Brian

My observations of Finn's posting is that he will disagree with you , then ignore any challenge(not put down) to the way he believes, he then goes on to call those who disagree with him that they are unloving.I think he's tried the patience of many on here,and admitedly he's had some home truths said to him over the last few days, but i don't see that as questioning is faith or putting down is faith, but calling out what he exactly believes and what his faith is in.I don't have issue with him believing in Et either, my issue along with many others that believe in it, is the spirit in which they believe, it's basically you are heretic if you don't believe in ET and you better believe in Jesus or you will end up in eternal flames is not the Spirit of God ministering, even if the doctrine of ET was to be true.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:33 AM

76,949 posts, read 47,272,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
I agree!
But I will say again, "hard heart" is not a put down and it is not name calling. It has a very specific meaning as it relates to the human heart and the beliefs it can tolerate or not tolerate. It is a shield. A protection. Many people use the term "hard heart" in the wrong manner because they don't understand it's term. That causes confusion.

peace.
OK, Sparrow, let's speak URish, and I do this only to show you what it is that you are trying to sell. I will return your message back to you: your heart is as hard, and as cold as a rock. It is so hard that the truth and love of Christ cannot penetrate. You need to WAKE UP!!!

But of course, this is just the UR way of saying 'I love you'.

Do you feel the love?

I didn't think so.

No further comment.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Finn,

Many blessings,
Brian
I am glad you agree.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Hi Brian

My observations of Finn's posting is that he will disagree with you , then ignore any challenge(not put down) to the way he believes, he then goes on to call those who disagree with him that they are unloving.I think he's tried the patience of many on here,and admitedly he's had some home truths said to him over the last few days, but i don't see that as questioning is faith or putting down is faith, but calling out what he exactly believes and what his faith is in.I don't have issue with him believing in Et either, my issue along with many others that believe in it, is the spirit in which they believe, it's basically you are heretic if you don't believe in ET and you better believe in Jesus or you will end up in eternal flames is not the Spirit of God ministering, even if the doctrine of ET was to be true.
Eat your own bait, I already had lunch.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:37 AM

63,461 posts, read 39,726,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Sparrow, it is disappointing to see you try to justify the sin of others.
Judging sparrow's motives, Finn? You know she is doing no such thing . . . yet you blatantly present it as if it were true.
Quote:
Just yesterday your fellow UR believers called me these things, and this is just yesterday:

- pretender
- deciever
- liar
I presented your own words as absolute defense . . . and you did not respond because you could not. It was there in black and white. You know exactly who is the primary defender of "God hates" in this forum, Finn. Pretending you didn't and asking her to "back it up" was deceitful and lying about your knowledge of the posters here.
Quote:
- closed minded
- intolerant
- prideful
Your doctrine is ALL of this . . . and identifies all the special "elect" (as you believe yourself to be) as all of these.
Quote:
- hard hearted
Sparrow's post beautifully and compassionately explained this . . . so your claim to have read it and understood it is questionable.
Quote:
No, Sparrow, these comments are not 'observations', they are insults and judments of my heart and my faith. And on a number of occations I have been told flat out that I do not know God, and that I do not have the Holy Spirit, and even that I have an evil spirit.

You can spend all day trying to justify such comments, but you can't hide the fact that comments like this are bad fruit. It is ok for you to believe what you believe, but it is not Christlike for you to call those who do not agree with you as 'hard hearted'.
You cannot have understood sparrow's post (if you actually read it) and still be claiming the hard hearted is about not agreeing with the person. It is the DOCTRINE that is hard hearted and ANYONE who actually believes it has to be hard hearted, period.
Quote:
It is hurtful. On Sunday I mentioned I was going to church and that I was going to pray for Mystic, and Ilene told me that my church is made up of "bunch of hypocrites" and that I go there only to fool them. Just like that. She doesn't even know what church I go to. Why do you guys do this??? And the next post they'll say "love your neighbor, love, love, love". Do you have any idea how that reflects of UR?
Your cries of hurt would be more believable if you didn't cry wolf so frequently over even the most minor of disagreements with your BELIEFS.
Quote:
There are millons of people who truly love God and who believe like I do, and for you to judge them like this is not of love. I think you know it, but you feel obligated to defend and justify your friends no matter what they say. Some of the URs cross the line by miles, and they do it often, and I have never seen any UR, including you, say anything except encouragement to them.
This is further proof that you have no idea what sparrow has said in her post. It doesn't matter how many claim to believe such heinous doctrine, Finn. It remains heinous and ANYONE who claims to believe it is displaying hard-heartedness toward their fellow humans, period. But as sparrow has said . . . you cannot actually believe it . . . because you clearly love God.You seem to have missed that part of her post, though.
Quote:
It is important that you to realize that what you say here, and what you condone here, exposes the fruit of universalism, and at this point it is not looking pretty. It is looking very angry and very disrespectful toward your fellow human beings.
It is important that you realize that what you say here, and what you condone here, exposes the fruit of ET, and at this point it is not looking pretty. It is looking very angry and very disrespectful toward your fellow human beings. QED.
Quote:
Like I said, I am reducing my activity here because it is becoming very unpleasant to come here and read all the venom and unfriendliness. I don't need it. I don't need the judgment.
The stronger the arguments and the more it causes you to actually think about what you mindlessly accept about God from your indoctrination . . . the stronger the desire to withdraw from having to confront the heinous evil of what you claim to actually believe.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 12-14-2010 at 11:54 AM..

Old 12-14-2010, 11:42 AM

8,109 posts, read 6,851,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
OK, Sparrow, let's speak URish, and I do this only to show you what it is that you are trying to sell. I will return your message back to you: your heart is as hard, and as cold as a rock. It is so hard that the truth and love of Christ cannot penetrate. You need to WAKE UP!!!

But of course, this is just the UR way of saying 'I love you'.

Do you feel the love?

I didn't think so.

No further comment.

Finn, This post clearly proves that you didn't fully read my post.
Read it again, my brother.

peace,
sparrow

Old 12-14-2010, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Finn, this is the last time I am going to say it, bro.

I was talking SPECIFICALLY about the term "hard heart".

I mentioned NOTHING ELSE. I am not condoning ANYTHING.
OK. I believe you condoned nothing else.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:48 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,338,763 times
I don't think Finn would still be on this forum if he weren't in some way interested in the notion of the salvation of all.
If he really wasn't interested in the salvation of all, he would have quit posting here, like I think many already have..

Just a thought..

Blessings to all,
brian

Old 12-14-2010, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Finn, This post clearly proves that you didn't fully read my post.
Read it again, my brother.

peace,
sparrow
Trust me, I read it, and I also read the original judgments about the condition of my heart. God knows my heart, and your friends do not know it. Trust me on that one. I know you are only trying to defend your friends, but it might be "mission impossible" considering all that has been said.

Let it go. I will, and like I said I am not going to be around so much in the future so you won't have to hear my complaints much longer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity