Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 07:08 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,457,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Yes, I thought the same thing. God didn't leave it to man to decide what is acceptable to Him.
The only "thing" acceptable to Him is the Atonement [because it makes us acceptable in Him], and the Only Accepted "Son" is the Beloved, who is Christ come in flesh, to Ransom us -buy us back- to and for Himself, by the Atonement.
The only way an Adam soul can be made acceptable in the Beloved is by second birth, into the Living Spirit, who is Christ, and who is come in flesh to be our Firstborn Father of the New Man race.
His birthday is a Day to rejoice, indeed, when God, who took on human flesh at the Eve before Channukah began, nine months later appeared to the Adam race, in a Kinsman/Redeemer "Tabernacle of flesh", as" God, tabernacling with man".

Isa 61:1 ¶ The Spirit of the Lord GOD [is] upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to [them that are] bound; Isa 61:2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD,
[the Atonement, fulfilled]

and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn; [to be fulfilled]

Eph 1:6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved [=the "Firstborn" Son].

Last edited by yeshuasavedme; 12-19-2010 at 07:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2010, 07:26 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,032,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
The only "thing" acceptable to Him is the Atonement [because it makes us acceptable in Him], and the Only Accepted "Son" is the Beloved, who is Christ come in flesh, to Ransom us -buy us back- to and for Himself, by the Atonement.
The only way an Adam soul can be made acceptable in the Beloved is by second birth, into the Living Spirit, who is Christ, and who is come in flesh to be our Firstborn Father of the New Man race.
His birthday is a Day to rejoice, indeed, when God, who took on human flesh at the Eve before Channukah began, nine months later, appeared to the Adam race, in a Kinsman/Redeemer Tabernacle of flesh.

Isa 61:1 ¶ The Spirit of the Lord GOD [is] upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to [them that are] bound; Isa 61:2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD,
[the Atonement, fulfilled]

and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn; [to be fulfilled]

Eph 1:6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved [=the "Firstborn" Son].
Jesus also said to take a sword. Do you believe we should carry a sword?

Old 12-19-2010, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Jesus also said to take a sword. Do you believe we should carry a sword?
Are you a citizen of the USA? We were founded, as a nation, by the power of the defensive sword, and trust in the Word of God.
We are not in heaven nor the kingdom of God on earth, yet, and we are authorized to carry, by Jesus Himself; and we carry, not to make war, but to defend against war-makers. That is the God given authority of every believer on earth, and of every godly nation, in all time in all the world.

Jesus was speaking of real physical swords when he said that he that had none, to sell his garments and buy one, in the same place he said to take a purse and provisions. A purse to buy what one needs on his journey, a bag for provisions, and a sword to defend oneself is what Jesus left His disciples instructions for -and not to make war, but to defend oneself.

Decades ago, my friend made fun of her Mother-in-Law, for locking her car on the street in our rural town when she came to visit. My friend was a young Christian, and her Mother-in-Law was a Christian of many years, who lived in a big city, and she knew what was in the heart of man. Guess whose car got stolen shortly after that? -yep, my friend's, from right in front of her house, where her M-I-L had parked another time.

God ordained governments and gave the power of the Sword to the governments [Genesis 9, and Romans 13], in this present world, and God's first government is the head of the home, who serves his family as a minister of God, and the head of the family is authorized to "bear the sword" against evil rising against his own domain.

Old 12-19-2010, 08:19 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,032,804 times
Quote:
Are you a citizen of the USA? We were founded, as a nation, by the power of the defensive sword, and trust in the Word of God.
We are not in heaven nor the kingdom of God on earth, yet, and we are authorized to carry, by Jesus Himself; and we carry, not to make war, but to defend against war-makers. That is the God given authority of every believer on earth, and of every godly nation, in all time in all the world.

Jesus was speaking of real physical swords when he said that he that had none, to sell his garments and buy one, in the same place he said to take a purse and provisions. A purse to buy what one needs on his journey, a bag for provisions, and a sword to defend oneself is what Jesus left His disciples instructions for -and not to make war, but to defend oneself.

Decades ago, my friend made fun of her Mother-in-Law, for locking her car on the street in our rural town when she came to visit. My friend was a young Christian, and her Mother-in-Law was a Christian of many years, who lived in a big city, and she knew what was in the heart of man. Guess whose car got stolen shortly after that? -yep, my friend's, from right in front of her house, where her M-I-L had parked another time.

God ordained governments and gave the power of the Sword to the governments [Genesis 9, and Romans 13], in this present world, and God's first government is the head of the home, who serves his family as a minister of God, and the head of the family is authorized to "bear the sword" against evil rising against his own domain.
That is what I thought you would believe. Hence you took the earthly perspective.

Old 12-19-2010, 09:36 PM

Quote:
That is what I thought you would believe. Hence you took the earthly perspective.
Jesus gave that perspective to all His disciples in this world. We are not in heaven, and the Sword of the Spirit is for making war against the spiritual kingdom of darkness, but the "sword" Jesus said to buy, is for guarding the welfare of the home and family and persons intrusted to our care.

You did not answer my questions -not any of the times.

I have to go make ready for Christmas with my family, and there are things to bake and things to make and cleaning to do and lots of wonderful joyous Christmas music to listen to while I am at it, so I will not sit at this board and show sound reasons against your misguided and misguiding doctrines any longer.
Life is too short to waste my time. I have said what I wanted to say, and I have repeated it several times in several ways.

To all, Merry Christmas, and may Christ be in your hearts, granting you joy unspeakable and full of glory, in this season of remembrance of what He has come in flesh to do for us; which is to be our Kinsman/Redeemer and the Everlasting Father of us, by adopting us who are born into His One Living Spirit, into His New Man name and race.

Last edited by yeshuasavedme; 12-19-2010 at 10:27 PM..

Old 12-19-2010, 09:41 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
So if I make a holiday where we observe Jesus for wearing scandals would that be acceptable?
What a silly question. You can do anything you wish personally to honor, remember, celebrate, worship, etc. God because He knows your heart and would know if it was sincere and loving . . . but I doubt you can create a holiday for our nation.

Old 12-20-2010, 06:07 AM

810 posts, read 1,437,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Oh ye of little faith . . . Jesus the LIVING Word of God abides with us in His Holy Spirit within our consciousnesses. There is no way you could sincerely reason evil to be positive with Him watching and convicting you.
You're right, there is no way that I could reason evil to be positive. BUT, throughout history we see that humans have reasoned evil to be positive- just look at the wars that have been fought.

God does not like the mixing with pagan practices- that is so clear in the scriptures. In the 2nd chapter of Judges, for example, especially the 2&3 verses-
Jdg 2:2 NKJV - 'And you shall make no covenant with the inhabitants of this land; you shall tear down their altars.' But you have not obeyed My voice. Why have you done this?
Jdg 2:3 NKJV - "Therefore I also said, 'I will not drive them out before you; but they shall be thorns in your side, and their gods shall be a snare to you.'"

The Isrealites could have reasoned here that it was acceptable, but to God it was not. Just like when they reasoned that Jehovah would be happy when they made the golden calf and called it a "festival to Jehovah".

Over and over, we see this warning throughout the bible.

Old 12-20-2010, 05:10 PM

267 posts, read 297,198 times
Quote:
Not all cakes made for the temple were unleavened. The point is that God ordered cakes made for festivals, and God made a "Star", a light -a candle/mennorah"- to announce the birth of Christ, in Bethelem.

You make a lot of false accusations about people who celebrate birthday anniversaries of those they love, to honor them and rejoice that they are living members of the human race. You do not know how I celebrate birthdays of loved ones, but I guarantee you it is with "feasting" and joyful good wishes. Usually the favorite foods of the honored one is served, whether simple or elaborate, and my grown kids continued the custom of doing that, and so what!- It is not your business nor are you the god of our lives or actions or thoughts, and you have no business to be a busy-body in anyone's else's affairs of the heart, who are Christian Believers.

As to candles, I don't personally have them, but I did it for my kids when they were home, and I would never take the joy away of counting off the years they have passed by blowing out the lights representing them. It is none of your business how anyone celebrates birthdays, or if they do, or if they don't.

I do not recall making any accusations at all. I have just been talking in general about the links of modern celebrations (christmas and birthdays) with the emblems of pagan religious rituals. I have heard you defending the use of pagan emblems in celebrations, and promoting birthday celebrations without qualification. It is common practice to use these pagan rituals and emblems on birthdays, and therefore we have been at odds. I have specifically tried to support your position that birthdays are not expressly prohibited, however the incorporation of pagan symbolism is.

I have never made any specific personal accusations about your use of these, only criticism of your unqualified promotion of birthdays.

You have seen fit (unsolicited mind you) in this last message to talk about your personal practices. I have never asked, accused, or otherwise delved into your personal life. You suggest I am sticking my nose into personal business? I am just responding to the information you have placed in the PUBLIC FORUM.

I do appreciate that my message has prompted you to review your personal practices. I hope you will continue to do so with both study about the origin of those practices, and how God deplores the integration of (even the shadow of) paganism in a Christian life.

I feel you are honest in your dedication to God and thus would be concerned about giving even the slightest appearance of supporting pagan beliefs at any level.

Old 12-20-2010, 06:09 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWW1962 View Post
I feel you are honest in your dedication to God and thus would be concerned about giving even the slightest appearance of supporting pagan beliefs at any level.
God does NOT use appearances . . . He KNOWS our heart. It is ALWAYS what we intend and hold in our heart that defines our actions . . . not physical objects. That is carnal thinking . . . not spiritual. There is no way we can support pagan beliefs we do not have. It is impossible for God to MISTAKE our intentions because of appearances . . . that is immature primitive ignorance speaking . . . not spiritual enlightenment from the Holy Spirit.

Old 12-21-2010, 06:18 PM

267 posts, read 297,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
God does NOT use appearances . . . He KNOWS our heart. It is ALWAYS what we intend and hold in our heart that defines our actions . . . not physical objects. That is carnal thinking . . . not spiritual. There is no way we can support pagan beliefs we do not have. It is impossible for God to MISTAKE our intentions because of appearances . . . that is immature primitive ignorance speaking . . . not spiritual enlightenment from the Holy Spirit.

Not sure what you are talking about, no one has suggested God "judged" on appearance. I seems you are just making stuff up to be critical of.

The point of discussion is the incorporation of pagan emblems into christian ceremonies. This practice is against Bible principles. We can see examples of God's view on this by his response to a similar behavior by the Israelites in Exodus 32:4-10. We also see the instruction in the Greek scriptures to continue following what is acceptable, do not "have fellowship with the fruitless deeds and enterprises of darkness, but instead (let your lives be so in contrast as to) expose, reprove and convict them". (Eph 5:10,11)(AMP) So, we can see this is a reoccurring theme throughout the Bible.

Ignoring the historical use of pagan emblems and trying to re-task them as Christian custom is not honoring God. What significance does a christmas tree have in reference to Jesus birth? Of what benefit is it to use ANY pagan emblem to worship the Christ in spirit?

The history and symbolism of these emblems are apparent. They are documented in such detail that we know what pagan gods were to be placated and honored, and the significance of the idol/emblem and observances. It is just ignorant to continue in those observances and think that our INTENT to re-task them for our Christian God is appreciated. Would you feel honored if someone just re-wrapped the birthday gift (which is an item you detest) of your enemy, and gave it to you on THEIR birthday, not yours. It's the thought that counts? What could that thought be? Not one of true love and respect. If you would not do that to your friend, how could that be viewed as acceptable reverence and love for God?

It is also a well documented fact in the historical record that early Christians rejected birthday celebrations as pagan religious practices. It is a pagan practice, with pagan emblems, and not even of the actual birthday of Jesus, but observed on the date of a well known pagan religious holiday. Do you really think a second hand celebration is honoring Jesus?

Last edited by BWW1962; 12-21-2010 at 06:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity