Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 06:03 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,617,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by look3467 View Post
This world is all yours period! God has enabled you to decide just what you want to do with it.

Now, should you decide to live for God, then you need His help.

Only, in Jesus (God) you may have power over the things in this world.

What are His laws and principles?

If your conscious does not bother you in any of the things you mentioned, then there is a lack of spiritual awareness of God in your life.

First step is to seek God out honestly, sincerely and with the will to give it all up for Him, in order for Him to come and abide in you.

Satan,(the world and all its lusts) and all it's power,will flee from you're desires when your heart and mind turns to God.

Jam 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

Find you a church, and study His word.

Blessing, AJ

Thank you but I wasn't speaking of me-I do believe in God and do my best to follow-I also go to church..I was speaking of what I've seen in this crazy world.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2010, 10:05 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,257,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
Thank you but I wasn't speaking of me-I do believe in God and do my best to follow-I also go to church..I was speaking of what I've seen in this crazy world.....
I'm happy to hear that.

May the message then be for those who could use it.

Blessings, AJ

Old 12-15-2010, 10:22 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,027,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioanKid View Post
I saw an interesting joke made by someone in a story. Satan was arguing with his head demon. He wanted the demon to go settle some rebellion in Hell, but the demon replied that if he was the Lord of Lies, then how could the demon know if he was lying about wanting him to do so? Satan tried to tell him he was telling the truth this time, but the demon couldn't trust him.

I'm posting this thread to see what your opinions are. How do you think Satan "works," so to speak? Is he limited in his power somehow in that he only uses lies to be perfectly deceitful, say, or would true deceit be using truth as a tool to get a facade of trustability (I'm sure that's not a word, sorry) only to show his true two-faced form?

It's my opinion that if Satan is truly some perfectly evil demon, he must use both in moderation, or else he is as weak as the men of principle who will not tell a lie even if it is for the greater good or something. So what do you think?
Satan is the reference to the disobedient nature of man. If there is no man, there can be no Satan. Satan is not a third party being. He is the spirit of disobedience that is exhibited by man and not apart from man. So when Jesus rebuked Peter and called him Satan it was because Peter exhibited the nature of disobedience. Furthermore Jesus said that Satan tends to the things of man, and not man tending to the things of Satan as if Satan was a different being apart from man.

This is a mystery to most. They don't see that YOU and I are Satan. When Jesus said He came to destroy the works of Satan, those are OUR WORKS from our FLESH that He came to destroy.

When Jesus was tempted in the Wilderness by the Devil it was not another creature but rather from Jesus own flesh came contemplations about being disobedient that Jesus was able to put down. Since that disobedience could never grow fruit (sin), Jesus remained righteous.

Old 12-15-2010, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Satan is the reference to the disobedient nature of man.>>>trettep
Hence......the tree of knowledge of good and evil?

We have both abilities from which to choose.

Now the setting in which we were placed in unwillingly, is all conducive towards the flesh.

That is what first got us barred from heaven, but thanks be God by Jesus our Lord and Savior,who took the power of death away from us and opened up the gates of brass(Heaven) and broken asunder the gates of iron (Hell) liberating all who where held captive.

Today, we have but to accept Jesus' offering of His body's sacrifice as our salvation and be instantly accepted by God into His kingdom while we are yet in the flesh, otherwise, wait.

Blessings, AJ

Old 12-15-2010, 01:55 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,365,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Satan is the reference to the disobedient nature of man. If there is no man, there can be no Satan. Satan is not a third party being. He is the spirit of disobedience that is exhibited by man and not apart from man. So when Jesus rebuked Peter and called him Satan it was because Peter exhibited the nature of disobedience. Furthermore Jesus said that Satan tends to the things of man, and not man tending to the things of Satan as if Satan was a different being apart from man.

This is a mystery to most. They don't see that YOU and I are Satan. When Jesus said He came to destroy the works of Satan, those are OUR WORKS from our FLESH that He came to destroy.

When Jesus was tempted in the Wilderness by the Devil it was not another creature but rather from Jesus own flesh came contemplations about being disobedient that Jesus was able to put down. Since that disobedience could never grow fruit (sin), Jesus remained righteous.
WHAT A POST!!
The more I read, the more excited I get!

Quote:
Hence......the tree of knowledge of good and evil?

We have both abilities from which to choose.

Now the setting in which we were placed in unwillingly, is all conducive towards the flesh.

That is what first got us barred from heaven, but thanks be God by Jesus our Lord and Savior,who took the power of death away from us and opened up the gates of brass(Heaven) and broken asunder the gates of iron (Hell) liberating all who where held captive.

Today, we have but to accept Jesus' offering of His body's sacrifice as our salvation and be instantly accepted by God into His kingdom while we are yet in the flesh, otherwise, wait.

Blessings, AJ
It's that "wait" part that a lot of people doubt..!

Blessings to you both!
Brian

Old 12-15-2010, 03:02 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,027,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
WHAT A POST!!
The more I read, the more excited I get!

It's that "wait" part that a lot of people doubt..!

Blessings to you both!
Brian
Think about this. That the SERPENT in the Garden of Eden was just a description of this disobedient nature being exhibited by ADAM! Yep, it was Adam telling Eve that if they ate they wouldn't surely die. Think about further what does it say:

Gen 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

Now think about it for a minute. What if those highlighted words were NOT there? Wouldn't you have just assumed that Eve went and found Adam and then gave him the forbidden fruit. But because they ARE there it seems to me to be indicating that Adam was ALREADY PRESENT.

Old 12-15-2010, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Think about this. That the SERPENT in the Garden of Eden was just a description of this disobedient nature being exhibited by ADAM! Yep, it was Adam telling Eve that if they ate they wouldn't surely die. Think about further what does it say:

Gen 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

Now think about it for a minute. What if those highlighted words were NOT there? Wouldn't you have just assumed that Eve went and found Adam and then gave him the forbidden fruit. But because they ARE there it seems to me to be indicating that Adam was ALREADY PRESENT.

Assuming that the fruit of the tree was real fruit yes, instead of a metaphor of the ability of mankind to posses the ability to discern between two opposing views.

The story of the garden is a child's simple view of how we became disconnected from God.

The real truth in my opinion is that in order for us to become like God, or in His image, we would have to become gods, as we are, lower case g, thus the separation. (Death)

However, God was not finished with His creation yet, until Jesus said, "It is finished".

As we mature spiritually, we no longer think as children, as the trials of life, and spiritual education teach us otherwise.

Blessings, AJ

Old 12-15-2010, 03:55 PM

360 posts, read 444,279 times
Quote:
Not sure if you are aged and mature enough to handle what I believe what Satan is all about.

Blessings, AJ
Okay, if you insist, I'll close my eyes while you reply. But I'd like to hear your opinions, that's why this thread was made. I'm not afraid of anyone's beliefs.

Old 12-17-2010, 03:24 PM

Did you read post 17? And what did you think?

Blessings, AJ

Old 12-17-2010, 03:50 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,617,442 times
Quote:
A bit deep for some of you, but for some others, a revelation?

Hebrews 2:14 For as much then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

What death is it referencing here? Spiritual death?

Thus spiritual death rests in the hands of God as creator, for He is stated as having cast Adam and Eve out, meaning death, spiritually speaking.

Jesus then, as one of us, quote: "he also himself likewise took part of the same"; became death to destroy death.... as Himself.

So reference to Him is...... He who is destroyed.

Did not Jesus have power over death.......as God?

Was not Jesus destroyed, put to death, to end death instead, for all of us?

Recall reading: Num 21:8 And the LORD said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live.

A fiery serpent? But why a serpent and set up on a pole? Is the serpent cursed?

Read: Gal 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Jesus was cursed, for He hung on a raised tree/pole, and all who look upon Him shall live!

Again, the serpent is used by God to devour other serpents: Exo 4:3 And he said, Cast it on the ground. And he cast it on the ground, and it became a serpent; and Moses fled from before it.

Jesus was cast down as a serpent, the serpent raised on a tree/pole and devoured death for us all.

The serpent? The devil? God hath made? Gen 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

God made the serpent to deceive Eve and by the same token, God destroys the deceiving serpent, thus redeeming Eve.

Which, is evident by the following verse: Rom 8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, (Eve)not willingly, but by reason of him (God) who hath subjected the same in hope, (Eve in hope by Jesus)

Between the the two extremes, is the test of life.

Which this next verse lends:Joh 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

The name Satan or devil be feared? "IN this world"........we shall have devils, but those devils can be overcome!

God Himself will see to it!

Blessings, AJ
Quote:
Did you read post 17? And what did you think?

Blessings, AJ
I don't know about anyone else, but you need to talk about what you believe about Satan in layman's terms and not beat around the bush. You're not being clear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity