Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 12:51 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,945,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post

If these words were to condemn me...I would be asking myself a very crucial question........why...?......and then I would do something about it, to change that.

They do condemn you based upon your beliefs, and it is obvious you do not ask "why" every time I point this out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2010, 01:31 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,659,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post
Verna,

Are you without sin?
My "old man," (my sinful nature) has been crucified with Christ. I no longer commit willfull sin since I received the knowledge of the truth, repented for my sins and became a born-again child of God. I am dead to sin, I no longer serve my sinful nature.

You can read here and understand further...

//www.city-data.com/forum/chris...s-perfect.html

I serve a righteous God in the Spirit of Christ...just like Paul explains in Romans 7.

God Bless.

In Christ's love...and prayerfully in His truth,
Verna.

Old 12-15-2010, 02:35 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,367,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceilinglamp View Post
All Christians should be able to agree on this point. However not all matters of theology are crystal clear and some disagreement is to be expected, but when I disagree with someone I do not attack them personally or tell them that they are not a "true believer." Many people on this site have great ideas to share and I would encourage them to do so, but please be courteous to your brothers and sisters. In my opinion some of the posters on here do play the part of judge in some of their posts and I just wanted to point out that it is possible to disagree with someone without condemning them.
I just love this thread, and wanted to continue from before..

Adam was the first son of God. He was made to be lord of the earth, to care for it, enjoy it, and reign over it. He was made in the image of God, therefore in the likeness of God Himself.
His disobedience was imposed upon all mankind. Some will say, "but that isn't fair!!" Well, in fact, since God is fair (or "just"), why would God put all of His creation under a curse and condemnation and death??
And why would He let the creation continue on, year after year, with the earth becoming more and more populated, and the curse spreading further and further??

But since God is just, we can see in Romans 5, that God put all mankind under the curse, thereby making them all on the same "level," in order to put all men in Christ, who was the Last Adam, the Perfect Adam, the only One who could bring mankind back into the garden again.

And He DID!!

God didn't give mankind a "choice" to be in Adam no1. There was no "free will" choice that man could boast about and say, "I have decided to follow Adam!" No. God put mankind into the bath of condemnation. This was His plan, but it is not the end of it. No.

The end of the plan was to send His only "begotten" Son, a True Hero who He knew would walk the way Adam no1 was supposed to walk but failed. (And his failure was no surprise to God. That's why Christ Jesus was as the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. BEFORE it all came down.)

And the Son Jesus is Lord, because He is our Leader and Prince, leading us back to the Father. We must all come in, some now, some later. But God put all into condemnation, and then He put all into justification of life.

Can God just "take away" you sin? You bet, friend! Sin is nothing for Him to put away, now that mankind has been justified in the Son!!

Blessings,
Brian

Old 12-16-2010, 03:21 AM

910 posts, read 1,338,044 times
Quote:
My "old man," (my sinful nature) has been crucified with Christ. I no longer commit willfull sin since I received the knowledge of the truth, repented for my sins and became a born-again child of God. I am dead to sin, I no longer serve my sinful nature.

You can read here and understand further...

//www.city-data.com/forum/chris...s-perfect.html

I serve a righteous God in the Spirit of Christ...just like Paul explains in Romans 7.

God Bless.

Verna.
So it means you are living above anger, hate, discrimination, lust, fornication, smoking, drunkenness, lying, envy, murder, and all other sins? It also means that you have the love of God in your heart and love your fellow human being as yourself? It means that you have confessed your sins, repented of them and undergone the baptism of the Holy Spirit and the power of the Holy Spirit is in now in you? Whatever you say comes to pass?

It means you are a rare breed.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:09 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,659,469 times
Quote:
So it means you are living above anger,...
...Please keep in mind that I do not profess to be, nor do I aspire to become a "Bishop/overseer/elder"...

Titus 1:7 Since an overseer (NIV)/elder (NLT)/Bishop (KJV) is entrusted with God's work, he must be blameless--not overbearing, not quick-tempered, not given to drunkenness, not violent, not pursuing dishonest gain.

...however, I do understand that I, as a pursuer of Christ, am "entrusted" with God's work, and it is my goal, by faith in Jesus Christ, by the grace of God, to live a blameless life, always striving to keep my words and actions in check, that my life would honor Him and bring Him glory....to "...let my light so shine before men that they may see my good works, and glorify my Father which is in heaven." Matthew 5:16. <(one of my most very favorite passages).

We must, as a born-again believer, always be mindful and concerned with the concerns of this new "heavenly world" more than of this world. We must make heaven our scope and aim, seek the favour of God above, keep up our communion with that new heavenly world by faith, and hope, and holy love, and make it our constant care and business to secure our title to and qualifications for the heavenly bliss. We should seek and secure what Christ has purchased at so vast an expense, and is taking so much care about. We must live such a life as Christ lived here on earth and lives now in heaven, according to our capacities.

Colossians 3:2 "Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth."

My heart's desire is to live as a disciple of Christ (keeping God as my Authoritative Figure), one who subscribes to the teachings of a Master and assists in spreading them, a "companion" of Christ, a joint heir with him to all that the Father has laid up in store in His Kingdom for His own. And in this earnest attempt toward a "given end" I feel it my duty...my expressed, loving duty to God, that I live my life according to His will...in a right, loving, intimate relationship with Him.

Colossians 3:1 "If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron
...hate,...
I do not hate anyone...especially my enemies. God says to love them and to pray for them; to forgive. I do.

I abhore that which is evil and cleave to that which is good.

Revelation 2:6 "But you have this in your favor: You hate the practices of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate."

Revelation 2:7 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God."

Quote:
...discrimination,...
I do not discriminate...that is judgement based upon prejudice. I am not prejudice. However, I do know right from wrong...I do understand what evil is, and I recognize sin...in this I can judge righteously..and I am supposed to according to God.

John 7:24 "Stop judging by mere appearances, and make a right judgment."

James 3:17 "But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere."

Quote:
...lust,...
Those who lust do not know God. I know God.

1 Thessalonians 4:5 "...not in passionate lust like the heathen, who do not know God;..."

Romans 13:14 "Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the sinful nature."

1 John 2:16 "For everything in the world--the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes and the boasting of what he has and does--comes not from the Father but from the world."

Quote:
...fornication,...
I do not.

Quote:
...smoking,...
I do not.

Quote:
...drunkenness,...
I do not.

Quote:
...lying,...
Psalm 120:2 "Deliver my soul, O LORD, from lying lips, [and] from a deceitful tongue."

This is a daily test God sends my way Marlbron...because so many times I want to believe that a "little white lie" that would keep feelings from being hurt...or to "save face" wouldn't be "so bad"...but every time I am confronted with this decision (which is a lot!), I search my heart and decide to make a way that I do not have to lie...like not opening my mouth.

1 Corinthians 10:13 "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: But God is faithful, Who will not suffer you be tempted above that ye are able; But will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."

God hates a liar.

Proverbs 12:22 "The LORD detests lying lips, but he delights in men who are truthful."

Quote:
...envy,...
I do not envy wicked men, nor do I desire their company.

Quote:
...murder,...
I do not murder, in thought or in deed.

Romans 13:9 "The commandments, "Do not commit adultery," "Do not murder," "Do not steal," "Do not covet," and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this one rule: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

Quote:
...and all other sins?...
Sin is the transgression of the law.

1 John 3:4 "Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: For sin is the transgression of the law."

The "law" spoken of here is the Ten Commandments. I keep the Ten Commandments of God as He instructs those who love Him to do...and I do...love Him, and keep them to show Him my love for Him.

Quote:
...It also means that you have the love of God in your heart and love your fellow human being as yourself?...
I love my neighbor as myself...

Mark 12:33 "And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love [his] neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices."

...and God knows it.

Quote:
...It means that you have confessed your sins, repented of them and undergone the baptism of the Holy Spirit and the power of the Holy Spirit is in now in you?...
Amen! Praise be to God!

Quote:
...Whatever you say comes to pass?...
Whatever the Father says, will come to pass.

Quote:
...It means you are a rare breed.
part of a remnant...very few will earnestly seek to find this narrow path...the Way...the Truth...and the Life.

God Bless you Marlbron.

Verna.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:19 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,945,573 times
Quote:
Whatever the Father says, will come to pass.

Amen, too bad many people do not actually believe this.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:29 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,023,692 times
Quote:
...Please keep in mind that I do not profess to be, nor do I aspire to become a "Bishop/overseer/elder"...

Verna.
If all you say is true, why do you not follow Jesus? You talk of sin and sin nature more than you do of leading men and women to the Truths that Jesus spoke of. He taught forgiveness, you talk sin. He talked about mercy, you talk about sin. He talked about brotherly love, you talk about sin and that you hate a sinful brother or sister and cannot abide to be around them when you know for a fact that those are the very people that Jesus had as apostles. I say you are wishful in your thinking. Oh, you mean well and your words strike a cord but to be sin free, you must not also have tendencies to sin. Thus, you are still a "sinner" according to your bible and what Jesus taught. If you want people to follow you and believe all that you say, try being compassionate towards those who you deem undeserving of God's love. Try being forgiving to those whom you have not yet met who are facing time for murder. Try having mercy for those who stumble and fall quite often throughout their earthly journey. Try being in the world and just letting others find their own path without telling them how wrong and sinful they are and how perfect you deem yourself to be. People want to know how to overcome without religion shoved in their faces. Pwople want to know how you overcame addictions, abuse, no love, judgementalism. They want to know how so that they too can overcome. Teach them that instead of how sinful they are.

Jesus taught Love above all else. Love of the very people you say that you and God hate. God does not hate one person no matter what they have done. We are to become perfect as He is perfect and even false beliefs must be overcome. False religions are also included. Even if you never committed a willful sin in your entire life, a false belief must be compensated for before you can progress past your current soul condition. I have no doubt that you are a very kind and loving person yet you put conditions on that love. Jesus didn't have any condition as He knew that each one of us belongs to God and what we do or don't do is up to us and will be worked out with God and God alone.

Oh, and remember, the first commandment states that we are to have no other God's before God. Why do you keep putting Jesus above God when He is not God and has even made that statement in your bible. But I'm sure you'll go into the circle of proving the bible with the bible, huh.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:32 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,367,648 times
Quote:

We must, as a born-again believer, always be mindful and concerned with the concerns of this new "heavenly world" more than of this world. We must make heaven our scope and aim, seek the favour of God above, keep up our communion with that new heavenly world by faith, and hope, and holy love, and make it our constant care and business to secure our title to and qualifications for the heavenly bliss. We should seek and secure what Christ has purchased at so vast an expense, and is taking so much care about. We must live such a life as Christ lived here on earth and lives now in heaven, according to our capacities.

Verna.
Hi Verna,
With all due respect, and for the sake of the growth of us both, I have a couple of questions:
how can you be "concerned about" something (a heavenly world) that you've never even seen before? And how can you live the same life Christ lived/lives now if you've never seen Him before?? What exactly does it mean to live a life like He is living in heaven now? Is that even physically possible?

It seems that you are living your life based on "imagined" things..

Hoping you can clarify.

Blessings,
Brian

Old 12-16-2010, 07:41 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:

part of a remnant...very few will earnestly seek to find this narrow path...the Way...the Truth...and the Life.
Jesus is the entrance into that narrow path Verna, not the 10 commandments, "I am the gate" John 10:1 God also makes this path known to us and draws us to it "You make known to me the path of life; Psalm 16:11"and he also draws us to it “No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them"John 6:44.

Verna there has only been one who earnestly and successfully sought the narrow path His name is Jesus. !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just as the scriptures say's "There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God". Romans 3:11

Old 12-16-2010, 08:25 AM

3,066 posts, read 3,722,527 times
Quote:
So it means you are living above anger, hate, discrimination, lust, fornication, smoking, drunkenness, lying, envy, murder, and all other sins? It also means that you have the love of God in your heart and love your fellow human being as yourself? It means that you have confessed your sins, repented of them and undergone the baptism of the Holy Spirit and the power of the Holy Spirit is in now in you? Whatever you say comes to pass?

It means you are a rare breed.
RESPONSE

Discriminating readers should recognize claims without evidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity