Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 11:51 PM

1,496 posts, read 2,438,166 times

Advertisements

Your wife is not got any serious illness? hope not... I think she is trying to avoid something...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2010, 12:29 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
If you married this girl because of your own desires for sex, than you probably married for the wrong reason.
Perhaps, the problem is mutual, take a closer look in the mirror. It's hard to know with only one side of the story.

Old 12-16-2010, 03:56 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,689,231 times
he didn't say he married for sex,he said it was part of the deal,which of course,it is.
that said,yes,IA,there are 2 sides to every story.

Old 12-16-2010, 04:29 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,926,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticViking View Post
I think this is more of a post to vent ...but any encouragement would be great. Before I married, i posted on here for advice, and a lot of it was to run the other way, well as you can see i didnt...My wife has some definate anger/depression/mental problems, and is currently trying to get treatment for it. She gets upset over no big deal at all...she has broken my computer by throwing it, said some horrible things to me...she can really be sweet and loving, but its almost as you dont know which way to catch her. I feel i am very good to her, and i feel unappreciated. I am trying to be strong for the both of us during this time. I am a Christian, and my pastor has been very good to us. She just always seems down in the dumps, depressed, she is ill often...and of course being newlyweds, and being that i waited to have sex when married, i would like to have sex, and a lot of times it is like pulling teeth, and she gives in or something which doesnt make me feel good...and then i get the "all you care about is having sex with me"...of course i would like sex, i mean we are newlyweds and i waited...its just starting to take its toll, and it has only been 3 months since we have been married..all i want is peace, and i want her to be easy going and happy, but i dont know if i see that in the near future. Any advice or thoughts?
Did you not know of these issues before hand? If so why did you go through with it? And this is yet another example of why abstaining from sex until married is a horrible idea. In any case, good luck. And most definitely get her into treatment. The longer she waits, the worse it will get, and it can get very, very bad to the point is shuts her down. She may resist, but do all you can to get her help, it may save her life.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:54 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,943,763 times
Quote:
I think this is more of a post to vent ...but any encouragement would be great. Before I married, i posted on here for advice, and a lot of it was to run the other way, well as you can see i didnt...My wife has some definate anger/depression/mental problems, and is currently trying to get treatment for it. She gets upset over no big deal at all...she has broken my computer by throwing it, said some horrible things to me...she can really be sweet and loving, but its almost as you dont know which way to catch her. I feel i am very good to her, and i feel unappreciated. I am trying to be strong for the both of us during this time. I am a Christian, and my pastor has been very good to us. She just always seems down in the dumps, depressed, she is ill often...and of course being newlyweds, and being that i waited to have sex when married, i would like to have sex, and a lot of times it is like pulling teeth, and she gives in or something which doesnt make me feel good...and then i get the "all you care about is having sex with me"...of course i would like sex, i mean we are newlyweds and i waited...its just starting to take its toll, and it has only been 3 months since we have been married..all i want is peace, and i want her to be easy going and happy, but i dont know if i see that in the near future. Any advice or thoughts?

You seem to focus upon your own sexual gratification the most as if you are owed that from her. You probably need to leave your wife so she can finally get away from you.

Old 12-16-2010, 03:03 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
If you married this girl because of your own desires for sex, than you probably married for the wrong reason.
Perhaps, the problem is mutual, take a closer look in the mirror. It's hard to know with only one side of the story.
Did you read the part where she threw a computer across a room breaking it. She has some issues that require professional help.

Old 12-16-2010, 04:21 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,000,976 times
What's your age? Not always a perfect barometer, but a good gauge at times.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:15 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,833,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I do not believe in this demon theory. A believer cannot be demon possessed. There are many forms of treatable mental disorders, and I would start at the church because they have experience of these things and they can recommend the right course of action, even refer a professional with licence to prescribe medication.
Thats cool and that is why it is merely a theory

Old 12-16-2010, 08:16 PM

478 posts, read 772,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
You seem to focus upon your own sexual gratification the most as if you are owed that from her. You probably need to leave your wife so she can finally get away from you.
Why would you say such a heartless and rotten thing, Phazelwood? A man wanting intimate, physical love with his wiffe- call it sex if you will- is completely normal and healthy. Her wanting NOT to- that is what is unhealthy and needs looking into. Him wanting to enjoy that is NOT the problem, and it isn't about anyone "owing" it to anyone, it's just something that is utterly and absolutely necessary if two people are going to be in a committed union that such as marriage- that is, if they are to be HAPPY. Sure, if both people are asexual and do not care for intimacy- that's one thing. But most people are red blooded and desire physical intimacy, and if one partner does not- well, therein lies the problem, and it's a completley valid one.

While I personally think it is a very bad idea for people to abstain from sex before committing, and this is the reason why, that is beside the point. Bottom line, Celtic, is that you and she need counseling, and while I know you mentioned being christian, perhaps you might investigate some non-secular counseling as well as secular in order that you gain as much perspective as possible, and so you are able to look at things from every angle possible and from a clinical standpoint.

It does sound like your wife has issues- whether they are mental or not- or if you and she are perhaps simply not suited for one another- that remains to be seen. I wish you the best and hope that you can figure things out to where you and she can lead the happiest lives you can, whether apart from one another or together. Best to you.

Old 12-16-2010, 09:50 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,366,046 times
Quote:
Hi CelticViking,
there are many people who are in your same situation, believe it or not!
I don't think your wife is demon-possessed, nor do I think she has a mental disorder.
The challenge for you might be no other than this: can you Love her and care for her and support and encourage her without sex?
This is what love is all about, and I believe that you have found a special woman who needs affection and love on a different level from you right now. Can you provide that? (someday you may need the same thing from her!)

The sex may then arrive sometime later down the road, and it will be more special and uniting than you see it right now.

Many blessings to you friend!
Brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity