Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 12:37 PM

8,174 posts, read 6,924,107 times

Advertisements

How I see it:

No! The carnal mind will not be saved. The carnal man is being destroyed.

This, however is good news for all...

That within us that needs to be destroyed, is on the path to destruction.
This is a GOOD thing!

God talks to us through His creation.
The carnal man is the lowly caterpillar.
The spiritual man is the butterfly.

The caterpillar must be destroyed so that the butterfly can live.

AS in Adam, ALL die.
So in Christ, shall ALL LIVE.

We are all on the path of death in order to be made alive.

In ADAM, ALL die.
In CHRIST, ALL live.

This is the path layed out for every man.
God's will be done.

And no carnal man does not do any sort of "choosing God"....
If I be lifted up, will draw ALL mankind to myself"
"You did not choose me, I chose you.."

Romans 12:3 For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned..

If faith is a gift from God, what does that say about the idea of Him either annihilating folks or eternally tormenting folks?
If either of those two were true scenarios, it definitely says something about God, can you figure out what it says about God?

Just some thoughts.
peace,
sparrow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2010, 12:47 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,338,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Scritpures say this:

Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

The verse says that the Carnal minded man HATES (enmity against) God. So if the Carnal mind can ONLY God and can't be subject to the Law of God then obviously the Carnal man is NOT going to follow God's Law or even obey God (since it HATES God).

Can they be saved?

Well I sure as h*ll hope so!

Old 12-18-2010, 06:15 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,030,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
How I see it:

No! The carnal mind will not be saved. The carnal man is being destroyed.

This, however is good news for all...

That within us that needs to be destroyed, is on the path to destruction.
This is a GOOD thing!

God talks to us through His creation.
The carnal man is the lowly caterpillar.
The spiritual man is the butterfly.

The caterpillar must be destroyed so that the butterfly can live.

AS in Adam, ALL die.
So in Christ, shall ALL LIVE.

We are all on the path of death in order to be made alive.

In ADAM, ALL die.
In CHRIST, ALL live.

This is the path layed out for every man.
God's will be done.

And no carnal man does not do any sort of "choosing God"....
If I be lifted up, will draw ALL mankind to myself"
"You did not choose me, I chose you.."

Romans 12:3 For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned..

If faith is a gift from God, what does that say about the idea of Him either annihilating folks or eternally tormenting folks?
If either of those two were true scenarios, it definitely says something about God, can you figure out what it says about God?

Just some thoughts.
peace,
sparrow
Great post Sparrow. That kinds cuts to the point of my op. It shows that there is NO WAY without violating scripture to say that one chooses God. When it is clear that the only one that can choose God is God.

Old 12-18-2010, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
Well I sure as h*ll hope so!
Yes, He can and will - save us all.

Old 12-18-2010, 07:34 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,162 times
Okay, this is a hard one. Not the answer but the way some may try to twist the answer.

Yes the carnal minded can and will be saved if the accept Christ. Everyone is carnal in one way or another even the saved.

Now this is the difficult part. We all die, except those who will be raptured and those who will survive till the end of the tribulation. All will be resurrected and live in the 1000 year reign of Christ and still many will reject Him and be cast into the lake of fire meant for Satan and his demons. This supports ET, UR, ES and whatever else is out there but only theories at this time. Do with this what you will it is merely a theory.

Old 12-19-2010, 05:26 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
A carnal meat headed man will never be saved to the Lord Jesus and will die in his sin blaspheming the Lord Jesus, and will be rose up for the great Judgement and die a second death.......... BUT if the Children of God were to pray for this carnal minded man and ask forgiveness, expect a change of mind and even sow a seed for a point of Contact to Jesus, then Jesus will clean the blasphemous spirit out and put words to challange the mans soul,..... And if that man takes the fishers of man bait from the Lord and turns to Jesus and gets saved ....... or he may continue to reject the Lord and become carnal minded again, it is the mans power and will, that Jesus needs to change supernaturally........ These are the prayer gifts of the Holy Spirit, of the evangelist

Old 12-19-2010, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
A carnal meat headed man will never be saved to the Lord Jesus and will die in his sin blaspheming the Lord Jesus, and will be rose up for the great Judgement and die a second death.......... BUT if the Children of God were to pray for this carnal minded man and ask forgiveness, expect a change of mind and even sow a seed for a point of Contact to Jesus, then Jesus will clean the blasphemous spirit out and put words to challange the mans soul,..... And if that man takes the fishers of man bait from the Lord and turns to Jesus and gets saved ....... or he may continue to reject the Lord and become carnal minded again, it is the mans power and will, that Jesus needs to change supernaturally........ These are the prayer gifts of the Holy Spirit, of the evangelist
But if the man is Carnal and Hates God as the scriptures show then He could never take the "fishers of man bait" from the Lord. The scripture refutes what your saying in that regard. Your saying a Carnal man might turn to the Lord. The scripture says that the Carnal man HATES God and CANNOT be subject to the Law of God.

Old 12-19-2010, 07:25 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
and the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for to him they are foolishness, and he is not able to know them, because spiritually they are discerned;

1 Cor 2:14

Old 12-19-2010, 06:47 PM

351 posts, read 355,144 times
[quote=trettep;17050721]Scritpures say this:

Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

The verse says that the Carnal minded man HATES (enmity against) God. So if the Carnal mind can ONLY God and can't be subject to the Law of God then obviously the Carnal man is NOT going to follow God's Law or even obey God (since it HATES God).

Can they be saved?

Yes they can but only through God's grace. The best definition I ever heard of God's Grace was " Divine influence on the heart." The carnal heart by itself can not change. Only when God puts pressure on and gives us the wherewithal to change can such change happen. Remember our faith and every other gift we receive comes from God. Why he gives this gift in different degrees to different people who knows? God is not a respecter of persons and will have mercy on who he will have mercy and harden who he will harden. But in the end it is all for good and he will save all his children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity