Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 01:44 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Thanks Brian...there aren't very many people I actually consider true Christians but you are certainly one of them and you understand that we all don't have to agree on everything...the paths we take all lead to the same place even if they are different from others.
Agreed. If we all trusted the Spirit to lead us, each one in his/her own way, instead of expecting everyone to just adhere to a doctrine, we would reach unity faster..
The Lord will lead us all into unity if we trust Him. It can be no other way, because the Lord is One.

Blessings Christy!
Brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2010, 01:48 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,211,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I think you will find she does not believe in God, faith is not necessary to her, so it stands to reason she does not believe God loves her, this requires faith, no 2 ways about it.The WITHIN she is talking about is not the Spirit of Christ. Christ

To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
Tsk...tsk...tsk...just because I don't believe in YOUR version of God doesn't mean I don't believe in God. You portray a perfect example of the people who belong to over 30,000 denominations of Christianity who fight and condemn each other over the stupidest things. I am thankful I am compassionate and tolerant of others and nothing like you.

Old 12-22-2010, 01:58 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Tsk...tsk...tsk...just because I don't believe in YOUR version of God doesn't mean I don't believe in God. You portray a perfect example of the people who belong to over 30,000 denominations of Christianity who fight and condemn each other over the stupidest things. I am thankful I am compassionate and tolerant of others and nothing like you.
No i am not tolerant of you coming on here ripping and dishing christians and talking down to them, so please do not for one minute try and tell me you are tolerant of other faith's.. For your info i am not part of any organization or denomination,and haven't been for as long as i can remember.I don't claim to be a christian, a bible believer, universalist or anything else.Infact the only faith i have a hard time with and struggle to be tolerant of, is hard line fundamental christianity.

I am not letting you off the hook with the contradictory BS you are coming out with in regards to the christian faith and your belief.I am not condemning you i am calling you out on your BS.I believe you are as mixed up in your beliefs,no less than what you say christians are, the only difference being, is you do not believe the bible to be inspired.

You are back tracking now, you said you don't believe in faith without physical evidence, and now you are saying you believe in a God(see what i mean contradictory BS) but not my version , where's the physical evidence that you have been demanding from christians that this God you believe in,without faith is real ?.

Last edited by pcamps; 12-22-2010 at 02:34 PM..

Old 12-22-2010, 02:40 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,894,522 times
[quote=Finn_Jarber;17083452]Yes, God ordered the Jews to cleanse the Holy Land of unholy people. Joshua, and many other Jewish leaders dedicated their entire lives to fulfill this command. quote]

As best I can tell, Finn_Jaber is the only person who believes Chapter 31 of the Book of Numbers is true as it is written.

That's very interesting. I thought more of you would accept the whole Bible as the true word of God.

I wonder what the Jews think? Do you know of any discussion groups where I could ask them?

Old 12-22-2010, 03:35 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
[quote=hiker45;17102869]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, God ordered the Jews to cleanse the Holy Land of unholy people. Joshua, and many other Jewish leaders dedicated their entire lives to fulfill this command. quote]

As best I can tell, Finn_Jaber is the only person who believes Chapter 31 of the Book of Numbers is true as it is written.

That's very interesting. I thought more of you would accept the whole Bible as the true word of God.

I wonder what the Jews think? Do you know of any discussion groups where I could ask them?
Hi Hiker , I too believe the scriptures are inspired of God, but they are of no private interpretation,men today even like back then believe they are doing God a service by going to war in his name, and unfortunately men today think they are doing God a service by threatening everyone who rejects the message of Jesus. James and John thought it would be the right thing to threaten those who rejected Jesus' message, by asking about fire to be called down from heaven, they were rebuked by Jesus and told they did not know what spirit they were of.

Last edited by pcamps; 12-22-2010 at 04:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity