Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 11:37 AM

37,336 posts, read 28,087,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
This is what you said that led me to my conclusion:

"...man living by the light he had(and that is where God met him), his light approved of all the atrocities we read about, the light we have today..."

'His' refers to god or does it refers to man?
The veiled light(knowledge) that man viewed God by because of the darkness he's in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2010, 11:42 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,186,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Infact you did and are if you read your posts.

Also tell me how can you be taken seriously over what you believe "in knowing yourself is knowing god", and "you have finally found the truth"?,
prove this to me. You might be close to the answer you are looking from me.
You're wrong....I never claimed they were receiving inspiration from a book...show me the post!

All I did was throw the Christian claim of inspired writing back at you.

Old 12-21-2010, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
You're wrong....I never claimed they were receiving inspiration from a book...show me the post!

All I did was throw the Christian claim of inspired writing back at you.
Post 49 i quoted you.

How do you throw something back that was never thrown at you in the first place. I have also never claimed to be a christian, i'm not.

Old 12-21-2010, 11:56 AM

5,553 posts, read 7,975,982 times
Quote:
The veiled light(knowledge) that man viewed God by because of the darkness he's in.
So Pcamps, we are just better people than the folks back then. We got/get it but they just, for the life of them, could not? The ability to make things better resided with man and not with god? 2,000 years ago, god just decided it was time we stepped up our game by sending Jesus as opposed to say, in the time of Moses?

Old 12-21-2010, 11:58 AM

5,553 posts, read 7,975,982 times
Quote:
Post 49 i quoted you.

How do you throw something back that was never thrown at you in the first place. I have also never claimed to be a christian, i'm not.
So what are you, Pcamps? Not a follower of Christ or his message which historically would make you a Christian???

Old 12-21-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
God never held back on anything Insane,the world fell into grave darkness, we began to think naturally rather than spiritually and the more we did, the more further from the light we got, to the point we were completely alienated in our minds to anything spiritual.

The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.John 1:5

"The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light.But if your eyes are bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!. Matthew 6:22-23.

I think many of us need a visit God's health care center to get our eye sight fixed.
Christygirl if you do not understand the principle of these 2 scriptures, i doubt very much you have any understanding of what you say you now believe in.

Last edited by pcamps; 12-21-2010 at 12:36 PM..

Old 12-21-2010, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Post 49 i quoted you.

OK...I read post 49...I can't find anywhere in that post where I claimed they were inspired by a book.

BTW...I wasn't speaking of throwing it out specifically to you but to those who were making that claim.

Old 12-21-2010, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Christygirl if you do not understand the principle of these 2 sciptures, i doubt very much you have any understanding of what you say you now believe in.
Actually...I'm very clear regarding those scriptures and their original intent. A short course in Ancient Astrotheology would clear it up for you as well.

Old 12-21-2010, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
So Pcamps, we are just better people than the folks back then. We got/get it but they just, for the life of them, could not? The ability to make things better resided with man and not with god? 2,000 years ago, god just decided it was time we stepped up our game by sending Jesus as opposed to say, in the time of Moses?
Insane you are totally missing the point,man can only live by the knowledge he has,if this was not the case, Pharoah would have been driving around in a Mustang instead of a chariot, this is the same in the Spirit,man could only do spiritually what he had knowledge of.

The light was there but man could not comprehend it. It's never not been there,man was so far removed from God, he couldn't see it. God became flesh dwelt amongst us and revealed who he really was in the life of his son.

Old 12-21-2010, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
OK...I read post 49...I can't find anywhere in that post where I claimed they were inspired by a book.

BTW...I wasn't speaking of throwing it out specifically to you but to those who were making that claim.
The words i quoted on post 49 are your words.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity