Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2010, 08:25 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,406,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
People who put their trust in
  • a cult,
  • in Budda,
  • Mohammad,
  • in some New Age jibberish,
  • or Baal,
  • or Zeus
  • or obeying the law,
  • or works righteousness,
will be forced to acknowledge that they were wrong about their beliefs to God's glory.
Then they will be considered worthless and sent to their damnation.

And the righteous will rejoice !!!
And the righteous will rejoice even more when this happens.

"All the earth shall worship Thee, and shall sing to Thy Name." Ps. 66:4

"All the ends of the world shall turn unto the Lord, and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before Thee." Ps. 22:27

Here is a snippet from Gary Amirault's
THE ETYMOLOGY OF THE WORD DAMN

The words "damn" and "Hell" are among favorite words spoken by theologians of the "hell-fire type, that is, as long as they are used in church. These same words used in the local bar or on the athletic field would constitute "cussing" which would not be considered proper. If you are a little uncomfortable even reading about the word "damn" just remember the "Authorized" King James Bible uses it quite frequently. Let us look into the etymology of this word "damn." We may find some interesting surprises.

Then, in his conclusion Gary wrote

In conclusion, it is time for many preachers to stop blaspheming our Father. When they say that hordes of humanity are "damned to hell," they themselves are actually guilty of misrepresenting the Creator's role as Judge. The Scriptures declare that the earth will learn righteousness when His judgments are in the earth. It is we, who call ourselves Christians, who need to clean up our mouths and hearts far more than the unbeliever drowning his miseries at the local bar.

The rest of Gary's exposition can be read here.
Etymology of the Word Damn

Last edited by rodgertutt; 12-24-2010 at 08:29 PM.. Reason: spacing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2010, 10:30 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,917,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post

THE GREATEST DEPTH OF EVIL IS FOUND ONLY IN THE CHURCH

L. Ray Smith

L. Ray Smith - Letter to John Hagee

L.Ray Smith - Letter 2 to James Kennedy
Quote:
Sounds like L. Ray Smith got fired from Barnum & Bailey Circus and is looking for new audiences.
Smith is only doing his job---exposing frauds like Hagee.

Pastor John Hagee Scandal - Heresy, Fraud, Adultery and Hate

Quote:
John Hagee contradicts himself time and again in his personal life- John Hagee had an adulterous affair and divorced his wife to unbiblically remarry a much younger woman from his own former congregation. What does John Hagee get in return for his heretical ministry? John Hagee has a $2.1 million dollar 7,969 acre ranch with not one, but FIVE lodges, a managers house, a gun locker, a smoke house, a skeet range and three barns. In the year 2001, John Hagee received $842,000 in salary and $414,485 in benefits [for a total of 1.2 million dollars] making him one of the best paid men on earth in ANY field.

Old 12-24-2010, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
[b]

Thoughts from a different point of view.
Is the Doctrine of Limited Punishment, Terminated by Destruction True?
The Doctrine of Limited Punishment, Terminated by Destruction.
I am studying the link--it's a long read---but many proponents of annihilation do not believe God will subject sinners to a term of penal punishment and then destroy their souls, as per the opening paragraphs of the link. The majority of believers in annihilation subscribe to the notion that sinners will be judged and then be immediately and mercifully "euthanized". In this way the universe is cleansed of all sin and evil, the justice of God is satisfied, and His mercy is demonstrated. To my knowledge, (which is limited on this topic, I admit) all the scriptures having to do with destruction of the soul make no references to any type of penal punishment that must transpire before destruction takes place--in other words, a murderer doesn't have to suffer 10 years more than a thief before both are wiped out of existence; the annihilation of their souls is full payment for the penalty of their sins, far as I can see the scriptures are indicating. If anyone has scriptural evidence that a term of suffering must precede the annihilation I would be very interested in examining it; such evidence would likely influence my belief in annihilation being the form of eternal destiny subscribed to in the bible.

UR does have much support biblically, but for me, at least at this stage, annihilation is so well represented in scripture that I cannot ignore it. I only know that ET makes absolutely no sense---that God would bring into existence hundreds of billions of people just to torment them for eternity. No matter how the ET'ers try to spin this, the utter stupidity of ET is inescapable.

Last edited by thrillobyte; 12-24-2010 at 11:16 PM..

Old 12-24-2010, 11:05 PM

8,172 posts, read 6,924,107 times
thrill...
(just some things to add to your journey)
Love Conquers All.
Really, really think about that.

Evil has no chance.
It will not just "wipe it away" or "snuff it out", it will CONQUER it.

Think of reconciliation.
Think of the POWER of love, and think of the SOURCE of ALL love.

Every knee WILL bow... and every tongue will swear ALLIEGANCE.
BECAUSE.... LOVE CONQUERS ALL.

I know you are studying. But reflecting on love and what Jesus demonstrated as well as studying the awesome (unmatchable) power of love (God IS love) is something to prayerfully ponder, as you seek and study. Peace to you on your journey, it's a good one!
and have a Merry Christmas!
sparrow

Old 12-24-2010, 11:07 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,690,158 times
awesome sparrow!

Old 12-24-2010, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
thrill...
(just some things to add to your journey)
Love Conquers All.
Really, really think about that.

Evil has no chance.
It will not just "wipe it away" or "snuff it out", it will CONQUER it.

Think of reconciliation.
Think of the POWER of love, and think of the SOURCE of ALL love.

Every knee WILL bow... and every tongue will swear ALLIEGANCE.
BECAUSE.... LOVE CONQUERS ALL.

I know you are studying. But reflecting on love and what Jesus demonstrated as well as studying the awesome (unmatchable) power of love (God IS love) is something to prayerfully ponder, as you seek and study. Peace to you on your journey, it's a good one!
and have a Merry Christmas!
sparrow
Thank you, sparrow. Same to you

Old 12-25-2010, 05:17 AM

Thumbs up An even better link imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I am studying the link--it's a long read---but many proponents of annihilation do not believe God will subject sinners to a term of penal punishment and then destroy their souls, as per the opening paragraphs of the link. The majority of believers in annihilation subscribe to the notion that sinners will be judged and then be immediately and mercifully "euthanized". In this way the universe is cleansed of all sin and evil, the justice of God is satisfied, and His mercy is demonstrated. To my knowledge, (which is limited on this topic, I admit) all the scriptures having to do with destruction of the soul make no references to any type of penal punishment that must transpire before destruction takes place--in other words, a murderer doesn't have to suffer 10 years more than a thief before both are wiped out of existence; the annihilation of their souls is full payment for the penalty of their sins, far as I can see the scriptures are indicating. If anyone has scriptural evidence that a term of suffering must precede the annihilation I would be very interested in examining it; such evidence would likely influence my belief in annihilation being the form of eternal destiny subscribed to in the bible.

UR does have much support biblically, but for me, at least at this stage, annihilation is so well represented in scripture that I cannot ignore it. I only know that ET makes absolutely no sense---that God would bring into existence hundreds of billions of people just to torment them for eternity. No matter how the ET'ers try to spin this, the utter stupidity of ET is inescapable.
thrillobyte, here's an even better link, IMO, specifically written to explain why some of us believe the Bible teaches universal salvation rather than annihilation. I hope you can enjoy it as much as I did.

AN EVEN BETTER LINK IMO

ETERNAL DEATH ANNIHILATION ONE STEP OUT OF HELL ONE STEP SHORT OF GLORY
Eternal Death (Conditional Mortality, Annihilation): One Step Out of Hell; One Step Short of Glory

Last edited by rodgertutt; 12-25-2010 at 05:20 AM.. Reason: addition

Old 12-25-2010, 08:03 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,030,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post

Thrillobyte, did you know I use to preach annihilationism? The Bible does teach a form of annhilationism. But it is an annihilation of the evil nature of man. That is the only part of annihilation that will take place. God will completely destroy our natures by giving us His.

Remember Moses would have rather ceased to be alive (such as is the case with annihilation) if God would not take away the sins of the people.

Exo 32:31 And Moses turneth back unto Jehovah, and saith, `Oh this people hath sinned a great sin, that they make to themselves a god of gold;
Exo 32:32 and now, if Thou takest away their sin--and if not--blot me, I pray thee, out of Thy book which Thou hast written.'

Old 12-25-2010, 08:21 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
And the righteous will rejoice even more when this happens.

"All the earth shall worship Thee, and shall sing to Thy Name." Ps. 66:4

"All the ends of the world shall turn unto the Lord, and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before Thee." Ps. 22:27

Here is a snippet from Gary Amirault's
THE ETYMOLOGY OF THE WORD DAMN

The words "damn" and "Hell" are among favorite words spoken by theologians of the "hell-fire type, that is, as long as they are used in church. These same words used in the local bar or on the athletic field would constitute "cussing" which would not be considered proper. If you are a little uncomfortable even reading about the word "damn" just remember the "Authorized" King James Bible uses it quite frequently. Let us look into the etymology of this word "damn." We may find some interesting surprises.

Then, in his conclusion Gary wrote

In conclusion, it is time for many preachers to stop blaspheming our Father. When they say that hordes of humanity are "damned to hell," they themselves are actually guilty of misrepresenting the Creator's role as Judge. The Scriptures declare that the earth will learn righteousness when His judgments are in the earth. It is we, who call ourselves Christians, who need to clean up our mouths and hearts far more than the unbeliever drowning his miseries at the local bar.

The rest of Gary's exposition can be read here.
Etymology of the Word Damn
Gary's a counterfeit.

God said:

Romans 2:7
To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life.

Romans 2:8
But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger.

Romans 2:7 is being compared to Romans 2:8. Your choice is to be intellectual or be deliberatly stupid. There are two different groups of people, with two different objectives, with two different outcomes.

Being that God is making the comparisons:

Romans 2:7 ends eternally then..... Romans 2:8 ends eternally

---------------

Romans 2:7 are those that Jesus says are on his right Matthew 25:34
Romans 2:8 are those that Jesus says are on his left Matthew 25:41

-------------------------------
Romans 2:7 are those that Jesus says are his sheep Matthew 25:33
Romans 2:8 are those that Jesus says are the goats Matthew 25:33

-------------------------------------

Romans 2:7 are those that Jesus says:
‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.' Matthew 25:34

Romans 2:8 are those that Jesus says:
‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.' Matthew 25:41

Last edited by twin.spin; 12-25-2010 at 08:54 AM..

Old 12-25-2010, 08:49 AM

Post Salvation out of the lake of fire which is the 2nd death

Quote:
Gary's a counterfeit.

God said:

Romans 2:7
To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life.
Most Bibles correctly translate it as age-during life
An Analytical Study of Words - Undivided Version

"Eternal" is an interpretation, not a translation.
AIÓN – AIÓNIOS
AIÓN -- AIÓNIOS

The first fruits of election will enjoy the coming age-during life.
The non-elect will experience the lake of fire which is the second death.

But everyone who is thrown into the lake of fire which is the second death will be saved out of it.

A Scriptural Journey Through the Lake Burning with Fire and Brimstone, Which is the SECOND DEATH
L. Ray Smith - The Lake of Fire - Part 1
L. Ray Smith - Lake of Fire - part 2
L. Ray Smith - Lake of Fire - Part 3
L. Ray Smith - Lake of Fire part 4

Quote:
Romans 2:8
But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger.
The purpose of God's wrath and anger.
WHAT GOD'S JUDGEMENT ALWAYS ACHIEVES - A.P. Adams
judgment.html

Last edited by rodgertutt; 12-25-2010 at 08:49 AM.. Reason: spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity