U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2010, 07:52 PM

339 posts, read 1,177,401 times

Advertisements

The year of 2010 seems to have been of the worst years for me that I've experienced. Not so much economically/financially...but in the fact that I have become the victim of a crime twice this year, and the 3rd time I was falsely accused of something that I didn't even do! I turned down the plea bargain and trial is coming up early next year...In a nutshell, there just ALWAYS seems to be SOMETHING going on. That is...unless I just keep to myself. It almost seems like I have friends coming into my life over the years who are like the devil in disguise. At somepoint along the way, things start happening...almost IMMEDIATELY after knowing them. I'm not talking about love relationships...I'm talking about platonic friendships.

The most recent incident occured yesterday, a friend apparently had some secret conflict with someone that I was never told about. Long story short...his car is broken into while we're inside a bar, I had left my belonging inside which included keys, wallet, a large sum of money, bank cards and some other items. Few seconds later, someone comes up our direction and shot my friend. I was unharmed, but regardless I'm at a loss and my friend is gone.

When these things happen, sometimes I just sit and ask myself...what was it that I could have done to have really listened to and heeded the advice from what the great one above was telling me?

On my way to visit my friend, it was a long drive. all sorts of weird things was happening before I even arrived. 1st I got stopped by highway patrol, no ticket. Few hours later I clipped a refrigerator in the middle of the highway. Minor damage, but enough to shake me up. Fast forward a week later...its been full of problems. And last night was the last draw...I just thank God I was able to walk away...with my glasses (I cant legally drive without them) and my Driver's License (I'm here from out of state).

Is there anyway that I could allow myself to hear their warnings more clearly? How can you tell the difference between 'coincidence' and actual signs preventing you from doing things?

And another point...last night while we were at the bar, I was telling my friend if we could walk to the car because I needed to get some gum. He didn't feel I had to and that we were having enough fun as it was. By the time we did get there, all my stuff was gone...I believe my angel was trying to get me to go back.

Last edited by CruisingUSA; 12-20-2010 at 08:06 PM.. Reason: clarification...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2010, 04:39 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,639,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisingUSA View Post
The year of 2010 seems to have been of the worst years for me that I've experienced. Not so much economically/financially...but in the fact that I have become the victim of a crime twice this year, and the 3rd time I was falsely accused of something that I didn't even do! I turned down the plea bargain and trial is coming up early next year...In a nutshell, there just ALWAYS seems to be SOMETHING going on. That is...unless I just keep to myself. It almost seems like I have friends coming into my life over the years who are like the devil in disguise. At somepoint along the way, things start happening...almost IMMEDIATELY after knowing them. I'm not talking about love relationships...I'm talking about platonic friendships.

The most recent incident occured yesterday, a friend apparently had some secret conflict with someone that I was never told about. Long story short...his car is broken into while we're inside a bar, I had left my belonging inside which included keys, wallet, a large sum of money, bank cards and some other items. Few seconds later, someone comes up our direction and shot my friend. I was unharmed, but regardless I'm at a loss and my friend is gone.

When these things happen, sometimes I just sit and ask myself...what was it that I could have done to have really listened to and heeded the advice from what the great one above was telling me?

On my way to visit my friend, it was a long drive. all sorts of weird things was happening before I even arrived. 1st I got stopped by highway patrol, no ticket. Few hours later I clipped a refrigerator in the middle of the highway. Minor damage, but enough to shake me up. Fast forward a week later...its been full of problems. And last night was the last draw...I just thank God I was able to walk away...with my glasses (I cant legally drive without them) and my Driver's License (I'm here from out of state).

Is there anyway that I could allow myself to hear their warnings more clearly? How can you tell the difference between 'coincidence' and actual signs preventing you from doing things?

And another point...last night while we were at the bar, I was telling my friend if we could walk to the car because I needed to get some gum. He didn't feel I had to and that we were having enough fun as it was. By the time we did get there, all my stuff was gone...I believe my angel was trying to get me to go back.
Where He is leading us can sometimes be a true mystery!
At any rate, just trust Him and thank Him; He'll do the rest, and take care of you always!

My sincerest condolences for the loss of your friend. Guns are too easy to get in the US, imo. I can't believe they're still legal!!

Blessings to you!
Brian

Old 12-21-2010, 09:40 PM

339 posts, read 1,177,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Where He is leading us can sometimes be a true mystery!
At any rate, just trust Him and thank Him; He'll do the rest, and take care of you always!

My sincerest condolences for the loss of your friend. Guns are too easy to get in the US, imo. I can't believe they're still legal!!

Blessings to you!
Brian
OMG, my name is Brian too! What a coincidence....

And yes, the gun thing is a bit wild...first time actually encountering one before though. I'd be nice if one day they became like phones...with GPS tracking on them so everytime someone pulls the trigger, It'll be like dialing a number. It will be sent to a satellite and traced to who actually owns it. Brilliant...

Old 12-21-2010, 10:17 PM

8,831 posts, read 10,518,072 times
Quote:

Dear dear Brian, so sorry about the loss of your friend. I see a common theme in your post and that's bars. Stay away from them!! You seem to be running out of luck with the bar scene and it's time to hang up the hat and stay at home to do your drinking or whatever. You mentioned guardian angels.....well they can only do so much for you my dear, you have to listen and heed the warnings. They have handed you LARGE signs that you are choosing to ignore, stop your hanging out at bars and enjoy your life with friends at home or home parties.

Life is about way more than bars and drinking. You don't seem to have grasped this concept yet but someone and something is trying real hard to get your attention so you will stop this behavior. Listen.

Old 12-22-2010, 12:20 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,639,610 times
Quote:
OMG, my name is Brian too! What a coincidence....

And yes, the gun thing is a bit wild...first time actually encountering one before though. I'd be nice if one day they became like phones...with GPS tracking on them so everytime someone pulls the trigger, It'll be like dialing a number. It will be sent to a satellite and traced to who actually owns it. Brilliant...
Cool! Nice to meet another one of "us" every now and then!

I suppose long ago a gun was useful against bears and wolves.. But now that it's hard to find a bear in town, people seem to feel the need to shoot other people!
Be wise and always seek peace..

Blessings,
Brian

Old 12-22-2010, 12:24 AM

7,288 posts, read 11,717,458 times
I was going to say the same thing about bars. You don't sound that upset that your friend is "gone" . . . maybe I am misreading but it sounds like you are more upset that your stuff got ripped off and the other things that happened to you. Please forgive me if I have misunderstood and my condolences to you on the loss of your friend.

Old 12-26-2010, 04:23 AM

8,750 posts, read 7,987,524 times
There is a need from the Lord Jesus that his people must pray before miracle to come , like the Lord can talk to you and send you messages a lot, but if they do not ask the Lord to protect them in pray then he may just sit a watch his people get hurt and not do anything ..... So we must pray so the Lord Jesus can lead us away from any tragedy that may be on our path ......

Old 12-26-2010, 06:37 PM

68,649 posts, read 63,898,823 times
Maybe everything that has happened has occurred just the way is was supposed to, and that is the message. You don't know why right now, but you will.

To answer your question on a more practical day-to-day level, ask the question, and then let it go without trying to figure out the answer on your own. Concentrate on the area in the pit of your stomach when you ask, imagining a light there. (Not sure why that works, but it does.) Then...just listen. The answer will come. It takes practice, but you learn to hear it more easily as time goes on and with frequent practice. Use this for everyday small decisions to start to get the hang of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity