Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you prepare for the Great Tribulation?
I've already started to store up food for hard times (planning ahead) 1 12.50%
as soon as I find myself left behind, I will think about it 0 0%
I'm so sure I will get raptured that I just don't even think about it at all 0 0%
I'll just take no thoughts, I'll hope God will provide for my needs 3 37.50%
other (explain below) 4 50.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 09:30 AM

488 posts, read 1,251,642 times

Advertisements

Now, Let's suppose you didn't make the rapture (it's just a what if ...talking in general terms) if you managed to find some sort of a shelter or any safe place during the great tribulation how do you plan to survive? Remember, you did not take the mark of the beast and you just dropped out of society. you can't buy anything.. plus you must avoid crowded places as you don't even want to be seen and get caught. furthermore, WWIII has been goingon...

Last edited by doesntspringtomind; 12-21-2010 at 09:50 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2010, 11:57 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,690,406 times
ah heck,i dunno..play video games that show how to dodge 100 lb hailstones?
learn to survive on very little?
figure out how to buy and sell without the MOTB?
..and the list goes on...

Old 12-21-2010, 03:55 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,042,823 times
don't join any clubs for swimming or golfing you will lose your money on that day. I heard there is a place that will take your pets so you won't have to worry about them.

Old 12-21-2010, 07:11 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,690,406 times
they'll take your money,too

seriously,pray your pets can come with you;I've a feeling it will be done anyway.how many times do I have to say it? don't worry about who or what will be 'left behind'.there is no fear in Jesus.

Old 12-21-2010, 07:24 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Never given it a 2nd thought.

Old 12-21-2010, 08:06 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,623,201 times
What if? I would of thought that the rapture would have happened today.....you know, the "blood moon" and everything on the winter solstice.

Old 12-23-2010, 01:12 AM

910 posts, read 1,338,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doesntspringtomind View Post
Now, Let's suppose you didn't make the rapture (it's just a what if ...talking in general terms) if you managed to find some sort of a shelter or any safe place during the great tribulation how do you plan to survive? Remember, you did not take the mark of the beast and you just dropped out of society. you can't buy anything.. plus you must avoid crowded places as you don't even want to be seen and get caught. furthermore, WWIII has been goingon...
The great tribulation is on already. Why do you see recession , hard times, earthquakes, deaths everywhere? The beast is the epitomized by the supremacy of organized religion all over the world, most of them lacking in the very principle first of love

Old 12-23-2010, 07:05 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,834,115 times
The Great Tribulation events closely parallel the plagues in Egypt prior to the Exodus. There was no way to prepare for those plagues and there will be no way to 'prepare' for Great Tribulation events (at least in the context of "escaping them"). The only folks who were prepared for the Angel of Death at the end of the Egypt plagues, were those 'who passed under the blood of the lamb' over their doorpost. Likewise, when the Great Tribulation begins, the only ones "prepared" will also be those who are "under the blood of the Lamb ... Jesus Christ."

Since there is no way to actually prepare to avoid or escape the Great Tribulation, I believe that the intended time to respond to the horrific events depicted in Revelation ... is NOW! Since non-believers, by definition, do not believe the Bible or the Book of Revelation, the intended audience and warning is Christians. Believers should respond now, with a great sense of urgency, for the sake of the 'lost'. They should do that by obeying the Great Commission ... NOW! Unfortunately, far too many fall into the category of those of whom the Lord spoke when he said, "The harvest is ripe, but the workers are few."

In the context of the Great Tribulation, I believe Christians will be 'raptured' / removed prior to the Opening of the Seven Seals. However, neither my views of the 'rapture' (or yours) are not really the issue. The real question is 'How are we responding in faith NOW to the Great Commission?' --- Today, like many times in the past, we have every reason to believe we are living in the Last Days. Our times almost beg the question, "If you knew Christ would return next month, what would you do differently ... this month?" --- In these days, our living response may be more relevant than we imagine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity