Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you willing to die for the Lord, Jesus Christ?
Yes, even if I am tortured 19 54.29%
Yes, only if I have to die quickly with no torment 0 0%
No way 15 42.86%
Can't tell (why?) 1 2.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 10:18 PM

7,076 posts, read 12,348,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpsTN View Post
So, I take it you would not try to save a stranger's life if that person is a pedestrian with a bus coming at him that he doesn't see or something similar to that where you might be the one to be struck? I can't say I would, but I can't say I wouldn't either.
I'd consider it before I would ever consider dying for invisible people. No offense, just answering your question honestly. FWIW, I don't post as much on the theist forums, but when I see a thread about losing your life for this dude in the sky, I feel it is my duty to post some logic here. There are nuts in this world that really do kill themselves because their "God" is mad at their homosexuality for example. My advice to them is be gay and proud (and LIVE). So No!!!!! I don't agree with the whole die for your "savior" attitude. I just don't...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2010, 10:19 PM

9 posts, read 37,460 times
I think the real question should be, "Are you willing to LIVE for the Lord?"

Old 12-21-2010, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbiejeanangelina View Post
I think the real question should be, "Are you willing to LIVE for the Lord?"
Now THATS something even an atheist can agree with!!!

Old 12-21-2010, 11:00 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,623,201 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post

I won't comment on your fear of "some mark of the beast". As for the "end times", we all are living in them. It is called life. For some us, life is only a few months after conception; 100 years plus after birth for others. Still, no matter what, we all we see "the end times".
It's just odd to me that atheists would even care to comment when they don't even believe in God or the Bible to begin with. It seems like trolling to me. If you believed the Bible and what Revelation has revealed then you would know that we are indeed living in the last days, as in the very last days on earth as we know it. I know you've heard it all before, but being prepared for that and whatever may come is very important to some Christians. As a UR, I don't know how I feel or believe about any of this stuff anymore but I certainly will not come into a thread and mock those who believe it to be truth and are trying to warn others of that truth. They may have something that you and I don't have.

Quote:
Even when I did believe in Jesus and God (raised a Catholic) I still would not have died for either of them because I was taught that Jesus's death was the sacrifice to end ALL human sacrifices. Therefore, the thread question "Are you willing to lose your life for the Lord, Jesus Christ?" is moot.
Even when you did believe in Jesus and God?? So what changed that belief? It's so sad when I hear of atheists who "used to" believe and have gone the way of atheism....I don't get it. How could you have once believed and then now you don't? Where's your faith? What does your family have to say about your unbelief or have you even told them? Are you a C-D atheist and that's it? I admit there are some wild things that happen with cults and the like but I think the OP was suggesting, since he's stuck on the end times, that people be willing to lose their life after the rapture takes place. Just my take on it. I don't get it otherwise. What I'm trying to say is......don't you, in all of your infinite wisdom, know deep down that there is indeed a God?

Old 12-22-2010, 02:45 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
"How could you have once believed and then now you don't? "

A few answers to that question:
//www.city-data.com/forum/athei...lieve-god.html

Old 12-22-2010, 08:16 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times
The reality for most people is defined in the story of peter.

You can SAY anything......

Old 12-22-2010, 08:59 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,929 times
Quote:
I'll add to this by saying that I might consider it if Jesus was a close friend of mine (ie, someone I actually knew like a brother). Then again, I would have considered jumping in front of the bullet meant for MLK too if I knew the man personally. Not saying I would have jumped in front of it, but I would have considered doing it at least.
That's it! We have to KNOW Him and be acquainted with Him; and His Spirit doesn't abandon us, but stays with us, even in the time of our trial. Stephen is a perfect example, willing to ask the Father forgiveness for his malefactors before he breathed his last. Wonderful!!

MLK said he had been to the mountaintop, and I believe he was telling the truth. The Father allowed him to be overcome by the wickedness of flesh, but laying down our lives is not the end, but the beginning!

Blessings!
Brian

Old 12-22-2010, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Even when you did believe in Jesus and God?? So what changed that belief?
Actually sitting down and reading the bible, but this is getting off topic. The bottom line is that no one should be preaching death for a belief in deities. PERIOD!!! Such thinking is wreckless, anti-social, and borderline illegal. Nuff said...

Old 12-22-2010, 09:49 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,697 times
Yes I would be willing to die for my Lord and Savior. I live with pain everyday so torture would not bother me. I do have one drawback though, I fight back so they had best kill me quickly or I will take some with me.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:52 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,697 times
Quote:
Actually sitting down and reading the bible, but this is getting off topic. The bottom line is that no one should be preaching death for a belief in deities. PERIOD!!! Such thinking is wreckless, anti-social, and borderline illegal. Nuff said...
Then you never trully believed in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity