Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 11:48 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times

Advertisements

Two messages .... only one is the truth:

Gods will for humans TOS:
John 6:40
For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.”
Satan's tos popular and "loving" messages:

For my Father’s will is "ALL WILL" have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.”

or

For my Father’s will is I will raise him up at the last day and that "all will " look to the Son, will believe in him and will have eternal life"

or

For my Father’s will is that everyone that looks to anyone or thing other than the Son, believes in them instead shall have eternal life, and I will convert him to the truth at the last day.”

God TOS has:
  • having eternal life is before the ressurection not having it after
    • point: God's will is to look to the Son before death..not after.
  • "everyone who looks" not "everyone will look by my desire"
    • point: God acknowledges that not everyone will look
  • who looks to the Son and believes in him
    • point: God stipulates that belief is required
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2010, 12:55 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Two messages .... only one is the truth:

Gods will for humans TOS:
For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.”
Satan's tos popular and "loving" messages:

For my Father’s will is "ALL WILL" have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.”

or

For my Father’s will is I will raise him up at the last day and that "all will " look to the Son, will believe in him and will have eternal life"

or

For my Father’s will is that everyone that looks to anyone or thing other than the Son, believes in them instead shall have eternal life, and I will convert him to the truth at the last day.”

God TOS has:
  • having eternal life is before the ressurection not having it after
    • point: God's will is to look to the Son before death..not after.
  • "everyone who looks" not "everyone will look by my desire"
    • point: God acknowledges that not everyone will look
  • who looks to the Son and believes in him
    • point: God stipulates that belief is required
Don't you ever tire of misrepresenting the UR position, Twin . . . very annoying. The correct phrase is "believe on" (pisteuō eis) and it has nothing to do with an intellectual acknowledgment and choice. It either is or it isn't . . . and it is reflected in your fruits . . . not your claims. ONLY God knows whether or not you "believe on" Christ in your inner being. Christ's Holy Spirit is within ALL of us . . . but NOT ALL of us listen to or heed His guidance in our daily lives. Those who DO listen and heed this inner guide . . ."believe on" Him . . . whatever they claim or THINK they do or do not intellectually "believe in."

Old 12-24-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Don't you ever tire of misrepresenting the UR position, Twin . . . very annoying. The correct phrase is "believe on" (pisteuō eis) and it has nothing to do with an intellectual acknowledgment and choice. It either is or it isn't . . . and it is reflected in your fruits . . . not your claims. ONLY God knows whether or not you "believe on" Christ in your inner being. Christ's Holy Spirit is within ALL of us . . . but NOT ALL of us listen to or heed His guidance in our daily lives. Those who DO listen and heed this inner guide . . ."believe on" Him . . . whatever they claim or THINK they do or do not intellectually "believe in."
MysticPhD,
I tire of the misrepresentation of UR of God's authority and justice.

UR theology opposes Jesus .... God doesn't offer eternal life who doesn't "looks to the Son and believes in him".

Sorry Mystic, but even your higher intellengce is no match.

not what UR's counterfeit message:

or

Old 12-24-2010, 05:27 PM

Quote:
MysticPhD,
I tire of the misrepresentation of UR of God's authority and justice.

UR theology opposes Jesus .... God doesn't offer eternal life who doesn't "looks to the Son and believes in him".

Sorry Mystic, but even your higher intellengce is no match.

Sorry Twin . . . but this is the passage:

John 6:40 (King James Version)

40And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

It is your false reliance on an intellectual "believe in" choice that confuses you and leads to the mistaken ideas and evil things you believe about our loving God.

Old 12-25-2010, 01:58 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,014,610 times
Quote:
Well said, good and faithful servant Hence the warning of honoring Christ with one's lips but denying him with one's works.

Old 12-25-2010, 09:22 AM

Quote:
[/indent]Sorry Twin . . . but this is the passage:

John 6:40 (King James Version)

40And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

It is your false reliance on an intellectual "believe in" choice that confuses you and leads to the mistaken ideas and evil things you believe about our loving God.

What...? that's nonesense.

Old 12-25-2010, 02:56 PM

Quote:
What...? that's nonesense.
When you can truly say that you are capable of CHOOSING to believe something you do not already actually believe . . . then all your intellectual "believe in" nonsense will make sense. But I know you cannot CHOOSE to "believe in" ANYTHING you do not truly "believe on" already in your inner soul, period. All else is lies and vanity. Belief is not an intellectual choice . . . preference is. When you feel that there is a choice of more than one thing to "believe" . . . it means you do not believe any of the so-called "choices."

Old 12-25-2010, 08:03 PM

Quote:
When you can truly say that you are capable of CHOOSING to believe something you do not already actually believe . . . then all your intellectual "believe in" nonsense will make sense. But I know you cannot CHOOSE to "believe in" ANYTHING you do not truly "believe on" already in your inner soul, period. All else is lies and vanity. Belief is not an intellectual choice . . . preference is. When you feel that there is a choice of more than one thing to "believe" . . . it means you do not believe any of the so-called "choices."
Salvation isn't found in the inner soul ... like in scrooge, that could be nothing more than an undigested piece of potato.

Old 12-25-2010, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Salvation isn't found in the inner soul ... like in scrooge, that could be nothing more than an undigested piece of potato.
So you are saying your vacuous intellectual claim to "believe in" Jesus is NOT representative of what you truly "believe on" in your inner soul? You really believe that a superficial intellectual acknowledgment of Jesus and announcement to the world that you "believe in" Him is what is required . . . you think our purpose is to appease God's ego?God has no needs. He needs NOTHING FROM us.

Old 12-26-2010, 05:40 PM

503 posts, read 926,346 times
Quote:
The correct phrase is "believe on" (pisteuō eis) and it has nothing to do with an intellectual acknowledgment and choice.
No, the correct phrase is "believe into". eis means "into", not "on". Believe into the eternal reality of the son of God by denying self (and UR lies).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity