Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 05:32 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,498,990 times

Advertisements

We think it is our choice that we accepted Christ when in reality we were drawn to Him by His unconditional love for us in our most neediest of times. Many of us turned inward to Christ in our most desperate moment because He revealed Himself in our hearts at that time. He is the good shepherd who would have all of His sheep within His fold. It is not so much that we accept Him as it is that we recognize Him.....finally..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2010, 05:54 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,365,647 times
[quote=Verna Perry;17146749]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Actually, I do keep the commandments, Verna. And when I fail, He is willing to forgive. Always.
I know Him, and He knows me. And He doesn't condemn me.
In fact, His mercy endures forever! That means that He can and does forgive continually.

It is God who saves us, not we ourselves. He is the Shepherd, and He goes and finds the lost. And carries it home.

Blessings,
brian[/quote]

...so you are saying that you do indeed keep the seventh day Sabbath holy unto God?...you do no work on this day at all that you would get paid for..or that would cause others to be paid in service to you...? is this what you are saying Brian...? Are you saying that you do indeed honor God on this seventh day of the week and keep it holy...?...Friday evening sundown until Saturday evening sundown...?

...because if this is not what you are implying...then it does not matter if you do not comitt adultery...or murder...or covet...or have other god's before Him...or the rest of the Ten...if you break this fourth one...you are GUILTY! of breaking them all! Sin is lawlessness...Sin is the transgression of the law...and the law is the Ten Commandments!

No sinner partakes of Christ's justifying righteousness, till he repents of his evil deeds. PERIOD.

In Christ's love...and prayerfully in His truth,
Verna.
Verna:
Not only do I not work on Sunday, but I don't work on Saturda, either! In fact, I'd prefer to not work at all!
I also don't eat shrimp and I'm circumcised too!!

What more do you want???

Peace,
brian

Old 12-27-2010, 06:18 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,021,754 times
[quote=ahigherway;17147029]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post

Verna:
Not only do I not work on Sunday, but I don't work on Saturda, either! In fact, I'd prefer to not work at all!

What more do you want???

Peace,
brian
I don't think she understand yet that the sabbath was created for and by man and not the other way around. The sabbath is actually anytime you meditate and connect with God. It can be any day or any hour. As long as we make the connection, we are keeping the sabbath. Besides, not many fundamentalists actually talk to God since it would mean they would have to channel that energy in order to communicate with spirit beings, namely God being in the center of it all.

Some people just take things way too far and forget to just BE in the world and not be of the world. They are so wrapped up in the do's and don't's that life passes them by and they no longer enjoy it like the child that plays and never worries about anything but the moment. It's those little life moments that make it all worthwhile. Some people forget to be as the little children.

Old 12-27-2010, 06:37 AM

50,086 posts, read 20,687,859 times
I don't usually stick my nose into theist's corner, but this thread of rant, Bible - waving and fuzzy feelgood just makes me want to pop in before the New Year (which is only a manmade marker of no real significance - I did my New year resolution this week, too ) and just put into you minds the possibility of coming out of the incense - laden fug into the fresh air. You have nothing to lose but your hellfear.

If you have no hellfear, you have nothing to lose at all. There's no better word of comfort than 'there's nothing to be afraid of'.

Old 12-27-2010, 08:28 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,657,101 times
Quote:

Verna:

What more do you want???

Peace,
brian
...well Brian...thanks for all that, "extra information"...

What more do I want...? O.K. Well, let's see...let me ask you this...If you were told by your boss that you had to work on the Sabbath...(which is Friday night to Saturday night)...would you...?

Old 12-27-2010, 08:30 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,657,101 times
[quote=Reverend1111;17147158]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post

I don't think she understand yet that the sabbath was created for and by man and not the other way around. The sabbath is actually anytime you meditate and connect with God. It can be any day or any hour. As long as we make the connection, we are keeping the sabbath. Besides, not many fundamentalists actually talk to God since it would mean they would have to channel that energy in order to communicate with spirit beings, namely God being in the center of it all.

Some people just take things way too far and forget to just BE in the world and not be of the world. They are so wrapped up in the do's and don't's that life passes them by and they no longer enjoy it like the child that plays and never worries about anything but the moment. It's those little life moments that make it all worthwhile. Some people forget to be as the little children.

Old 12-27-2010, 08:37 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,943,309 times
Quote:
...If you were told by your boss that you had to work on VERNA'S Sabbath...(which is Friday night to Saturday night)...would you...?

Yes, and I would only be breaking YOUR rules, not Gods.

God may have something for me to do when I agree to my bosses terms.

Old 12-27-2010, 08:37 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,027,297 times
Quote:

Verna:

What more do you want???

Peace,
brian
Hey brother, I have been there. I used to not work on the Sabbath and not eat certain meats and such. Was already circumcised. But I would later learn through study that those things are carnal. Abstaining from those is a carnal abstinence. In other words, God is Spiritual and requires us to worship Him in Spirit. Those carnal things were part of the carnal covenant (Old Testament). Please read this from Barnabas:

The Epistle of Barnabas (translation Roberts-Donaldson)

Hopefully, that will open your undertanding to what all that meant.

Old 12-27-2010, 08:47 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,322,098 times
The OP does indeed give a comforting word and is correct God loves HIS creation, but HE has already done what it takes to make humanity "fit for eternity with HIM." HE gave HIS only begotten SON that whosoever BELIEVES in HIM shall not perish, but have everlasting life (life eternal with HIM).

Although Salvation is free, mankind must make a choice. We must believe in the ONE who has the power to save us from our sins. Jesus is the ONE who went to the cross... shed blood, laid down HIS life and took it up again. Salvation is free, God is merciful, HIS love eternal and HIS grace is sufficient, but every human being must believe...

Old 12-27-2010, 08:48 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,943,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
The OP does indeed give a comforting word and is correct God loves HIS creation, but HE has already done what it takes to make humanity "fit for eternity with HIM." HE gave HIS only begotten SON that whosoever BELIEVES in HIM shall not perish, but have everlasting life (life eternal with HIM).

Although Salvation is free, mankind must make a choice. We must believe in the ONE who has the power to save us from our sins. Jesus is the ONE who went to the cross... shed blood, laid down HIS life and took it up again. Salvation is free, God is merciful, HIS love eternal and HIS grace is sufficient, but every human being must believe...

Of course everyone will believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity