Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2010, 11:46 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,364,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero777 View Post
Hi Sparrow. When I say it has no impact on me, I mean that it has no impact on my views of God as all loving and kind. I take hold of what Christ has so graciously offered me and I am thankful to Him from the bottom of my heart. Because of His grace, hell has no hold over me. I'm free and allowed to come to His throne where I can finally take hold of real truth in Him. The chains of sin and the consequences that result from it are no longer tied to my existence as I am a new creation in Him. In regards to the other part, I'm sorry if I come off detached. I don't mean to; it's just part of my nature. But to answer your question...the answer is that I do have profound fears about members of my family, as well as the people of this world, going to a place of eternal seperation from God. I want all people to know just how wonderful and loving Christ really is and that He offers freedom for us. To see anyone suffer causes me heartache cause I simply can't stand to see people hurt. I want to help all people, though my flesh fails me at times. For me, I want all people to be with God in eternal paradise.
We must have different interpretations of what love and kindness are.
Love and kindness do not roast people in 600 degree ovens for all of eternity.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2010, 12:44 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,434,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
We must have different interpretations of what love and kindness are.
Love and kindness do not roast people in 600 degree ovens for all of eternity.
Love and kindness does not reject the love and kindness of God.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity